Sign in to follow this  
Amna

I am scared for my future

Amna   

Day and night all i think about is marriage, i have taken every avenue trying to find a husband to no avail. I don't know if guys are turning me down because of my condition or maybe allah is punishing me for reasons unkown to me even though since i was a teenager i practised and followed allahs commands so that i may earn his love. This is really making me so depressed. I wish allah would just give me sabr and eman if its not decreed for me to get married. Please brothers and sisters keep me in your duas.

Indhoos   

You will be in my prayers.

Mind elaborating on this a bit more, may be we can try to analyze the root cause of the issue... completely up to you.

Abyan   

wlc Amna, I remember coming across this fatwa some time ago.

I hope it answers some of your questions.

Sheikh, I am 29 years old, I have not married yet. I always ask Allah to bless me with a righteous husband who helps me religiously and in life. I am sure that Allah will answer my prayer soon. I know all the preferable times of making dua. My problem is that I feel that every act worship I do is being done for the sake of answering my prayer. I fast because the dua of a fasting person will be answered, I pray late at night because making dua while praying late at night is accepted, I pray the sunan so that I become closer to Allah that He accepts my dua. In brief; I feel that all my worship is not purely for the sake of Allah, and this feeling suffocates me. What shall I do?

Another thing is I am very tired because of remaining unmarried, I keep asking Allah knowing that He is the most generous, most bounteous, but I fear my sins, I fear my dua is not being answered because of my sins, what shall I do? Please sheikh, advise me and make dua for me. Please, please, ask Allah to bless me with a righteous husband, better than I deserve. May Allah reward you and bless you with the highest paradise.

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah, may He be blessed and exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“it may be that you dislike a thing and Allaah brings through it a great deal of good” [al-Nisa’ 4:19]

“and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allaah knows but you do not know”

[al-Baqarah 2:216].

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: I was riding behind the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) one day and he said: “O boy, I shall teach you some words. Be mindful Allaah and He will take care of you. Be mindful of Allaah and He will protect you. If you ask then ask of Allaah, and if you seek help then seek help from Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you in some way, they would not benefit you except in something that Allaah has decreed for you, and if they were to gather together to harm you in some way, they would not harm you except in something that Allaah has decreed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2516).

You should note that what you have to do is to be content with your situation and realize that what Allaah has chosen for you is the best, and you missing out on something may be a good thing.

Do not let the whispers of the accursed shaytaan affect you and lead you every which way. Rather you should be as our Lord likes you to be, and accept His decree and thank Him for His blessings. Ponder the blessings that Allaah has bestowed upon you, and do not worry. Keep yourself busy with worship of Allaah and make a program for yourself so that you can wake up for Fajr prayer and then read Qur’aan and adkhaar and du’aas. Attend lectures and reminders and Islamic conferences. Through this program you will be able to relax and find peace of mind. Always comfort yourself with the words of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) “How wonderful is the situation of the believer, for all his affairs are good. If something good happens to him, he gives thanks for it and that is good for him; if something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience, and that is good for him. This does not apply to anyone but the believer.” Narrated by Muslim (2999).

Be kind to yourself, and remember that there are millions of women like you who are not married, but many of them may be happier than many of those who are married.

May Allaah open your heart to contentment with His decree and give you peace of mind about your situation, and fill your heart with happiness. You are better off than many others!

Does your sorrow at not being married increase when you see a woman and her husband and children going on a trip? Does this remind you that you are alone and without a husband and children?

Does it make you feel that you have been wronged, or that you are unfortunate, or that you are deprived?

Wait a minute, do not let these negative feelings and frustrations prevail over you and increase your sense of sadness and sorrow.

You have seen only one aspect of this family’s life, but there are many other aspects that you have not seen.

Perhaps if you saw the wife who has a hard-hearted husband who shows no compassion, and you heard her complaints about her continual suffering with him, you would praise Allaah for saving you from marriage.

If you sit with a divorced woman who laments her fate and says that she regrets having married, and you listen to her as she complains about how much she put up with and how much she suffered until she got her divorce, and regained her sense of security, perhaps you will praise Allaah for not having got married and suffered what she has suffered.

If you think about what thousands of wives are suffering and what may others whose marriages ended in divorce have had to put up with, this will reduce many of the feelings of regret that you have because of not being married.

This way of thinking will dispel your feeling of having been hard done by, and will replace those feelings with a beautiful sense of contentment, which will earn you the pleasure of Allaah, as I told you in the previous message.

Remember your friend’s complaints about her husband yelling and being angry all the time, and how you have been saved from that.

Remember your neighbour who left her home weeping after her husband beat her and hurt her.

“I have reached my forties and am not married, and I praise Allaah for everything that He has decreed for me. At first I felt sad and upset whenever I was alone, and I regretted my misfortune every time one of my friends got married. I did not have any conditions or specific characteristics in the man I wanted to marry; I was prepared to accept any righteous man. But years went by without this man coming to me. I began to withdraw from people so that I would not see their looks of pity but I could not escape them completely, because I would see them in the eyes of my parents and siblings who would pray for me every time they saw me. One day at the end of Sha’baan, as we were preparing for the blessed month of Ramadaan, Allaah guided me to keep a Mus-haf just for myself. I decided to read the whole Qur’aan and I found it very difficult to read it because I had stopped reading for the last ten years. I also found it difficult to understand some verses, so I bought a book of Tafseer (commentary) and I started to read it so that I could understand the verses of Qur'aan that I was reading. Ramadaan ended but my attachment to the Book of Allaah did not stop; I carried on reading the verses of Allaah and reading the commentary thereon.

“Then came the day when I read the verse in Soorat al-Kahf (interpretation of the meaning): Wealth and children are the adornment of the life of this world. But the good righteous deeds that last, are better with your Lord for rewards and better in respect of hope [al-Kahf 18:46]. I wondered, what does the good righteous deeds that last’ mean? I found in the Tafseer that it refers to all righteous deeds.

“I fell in love with righteous deeds such as prayer, fasting, charity, tasbeeh, tahmeed, tahleel and takbeer. Happiness began to fill my heart and I became content. I praised Allaah greatly for guiding me to this path and teaching me these things.”

Sister Umm Yamaan adds:

“But this is not a call for monasticism, rather it is a call to accept the will and decree of Allaah.”

Ghayr Mutazawwajaat walakin Sa’eedaat (Unmarried but Happy) 1/4-7 by Muhammad Rasheed al-‘Uwayd.

But every girl should understand that the purpose of life is to be a true slave of Allaah in both the specific and general senses. If she has the opportunity to establish a Muslim household, then the girl will be worshipping Allaah by getting married and raising children, and raising for us the generation that we want.

But if that does not happen, then the ways of worshipping Allaah in general are many, foremost among which is calling people to Allaah. So she should focus on women who have deviated from the path of Allaah and take them as her daughters and guide them to the straight path of Allaah. “The one who calls people to guidance will have a reward equal to theirs, without it detracting from their reward in the slightest.”

So regard the Muslim community as your home, and be like a beacon of guidance, truth, justice and knowledge, and let us advise one another to adhere to truth and patience. “Surely, Allaah wastes not the reward of the Muhsinoon [those who do good]” [al-Tawbah 9:120].

Ghayr Mutazawwajaat walakin Sa’eedaat (Unmarried but Happy) 1/12 by Muhammad Rasheed al-‘Uwayd.

See also the answer to questions no. 21234 and 72257.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Amna..u live in Canada or europe? correct..i feel your pain homie gal. some how xalimoos in these places r suffering big time due to lack of marrying faraaxs..lol

I say let us hook up Amna from RIGHT HERE SOL! LOOL... any faraax wanna volunteer!!lemme here your name!! plz help the sista... its our duty

me.....my list is full!! i gotta a wife and gf lool.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Amna:

I don't know if guys are turning me down because of my condition

What's your condition?

Ibtisam   

Abyan post says it all

Everything happens for a reason, maybe there is a perfectly good reason why Allah has not made it so, so count all your other blessings and let it be. IF it is meant to be it will happen, stop obsessing about it, and don't let Shidan play havoc with your mind. Marriage can only enhance what you already were as a person, it is not a solution to problems and a bucket of happiness, which can transform your life from zero to hero.

It can be really off putting for guys who might want to marry you if you are so intense and suffocating. Marriage is already daunting enough for everyone without so much added pressure, particularly if you are strangers who just met.

So my advise is to relax, let it be for a while, and find something else in life, which supplements the absences of a partner;- for example increase your social/ friends network, do something challenging like starting a new career, take a holiday, go trekking, start a business, do a degree in Islamic study, become a xafidiah, an ideal Muslimah. Afterall, your soul purpose in life is to worship Allah, maybe this trial is just another way to draw your near to your lord and make you a better, stronger Muslimah.

May Allah make life easier for you and aid you in finding happiness and contentment. Ask Allah to give you that which is good and beneficial to you, both in this life and the hearafter. smile.gif

chubacka   

^ Ameen.

Amna u will be in my duas sweetie but remember shytan loves to see us down and defeated, dnt give him the satisfaction.

This is a trail for you as it is a trail for u as well as many other sisters somali or not out there so think of it as that and never dispair of the mercy of Allah, keep making dua but do other things too. Have something to focus on, set yourself some targets, learning arabic etc. Its great to really have a goal and concentrate on achiving it an this will make it harder for Shytan to get in2 ur head with his whispers.

Also be practical an ask your friends/family if they no any suitable brothers.

All da best.

Miriam1   

^ Amin.

Amna your name says it all ! The trustworthy one. So trust that Allah has something wonderful in store for you. smile.gif