Suldaanka

Uganda President names Somalia as example of failed country and (says he won't name others b/c of diplomatic fall out)

Holac   

Museveni, the tyrant dictator, is a symbol of African failure himself. He failed his country the longest by denying the Ugandan people basic freedom for more than 30 years, while his family steals the country's wealth. He needs to look at himself in the mirror. 

On 2/2/2019 at 6:53 PM, Holac said:

Museveni, the tyrant dictator, is a symbol of African failure himself. He failed his country the longest by denying the Ugandan people basic freedom for more than 30 years, while his family steals the country's wealth. He needs to look at himself in the mirror. 

Folks like that don't keep mirrors. Only see through no reflective ones.

galbeedi   

Holac,

Those of us who had seen little glimpse of Uganda and its capital do not take seriously about Muaveni-- the dinosaur.

He is probably acting like a man who is running a well managed country, but the facts on the ground are totally different.

Here is some of the examples i saw in Kampala:

When I landed at the small airport a lady at the gate asked me if I had been vaccinated against the Yellow fever. I said no. Then she told me to proceed  to small clinic with bold letters saying, " Ministry of health".

Two officers and a nurse were there. THe only people who went there were me and three Chinese guys. The Chinese paid each $40 dollars and were vaccinated by the nurse. I had some apprehension about these vaccines and told them that I had travel vaccines from Canada early this year but they insisted on vaccinating me.

They asked me the money first before they even vaccinated me and I gave them $50 dollars and asked for the change. Suddenly , the nurse said that they were out of vaccines. I said, thank God, yet they took the whole $50 dollars without change and filled up the vaccine card with my name without getting vaccinated. I took the card with sigh of relief and proceeded to the visa office. A lady wearing a captain uniform and man sitting at the office window asked me how long I was staying and told them four days. 

She said , " I  will give you one month" and stamped the passport without recording any data to the computer. She  took the  fifty dollars in told me to proceed without any receipt or paper work.

A friend of mine was also coming from Dubai just half an hour after me and we were supposed to meet at the airport. As a Southern Somali (From Puntland) he was more sophisticated than me on these issues. When the lady at the entrance told me to proceed to t5he vaccine office, he  told her that he doesn't want to do that and gave her just $10 dollars and proceeded to the visa office without no vaccine issues.

When I asked he said, " Waar kuwan waxoogaa baa la iskaga dhiibaa, ma talal iyo waxaas ayaan karaynaa".

As we jumped to our car , I saw a soldier with AK47 holding his finger to the trigger and said to our friend who picked us about the danger of this moves. he said , " If you do not listen his orders he will shoot and the finger is already there, all he needs is five pounds of pressure.

This are some my early glimpses of the Uganda of Musaveni.

On the other hand, the land is rich, green and looked like paradise. Beautiful countryside farms with red roof villas inside these farms were breathtaking. I thought this was the richest country in the world in terms of landscape, yet no roads. It takes hour and half for 35km distance because of gridlock.

I will tell you some other time about the old fart Musaveni.

2 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Holac,

Those of us who had seen little glimpse of Uganda and its capital do not take seriously about Muaveni-- the dinosaur.

He is probably acting like a man who is running a well managed country, but the facts on the ground are totally different.

Here is some of the examples i saw in Kampala:

When I landed at the small airport a lady at the gate asked me if I had been vaccinated against the Yellow fever. I said no. Then she told me to proceed  to small clinic with bold letters saying, " Ministry of health".

Two officers and a nurse were there. THe only people who went there were me and three Chinese guys. The Chinese paid each $40 dollars and were vaccinated by the nurse. I had some apprehension about these vaccines and told them that I had travel vaccines from Canada early this year but they insisted on vaccinating me.

They asked me the money first before they even vaccinated me and I gave them $50 dollars and asked for the change. Suddenly , the nurse said that they were out of vaccines. I said, thank God, yet they took the whole $50 dollars without change and filled up the vaccine card with my name without getting vaccinated. I took the card with sigh of relief and proceeded to the visa office. A lady wearing a captain uniform and man sitting at the office window asked me how long I was staying and told them four days. 

She said , " I  will give you one month" and stamped the passport without recording any data to the computer. She  took the  fifty dollars in told me to proceed without any receipt or paper work.

A friend of mine was also coming from Dubai just half an hour after me and we were supposed to meet at the airport. As a Southern Somali (From Puntland) he was more sophisticated than me on these issues. When the lady at the entrance told me to proceed to t5he vaccine office, he  told her that he doesn't want to do that and gave her just $10 dollars and proceeded to the visa office without no vaccine issues.

When I asked he said, " Waar kuwan waxoogaa baa la iskaga dhiibaa, ma talal iyo waxaas ayaan karaynaa".

As we jumped to our car , I saw a soldier with AK47 holding his finger to the trigger and said to our friend who picked us about the danger of this moves. he said , " If you do not listen his orders he will shoot and the finger is already there, all he needs is five pounds of pressure.

This are some my early glimpses of the Uganda of Musaveni.

On the other hand, the land is rich, green and looked like paradise. Beautiful countryside farms with red roof villas inside these farms were breathtaking. I thought this was the richest country in the world in terms of landscape, yet no roads. It takes hour and half for 35km distance because of gridlock.

I will tell you some other time about the old fart Musaveni.

Uganda is one of the countries addicted to dictators, once they got rid of the British system. Musavini was promoted an Oromo for few weeks until the competition for Somalia heated up and had to part ways with Abiy.