Sign in to follow this  
Amna

I am scared for my future

NGONGE   

^^ A father or brother don't becuase they know every last cajuus in town is already on the case. :D

As for what the numbers lady said, I whole-heartedly agree. It is actually strange that not many women (and men) are that desperate to get married. What are they made of? Iron?

I can fully understand why a western woman/man might not be desperate for marriage. They get a partner at twelve or thirteen and (mostly) swap partners throughout their teens and twenties until they hit their thirties and finally decide one of these partners is worth marrying. In our case it is different. We want to run the same marathon without a single drop of water yet still insist that we are not thirsty at all icon_razz.gif (I am not talking about sex here by the way! Well, not just sex).

Come on you singletons, come out come out wherever you are and ADMIT that you are desperate.

<<<<<< Get your free duca here...

First thing first…walks up to Malika and slaps her about. What are you saying? My dear there is a difference between actively seeking and being pathetic about it and this thread sadly is the later. Seriously I thinking about marriage day and night, exhausting all avenues, blaming god when one doesn’t get what one wants and don’t even start me please make duca’s for me etc.

Am sorry am just calling it for what it really is and I don’t mean to offend am simply translating what she is saying.

Haneefa- then why don’t these so called “brothers” of ures offer themselves/siblings/ friends in a silver platter instead of coming here with there ‘we’ sympathize bulsh1dh? And unless am mistaken by posting this thread, she basically invited us to pass judgements and if she doesn’t like what she is seeing then I suggest she gets a thicker skin.

p.s the yayasistehood is alive and kicking, it just doesn’t have time to deal with such pleas. Pressing matters to deal with and all e.g. did you know in some part of Afghanistan a woman is worth 2 mules 2 mules I tell you now that’s depressive and requires ducas.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Haneefah:

quote:Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

I would rather be desperate and jump in the marriage wagon with any
loser that looks at me twice than to come here and ask on a public forum for its members to keep me in their ducas! Bisinka what is this world coming to!!!

Besides do you really think, with everthink else that's going on in ones life, they would actually say a duca for you? And just tell me how would the duca be said "Ilaahoow Amna nin u sahal" mise "Ilaahoow hadaadan Amna nin siiney samir sii"? :confused:

While it may very well be true that you didn't
mean
to offend, the above comments are indeed very offensive and humiliating. I don't undertand how some people can be so blatantly inattentive to people's feelings
:(
With a title like 'I am scared for my future', one would think something tragic/horrendous has happened to the poor girl...Then the first sentence reads 'Day and night all i think about is marriage'...WHAT!!!

What I find humiliating is for someone to start such topic in this manner, while there are a lot more serious things in life to be seeking duco from others, that's just my opinion...If one makes a public plea like this one, one should expect all sorts of replies, and unfortunately not all replies will be attentive to his/her feelings...Too bad mine is interpreted that way...

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

quote:Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^Ayeeyo, what's real?

What's real is that one shouldn't be thinking about marriage day and night, as the poster said! There's more to life than this ayeeyo...What's also real is that there are a lot worse situations to be asking for your fellow Muslims duco than I can't find a husband ee iisoo duceya inuu alle sabar isiiyo...

BTW, adi ma'usoo duceysay?
Yes, waa duceeye dear KK , and I don't wanna get into semantics here, but if one rereads Amna's first post, she was only expressing frustrations or venting (I thought women should be good at picking this sort-over generalises :D ). About the only she asked for was our Duca, not opinions, advice, or critisms.

And I would like to think most people know what's best for them!

Malika   
CL, :D:D ..I have a tendancy to read between the lines dear. Underneath the choosen words, the girl was reaching out to be heard, prayed for etc. smile.gif

Of all the id*otic topics to get ranting and rude about in this section, you guys choose this? Talk about really loosing focus…

A dua is the LEAST of what anyone can offer a fellow Muslim and I do fail to see jidhka idinka go'aya if you offer your dua to Amna, whether what she is seeking is important or trivial from your perspective. If thats what she wants, and it will make her happy, maxaad ugu diideysiin? I'm not sure where all this animosity for the girl is coming from... :confused:

Amna, you certainly have my dua! May you have someone befitting of you come your way. Amiin. There is nothing wrong with seeking a halal marriage at the right time for the right reasons.

Indhoos   

Alaa Ilaahay Qaadirsanaa...

I think we are all failing to see that the lady has mentioned the existence of a condition. What is the condition? We have no idea and glad that she did not elaborate on it b/c now I am starting to shudder at thought of what would have happened has she exposed herself further.

Many of us are analyzing the situation at hand while using their personal status as a guide...May be you are not ready to settle down, may be you would not have consorted to this particular venue for support and dua, and may be you feel marriage is over rated and there is no need for one to stress over it, but what do you know of someone else's situation....

You are telling her to go to the Masjid, to ask her elders for aid, but what if none of those are available to her?

If you cannot give your dua unconditionally due to curiosity, simply ask questions and explore without judging...and get past this mentality of "well I am not in this situation and none of my friends are; therefore I cannot imagine anyone who could be." And start imagining that people are going through things that we have never heard of before these days..

Wabilahi Towfiiq

PS Naden, in order for one to get your dua, the tumor has to be gigantic, malignant, and on the face? LOL...

bilan   

Ilaahay ha kuu fududeeyo.

What’s wrong with asking Du’a, that is all she asked, I am sure if she had asked du’a for a job no one would have said anything to her or judged her so harshly. Plus why are people making marriages to be so trivial, it is one of the most important decisions that the person will make in their lifetime. Unless you are made of stone, everyone needs another human being, that is how Allah created us.

She did not blame God, or asked you to find her a husband, all she wants is dua, if some people are incapable to make dua for her for whatever reason, then do not offend her. Maybe you do not see marriage to be important or worth to think about it, but she does.

Indhoos   

^^^What on earth?

*slaps CL on the face with the canjeero then remembers*

Darn it that was the last canjeero!!!

*Goes on to the cambuulo line to fight for a scoop*

P.s

I'm enjoying this debate, finnally people here have actuall opinions instead of being all nice.

I have to agree with the cynical spinster ladies in this joint, there are a lot worse things in this world, to be depressed about than not being married.

Darn you all hard-core females: :D . The girl is JUST VENTING, darn! :rolleyes: . If you cant make du'aa for her, then plz dont make her more depressed with your comments. I get the sisterly tough-love advices but read my cyber lips... NOW IS NOT THE TIME ;)

Amna(what a beautiful name) you're in my prayers, LOVE.

Nephissa   

I'A, no matter what condition(s) you have one day you'll meet your prince charming who can accept you for you, the inside and the out.

I wish you all the very best of good health, and happiness, abbaayo.

My great-granma, Ilaahay ha u naxariisto, always used to wish me 'nin fiican' whenever I did something nice for her. Maalin baan ku idhi ayeeyo lottery-ga inaan helo ii gu ducee nin waxba ii ma tarayo ee. To which she replied: 'Nin fiicani waa nolol fiican, doqonyahay'. Gotta love her. :D

So, Amna, I too wish you all the best. May you be rewarded with a wonderful man worthy of you. Insha'Allah khayr. And please stop worrying so much, you'll make yourself sick. Everything happens at their own pace, regardless of how much you fret.