Che -Guevara

Political Gamesmanship in Deni's inaugural ceremony

38 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Horta  Kaaagan taalamoogow waxad iga  waranta dani iyo  diyaana doorashasini niman Wada daa  oo magacyo noocaas ah leh wanuyaabanahay. Kheyr eeh alxamdulikah waan fiicanahay. Xaajigu why duucaynaya. Mar hadu cabdi cawar tegey kan dani eeh qanjaha waweyn leh wanu eegeyna. One bad move prepare Tanks. Galbeedi tries to be diplomatic. Anaguse runtanu sheegna.

Xaaji, booyadaha booseneerooyinka aad taankiga ka dhigtey waa halis ee bal naga ilaali😁

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Dabrow   

I have to agree that this whole thing is waste of time and particular money. Most Somalis lacks basic needs and have no goverment that provides this yet there is money to waste on lavish inaugurations and bribes. It will be a recurring thing every couple of years to spend on inaugurations and bribes and not only 1 president but all 5 so called federal states will be doing this. This federal model will collapse on its own weight.

4 hours ago, Dabrow said:

I have to agree that this whole thing is waste of time and particular money. Most Somalis lacks basic needs and have no goverment that provides this yet there is money to waste on lavish inaugurations and bribes. It will be a recurring thing every couple of years to spend on inaugurations and bribes and not only 1 president but all 5 so called federal states will be doing this. This federal model will collapse on its own weight.

Dabrow, I don’t ever recall there being a track record of your predictions coming true. Therefore we gonna have to chalk your prediction that our federalism “will collapse on its own weight” down as merely one of your many melancholy ruminations—typical with our pitiable Federal detractors in here.

This Federal train is unstoppable and so many have fallen off on the way side. I urge you not to become one of them.

Dabrow   
5 hours ago, Tillamook said:

Dabrow, I don’t ever recall there being a track record of your predictions coming true. Therefore we gonna have to chalk your prediction that our federalism “will collapse on its own weight” down as merely one of your many melancholy ruminations—typical with our pitiable Federal detractors in here.

This Federal train is unstoppable and so many have fallen off on the way side. I urge you not to become one of them.

Im not in general against federalism as concept but rather the clan federalism promoted by IGAD&Ethiopia, Its nothing but clan fragmentation politically even your beloved Puntland is no different in this aspect where one ruling subclan is taking turns while others lost faith in the project and wants to create khatumo and Makhir state.

Its rational to expect similiar outcome in the south infact the south is even more diverse and that equals more problems in the implementation of clan federalism .This system also gave birth to people like Madoobe who wishes devolution from Xamar yet concentrate everything in Kismayo.

His admin broke ranks with the Goverment of Somalia against the wishes of the people but with support of other federal state leaders. His admin  completely ignored the people he is supposed to represent. He said nothing when Kenya was building a wall in Beledxawo and raping women you see for me its a duty to be against a system that allow this behavior. If the clan federal train is unstoppable then a unbreakable wall will be put before it. :D

Dabrow   

Tillamook: 

There is reason why IGAD countries came with up this clan federalism solution and today you can see Jubbaland is more connected to Kenya than Somalia and in South west Ethiopia has big influence. This is not what Somali people signed up for even though this was the plan all along. To create fragmented , more controllable buffer states in perpetual political crisis/chaos with no connection to the center, ie central goverment.

Dabrow   
32 minutes ago, Apophis said:

I know why you are against federalism. Because, and I can’t blame you, there are some who can only prosper under a central system because if the pie is divided, they will end up as the .5

Again I have no problem with federalism but banning the gov for coming or cutting ties with Xamar is not federalism anywhere in the world. This is something completely else and Im against that.

galbeedi   

Waa Xaflad qurux badan oo si fiican loo soo agaasimay. good job.

The speech by Saciid Deni was really good, especially the idea of " Hay'ado madax banaan" making government accountable. They seem to be a well prepared politician.

Also, Puntalnd leader keep repeating the supremacy of law which is a good thing.

The few things that is odd about this regional inauguration is the idea of the missing land (Dhulka Maqan) under Puntalnd constitution. Usually it is nation states who talk about the missing territory of the nation, but if tribes claim that they missing some tribal home land, mat Allah help us.

How can you reconcile the national constitution and how it  defines  what means to be province and the constitution written by regional government. It must be an overbidding  federal constitution that clearly defines the national borders and the regional ones.

That is why nations agree on national frame work before they discuss the local issues. Unless we are copying things from Meles Zanawi who based things on ethnic borders, the well defined western models have local, regional and federal hierarchy that can't be usurped by regions.Here in Canada, the province can dismiss elected city officials if they transgress.

If the national constitution is paramount no one should be fighting to control Sool region except the locals and the national government.

We are for federal system but we will not accept this  one hastened by Amisom and IGAD.  Everybody keep repeating of the centralized dictatorship of Somalia of the past, but that era is gone and it is not coming back.

Federal system is Delegation of power and direct democracy for the locals. More than anything else it means delivery of service to the locals on issues that matter: education , health care, policing, and infrastructure. Those services must be delivered by people elected by the local people themselves.  

Like most of the western NGO's who spend 60-75 cents for every  dollar delivered for those in need, regional governments are spending almost all of their revenues to maintain this huge  presidency.

The Somali people must elect those who advocate less government bureaucracy and more services to the people. The first step is eliminating the regional presidency. Other than the Meles Zanawi system , no where in the world you have regional presidents managing  a million or less people in the entire world. If we are lucky enough to get the gavel, Somalia will have only one presidents and the rest will be governors.

The billion Indians have chief ministers to lead their states , so does the 200 million Pakistanis. The hundred million Nigerians have governors.No sane Somali should accept six or seven presidents.

Dufaan is correct about the foreign governments nurturing the balkanization of Somalia, otherwise, why would a British foreign secretary want to invite Somali regional leaders to  London. This foreign collusion must be broken.

17 hours ago, galbeedi said:

PeaceAction, I have no prove. I said earlier five million but then I saw our friend Holac site $30 million. I should have probably quoted him.

Apophis,

Our friend Tilamook kept saying, "What is mine is mine" . Since when A Somali land fought and died by everyone belonged to one group.

I do not remember where the Puntalnd people voted in plebiscite how Puntalnd should be and where it is borders must be. In a conference, during the civil war, you guys had decided without no input from other Somalis  that Puntalnd should be , Bari, Nugaal , Woqoyiga Mudug, Sool, Sanaag Bari and Buuhoodle.

Buuhoodle belongs to Togheer region, and you have seen the wars and disputes in Tukaraq. The Same thing goes in Somaliland, elders joined in Burco just after the collapse of the state and proclaimed five provinces under Somaliland.

The decisions you are making are affecting me and will be affecting me and others in the future. I have a say how the Somali nation should be organized.

Haddi Reer walba meeshuu doono calaamadaysto dhibku ma dhamaanayo. Did you ask why people are dying in Sool as we speak? it is because of the hasty political decisions of 1998. There will be Awdalites dying in Tukaraq . You might say that Jeegaan Ayaa ku soo qasabatay ee orod oo iska dhici. Which means I have to wage a war against my neighbor that  might end in disaster. 

I always thought a persons owns the house he owns in a certain city which he shares with others. An American comedian was talking about black gangsters killing one another and calling themselves " East coast and West coast" groups. He said, niggers are dying a block they don't own. He said, " You are renting and you dying a block you  don't own"

Millions of us had been chased out of Mogadishu during the civil, yet that does not mean we are condemned to stay put in our tribal home land and not leave other places. Of all people, we the Somali nomads who room  the world, shouldn't be advocating segregation or clan ownership of certain Somali territory. Out uncles and for fathers had died defending these lands so we could all live in free.

Galbeedi I was addressing about Holac's 30 million claim. He needs to give us his resource or retract the bogus claim.

You ask why Puntland? That is good question and here is the answer. You know that reer Puntland were the first who rose against Siyaad Barre when most Somalis where singing "kacaanka barakaysan". When the military regime collapsed reer Puntland tried to restore in vain the central government from 1991 to 1998. The south plagues by anarchy and warlordism, shabaab militancy and the North foolishly  adopted SNM only clan secession instead of working for Somali unity. Faith has entrusted Puntland to be formed in order to bring local governance and seek Somali national federal government.

I believe the federal system is not an end but a means to make Somalis start from the bottom and re-establish normal governance. Once the Somalis trust each other, the federal system can be modified to be based on the well established 18 regions each headed by elected governors not presidents.

galbeedi   

PeaceAction,

Waan is fahanay.

I know some regions had suffered from dictatorship than others , also the anarchy may have forced people to organize and  build local entities,

36 minutes ago, Peace Action said:

Once the Somalis trust each other, the federal system can be modified to be based on the well established 18 regions each headed by elected governors not presidents

I thing you stated correctly. Meel baan u wada soconaa.

Galbeedi nin weynbaad tahay stop lying SNM consulted every clan in the former British Somaliland protectorate. We consulted  every clan  every subclan  we sat almost  4 month in burco.  We won the war but we licked our wounds. And never  again Somaliland will never be ruled by others. We simply can't trust our Childerens and grandchildereb future in the hands of koonurians anarchists or afweyne remnants or international jihadist or pirates. We simply  dont share the same values same culture  same tradition.  Marka  galbeedi don't  put any responsibility on our shoulders. Meeshi Somali no damqanjirtay wanu ka  bogsanay adeer ina  cigaal said that.