Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Mogadishu University Graduation Ceremony

Chimera   

MU Faculty of Nursing organized the graduation ceremony of 28 Nurses students graduated from the faculty of nursing of Mogadishu University in a bachelor degree (15 female and 13 male).

DSC00514.JPGDSC00512.JPG

This event is a historical on its own and also a victory for the Somali people, in particular nursing education in Somalia.

In 2000, MU established High Institute of Nursing with 3 years program, and after 3 batches successfully graduated (total of 60 students) from the High Institute of Nursing. MU administration decided to upgrade the High Institute of Nursing into a Faculty of Nursing with 4 years program which offers a bachelor degree in General Nursing.

DSC00463.JPG

Dr. Ali Sheikh Ahmed Abubakar, MU President (Center), Dr. Ali Hassan Mohamed, Vice President of Academic Affairs (left) & Dr. Abdullahi Farah Asseyr MD, Advisor of President & Head of Health Affair of Mogadishu University (Right)

DSC00466.JPG

DSC00467.JPGDSC00439.JPG

Participants of the Graduation Ceremony in the Conference Hal of MU

DSC00482.JPGDSC00494.JPGMU President Speaks During the Ceremony. Dr. Abdullahi F. Asseyr Speaks During the Ceremony

RedSea   

^just for the ceremony I guest.

On the report: what a great news, Masha Allah, whoever looks at that will never have civil wars in last 16 years in this place come to his/her mind. I am very impressed, a job well done,congrats to the new graduates.Masha Allah.

Tahliil   

Finally some good news!!thanks you for posting such a beautiful and inspring pictures..Some people are improving themselves with nothing or with the little they have in Hamar and else where and we those in the diaspora in the west have been bestowed upon all kinds of free education and free resources and we are not taking advantage of all that.......Ironic

Some have chosen to die and kill for the Qabiil and this lot have chosen to educate and save lives. Choice, eh?

I am proud of them, but the people who really deserve our applause are the people who found the uni and maintain it. They made this day for these students possible.They are making a difference in the midst of maze. May Allah bless them and give them more strength to carry on the good job.

Wiilo   

Exactly my question, do they wear a uniform in University? I like the color.... smile.gif

Go figure:................

raula   

Mansha-allah amist all circumstance.

But the Uniform and the ribbon...what??? c'mon have some freedom its uni for godsake. ok nuf said.

They actually do wear a uniform, but I don't know if its for important times like say writing an exam or GRADUATING...when I went they were writing their final exams and sure enough they were wearing white uniforms, this was back in 05 though....and the building the ceremony is being held in was still in bare bricks...its nice to see the finished product...the graduates and the building

Jamilah   

Mashallah, great news!

Originally posted by Ducaysan:

Do they wear a uniform in University?

:confused:

For the love of.. Its called a graduation ceremony with the suitable attire Somali style :rolleyes: What would you prefer this?

student_attire.jpg

I LOVE the baby blue and I do pride myself on my fashion sense. :D