Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Admin, a great disappointment!

NGONGE   

I just logged into the site to read the latest exchanges when I was assaulted by the unfamiliar sight of a flashing message on the top left hand corner of my screen. It said ‘You have 1 unread private message’! I clicked on it to see what was so important that I needed to read in private. It was from a female! I really can’t remember the last time a female/girl/woman sent me a private message (the last man to do so was JB, about two months ago). This was exciting stuff. She’s definitely flirting with me. Why else would she use the word ‘yo’ as the subject title?

Well, tell her from me here and now that she did get my full attention with that sweet yo of hers. Though I did spend a long time wondering how she would enunciate the word. Would it be with a sweet, high and sparrow like voice, or , more a sensual, slow and Marilyn Monroe like whisper?

I quickly clicked on the message to see what it contains and prepared myself to politely turn down her (obviously) amorous advances. However, it seems that this new and improved forum has an anti-flirtation- with-NGONGE device installed! For instead of getting a long and circuitous message from a young filly telling me how much she admires me and how she spent many sleepless nights lying in her bed and tracing the letters of my name on air, I got an automatic message telling me that there is some sort of fault and that I should contact the administrator!

Rest assured that I’m telling the full truth when I say that I would have rejected her advances. However, I was planning to do it in a benign and harmless way. I was going to be polite. I was going to listen to her argument, humbly enjoy the attention and then gently turn her down. Now, like a young girl that got all dressed up only to find out that the wedding she was going to go to was cancelled, I’m disappointed and feel really let down (xarragow bila aroos is the new maah maah this incident forced me to coin). At my age, these little incidents are what reminds me of the kind of all-conquering lion I used to be (though of course, I probably wasn’t, my memory is not as good as it used to be you see). One minute the excitement of it all got to me and I was ready to stalk my prey, and now (because of a technical fault) it got away (the prey) leaving me heaving and panting and remembering the effect my bulky body has on my ancient knees. It’s scandalous I tell you, scandalous.

Ps

Just in case you fell asleep whilst reading the above, Private Messages don’t work on this forum.

Pps

Never give up my young filly, keep knocking on that door I’m sure I’ll eventually open. Yo, Yo, Yo! ;)

PPPs

That darn message is still flashing on my screen. It feels like I’m being teased and reminded of my great failure.

Zafir   

LoL.

The thought of dear brother Ngonge being anxiously nervous, over a long awaited flirtatious private message. Sort a like midwife delivering her first baby is completely unbearable to comprehend.(laughing really hard) If only I were out of shape 59 years old married with children would I have felt your anguish. (still laughing)

Ps: Yo, I kid with you because I love you.(smiling)

hell no u didnt admin! how come i didnt get no such message!! i say this place has become so partial to some cranky folks!!!!!!!!!

some time ago while i was moving my old secret gal friend to some other building in the south land, i run into an old congelese homie who was living this building!! guess what his name was!! Ngonge....i looked @ him so hard & homie was like, did i do something wrong! lol..!

i look @ him and said....never mind! just a mere concidence may be!!

Khayr   

Originally posted by Northerner:

LST, his day at work will be all the more exciting now
:D

hedoesntdomuchanyway

Northerner, that was below the belt. :D

I feel your pain, N. I too had a similar disappointment when I opened my email a short while ago and found no message from my current flirt.

We must keep hope alive.

Admin, Admin on the board, who's got the permission-denied-est PMs of them all? smile.gif

NGONGE   

rudy & Zafir :D

Northerner, war I work very hard at delegating my work. ;)

LST, it still does not work by the way.

While we’re here and just in case some random readers take this the wrong way, I’m not making a complaint. It was just a message to attract the Admin’s attention to the problem (saves you all from sending him private messages).

Ps

Have any of you noticed how many guests this site has (I‘ll save you the trouble, right now there are 1170 guests)? We need to entice some of these lurkers to introduce themselves!

Doffs his hat to the administrators of the site (yes, yes, I know I’m getting all sentimental in my old age).

Pucca   

Originally posted by Femme:

Uh, sorry to burst your bubble, but
we ALL
got that same message. :rolleyes:

Talk about an ego.

:confused: was i not special enough to get one?? Who's "we"???

poor gong...musta been a real let down eh,

Shakti   

no body told me that this week was the self serving promotion week...??

i really really hope he/she emails u again, and plz plz do continue sharing ur fascinating technical IT problems with us