Sign in to follow this  
NIN_NOOL

MOST POPULAR NAME IN THE WORLD

Well let me just estimate....ummm....1,201,000,000

About that much...no I'm just messin',I know ranging from 30-40 Muhammed's. That's great though and it's a beautiful name! smile.gif

Originally posted by WISDOM786:

NIN YAABAN WAS THAT MEANT TO BE A JOKE ,BECOUSE I DONT GET IT.

HONESTLY.

Sure, i dont blame you. There are alot of thing you dont get. That wasn't a joke, but a true fact. Xaaji is a Soomali, and its very popular among Somalis. And so is, Wardi. Pure Soomali names. Lets hope you get that now. smile.gif

yes i would say MUHAMMAD too followed by ABDI....

the majority muslim ppl i know are named one of the two names i have mentioned above and i wont be surprised as they are both wonderful names and we all know what they mean to MUSLIMS.

unfortunately i cant give those two names to my sons as my name and my fathers's are one of the two so tough luck for me.

NIN_NOOL   

NIN YAABAN! YOURE RIGHT BRO THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS I DONT GET, I AM IN A JOURNEY OF LEARNING AND I BELIEVE WE ARE ALL IN IT TOGETHER SO BE PATIENT WITH ME.

YOU SAID.

The most popular Soomali name is, Ina Xaaji wardi.

XAJI NORMALY GOES IN FRONT OF ANOTHER NAME AND IS USED FOR PEOPLE WHO HEVE BEEN TO XAJ, HOW MANY OF THEM DO YOU KNOW.

WARDI IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL NAME NO DOUBT,BUT NOT THE MOST POPULAR SOMALI NAME.

Abdinuur   

I think the name Omar is also a popular one. I've seen three Mexican dudes, two Somali dudes, One Arab dude, an African dude....all named Omar...I was like...is this a joke?...dang!!!

And...they were attending in the SAME school...now you tell...!...

LuCkY   

Yeah i wouLd say Mohamed/Muhammad however you speLL it wouLd be the top pick for somaLi(if not the majority of the musLim nations) maLe names-very popuLar and very beautifuL as weLL. Then the Abdi so and so wouLd foLLow.

Diamond Princess i agree-you wouLdnt beLieve how many Ayans i encounter and know...i mean even when i was LittLe most of our neighbors girLs were named Ayan-taLk about weird coincidence!

Kaafi i have seen severaL Omars but i wouLdnt know if its one top/popuLar maLe name-it couLd be though.

Lefty   

You're right..Mohamed is the most popular name.

As far as Somali names, Abdi is the dominant one!