Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

Your may 18th experience

LANDER   

Those of you who attended may 18th celebrations in your respective cities, share your thoughts on the event right here.

I spent mine in Toronto were they had the celebration in Scarborough. Overall I would say it was a nice party except for a little lack of organisation. We could a used a bigger hall and the organisers could a been a little better prepared. But the number of people that showed up was impressive.

Feel free to share your own experience Landers, no matter your location in the world.

Miriam1   

Lander i did go to the same party it was nice,yea i agree with you, lol I and my friend couldn't get in to the hall itself until my friend's mother had to come and help us.

I loved it though very lively and it had a mix of everyone.

India   

Not Exagarting but the event in London was EXCELLENT> the turnout was massive well over 4000 and I hear all proceeds are going to Hargeisa Hospital. The show was diverse: traditional dancers, presenations, poem recital,private workshops (behind closed doors) and equalled entertainment.

Well done to the orgasnisors "Nomad UK" I think they did an impressive job. These brothers and sisters organise this event and all this is done in the name of Charity and Somaliland--now that is somthing.

A freind of mine is a member and I plan to get involved next year which is already in the works and the plans are to support "Burco Hospital".

Happy 18th May every one. God Bless Somaliland.

Lander if you dont mind me asking:was the event in TO purely for celebrations or is it in aid of Somaliland concerns?

N.O.R.F   

i'm with u Angel Dust, it was a top class event and i enjoyed thoroughly!!!!!!!!!

Dont know about 4000 ppl tho, maybe 1000-2000, and that little ruwayed in the middle was hilarious!!!!!!!!

Glad u all had a good time, long may it continue!

N.O.R.F   

one thing i did not like was the way in which ppl were either wearing the flag, throwing it around and generally not taking into account what is written on it!

ZOLA   

I WAS INVITED TO A MAY 18 CELEB HERE IN MN .... I GOT THERE KIND OF LATE...THE PLACE WAS OVERCROWDED.... BUT IT WAS OK..

OPINIONATED.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS.....I WISH I HAD KNOWN EARLIER.

A.A

ZOLA   

I WAS INVITED TO A MAY 18 CELEB HERE IN MN .... I GOT THERE KIND OF LATE...THE PLACE WAS OVERCROWDED.... BUT IT WAS OK..

OPINIONATED.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS.....I WISH I HAD KNOWN EARLIER.

A.A

LANDER   

Angel-dust,

There were a few people going around with money boxes to donate to the hargeisa hospital, however we lacked the experience and organisation of you landers in London. Lakiin, nshallah next year we will improve since this celebration is only a couple of years in the making here in Toronto.

AYOUB   

Nice to see we all enjoyed ourselves. I went to the London celebration and wasn't it nice see people who were not Somalilanders enjoying themselves too!

Lander, i've got an idea for next year. Why don't you make a Somaliland calender(maybe with you posing as model :D ) with the year 0012AU or 0013AU. AU meaning After Unioun. That would raise a lot of money for charity.

LANDER   

lol@ayoub,

sxb nobody wanna see a somali man on the cover of a calendar,specialy a hairy one...he he. Ruba on the other hand would probably have the calendar sold out if she appeared on it ;)

Haaruun   

Yes, That party in Scarborough(Toronto) was offfff the hoooook...I was glad to c such so many pple with +ve thoughts...also there were many pple who were not S.landers and were havin' fun like maxaa iga galey camal.

Lander, were u the guy who was giving away the free t-shirts and stuff...