Sign in to follow this  
money

Olympic's blurring my ......

Fabregas   

Ngonge, I dont know about a sixteen year old, but I now 4 sure no xalimos or 16 year old are doing gymnastics or snchronized swimming, herka wali lama gadin. I could just about imagine the types of nicknames they would be called :D . Although 20 or 30..40 years down the line.......we'll probably get more Somali females partcipating in support...at least from the those growing up in the West.

I wonder what sport event she is taking part in?

Well done to Duran Farah for including females in the Somali olympic team.

Duran Farah is also part of the TFG! - I once him saw in Dubai. I was in economy and he was in first, I wonder how he could afford such luxury, unless he is bank rolled by TFG. Nice guy though!

Ibtisam   

^^^ARe you sure, the waadaad was die hard Qaran teacher only 10yrs or so ago. Maybe he got rich and used his own money to be in 1st!

Blessed   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

M.r. Gelo:

If he was your teacher than you are from London, not Hollywood
:D
....unless you moved, and I can't see anyone moving frm london to hollywood

Silly girl, if you're in YT, you made it to Hollywood. You don't even have to leave your house. Saa ula soco. ;):D

Mr. G. So, you're an A.H progeny?

[EDIT] I take back my welcome, the way you gossip of Duraan, your old Quraan teacher is really uncalled for. SubhaanAllah, bro. People can have money without being dodgey. :(

Back to topic, there are a few Muslim females taking part, some Arab.

However, I find your comments on this topic both perverted and disrespectful and is the reason why a Muslimas don't / shouldn't take part. We're not put on this earth for your pleasure, huuno. :rolleyes:

Honestly.. do people read the rubbish they write on SOL?

money   

the games are beautiful and Olympics are the epitome of athletic excellence - Olympics are pride, joy and example of civilization and progress -

I think some societies are lagging behind in everything these days because of not only the limitations and restriction they put on half of their population but their lack of reform and reasoning to adopt to modernity. we live in a very advanced world, a world that competes, advances and reaches heights and sets new challenges to overcome, But some societies wanna be stuck in the past and just be happy with backwardness. I sometimes think what would we Somalis had been if we were influenced by the Chinese or the Japanese instead of Middle Easterners? Just questions?

Originally posted by money:

the games are beautiful and Olympics are the epitome of athletic excellence - Olympics are pride, joy and example of civilization and progress -

I think some societies are lagging behind in everything these days because of not only the limitations and restriction they put on half of their population but their lack of reform and reasoning to adopt to modernity. we live in a very advanced world, a world that competes, advances and reaches heights and sets new challenges to overcome, But some societies wanna be stuck in the past and just be happy with backwardness. I sometimes think what would we Somalis had been if we were influenced by the Chinese or the Japanese instead of Middle Easterners? Just questions?

Waryaa tell us what's so backwardness that we should change as a society that is "stuck in the past" those are your own words? and if you are alluding the good religion is a mere influence of Arab society, then we will keep it that way and you should embrace maybe Budha ;) reform and adopt modernity kuyeh..All of these just to see a xaliimo in her undie or an arab girl in bikini playing volleyball.. Dude help your self :D

Blessed   

^ :D . Dayuusnimo seems to be in fashion these days. Inaa Lilaah. :rolleyes:

Mr.Gello

That's good, but why aren't you representing bro? Stop hating, okay..

money   

Well, you got me wrong here! I am just asking questions and seeing half-naked or naked Xaliimoos is not even an issue to debate and something to bring into debate to point out the difference here. I studied comparative religion at school. Some Muslim scholars may even say Buddha was a prophet of Islam. it is in the Quran that Allah sent every nation a prophet or messenger of their own who speaks of their tongue. Only 25 or so are mentioned their names and most were from one region doesn't mean other nations and societies didn't get their share of prophets and messengers from their creator.

Buddhism is great religion like every other religion but Islam is the true religion and yet Muslims are not that great and true to the principles of their religion which urges them to read, reason and seek knowledge to enjoy and exploit the many bounties Allah blessed them on earth.

Sis ...naked and half naked Xaliimos and non=Xaliimos are everywhere and it's not something to desire . - Nudity, modesty are cultural mindset - a western women may not define these the same way as our maryooleey do. So let us not go there. but if you are incensed by my example, let us ask ourselves when we would see Somali gymnastics, or say swimming team both male or female, winning gold medals? or Somalia, Ethiopia, Egypt or Saudi Arabia hosting the Olympics or even bidding to host? when would we Somalis have have the joy and the pride the Chinese are right now experiencing? or the one my American coworkers are cheering for seeing Team USA breaking world records and collecting many Gold, Silver & Bronze medals? just questions, not affronting Islam, Arabs or Africa? or not desiring to see naked xaliimoos?

India the second populous nation on earth got their first olympic gold medal- that is a feat but India contributes to the world in other fields of technology, science, trade, skills, culture, philosophy and are trying and they are on the move. Same can be said of Brazil and some South East Asian nations. what is happening in our corner of the world? starvation, famine, violence, curse of oil? lack of leadership? bad governance? backwardness? we destroy and fight? they build and celebrate.

I am only questioning why some societies are stuck in backwardness and others are way too advanced? China had a civilization that goes six millennium back. They are poised to be a world power in every aspect in the future and some are even predicting 2020 china's economy could out do that of America if they continue the momentum.

Another thing is education. Educated people reason, rationalize, use logic and think of better tomorrow? I am wondering what went wrong in some societies specially ours? we can't even have a decent debate and can't discuss issues without getting into loggerheads, or creating controversies? what happened to lacalakum tafakaruun?

we contribute nothing to humanity other than misery and mayhem. we are being pitied for our perpetual suffering , abject poverty and lack of development. Humanitarian organization with athletes, actors and models as their good-will ambassadors appeal to rich and advanced societies to contribute and donate to save the starving in Somalia!

I believe we should change everything cos nothing so far worked for us... why not look to developed and progressive societies instead? We should change everything ... and as the Quran says ...Allah will not change the circumstances/.conditions of a people until what is within themselves ??? Change is the underlining motivation here. We need to change everything to catch up and be part of civilization and progress!

Money, forget about the nakedness of Xaliimos for a sec, and tell me what we are talking here Mr. Money? I am confused really. Is it about how some countries regardless of their religion are lacking behind? Is it about why there are no enough Somalis in Beijing? Maybe why some Muslim countries are not sending their girls to Olympics? When is Somalia or other Muslim nation gonna host Olympics or win medals? I can only try some of the questions you posted above. So specify please adigoon xanaagin....

The only reason why I replied to you earlier post, was because you threw questions about Arabs and Somalis not having girl swimmers in the Olmpics or whatever. And then you came back and said that some nations are been held back or are stucked in the past. I assume you meant those nation you mentioned before(Somalis, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar) are not doing what other nations are doing Beijing because religion is holding them back..If that isn't what you meant then I am sorry to assert those lines in my other reply.

RedSea   

Am I the only one scratching his head here?

What the heck is mr. Money on about here?

It's one thing for you to personally take pleasure in watching 'half naked' women, it's another to suggest it to be a trend for us Muslim to apply to our faith. I don't think you need to be preached here about anything, after all you know the basics. So bal dib isug noqo saaxib.

Diinta iyo personal desires kala saar. :D

Emperor   

Originally posted by money:

Do they have Olympics in Jannah?

Inalilaahi, are you a Muslim? I am not questioning you but only asking, how on earth could you possibly toss such question? Trying to underestimate the reward of these Muslims girls, Jannah, questioning whether they will have Olympics in there... yaab, war ilaahaaga kabaq.

The Olympics are nothing but just simple silly men and woman running around like headless chickens entertaining others and given pointless attention and coverage who are rewarded with nonesical medals...

Now i get it, here i was staring at that picture all the time , sinking where i seen this dude before. Well am glad he is there after all someone has to be there and he is better than most.

he is a sort of politican so i don't know why u guys are expecting him to so angelic, he got roval to vend off and sometimes u do what u have to do.