Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

got Gob?

Muhammad   

I was having some cherries which reminded me of our blessed Gob tree.

I recall the last time I had gob, It was January 1996 and I was in DirirDhabe leaving for Nairobi. Oh how i miss it!

The nomads forbade the cutting of this tree, and I heard it is the only tree that was Xaraam for the gudin to touch.

is it possible to plant this tree in North America, like the chinese fella, are there any Faarahs/Haliimos who're interested in this potential business? :D

Muhammad   

maaya? ok looxaan kuugu qoray :D

Gob is the name of a precious tree. the nomads eat its berries which kind of look like cherries but taste little like apples. The tree grows very tall, close to 70ft maybe higher.

Maf Kees   

Here is Gob.

geed28.bmp

I personally am in love with the elegant Qudhac tree. Our people marry, reconcile and share under that tree. I consider it as the tree of love. The only other tree that is equally as graceful is the Baobab tree (I don't know what it's called in Somali -my Somali is terrible).

geed9.bmp

Maf Kees   

Muhammad @ Lol :D

What do you think about the Qudhac? Proud to see a fellow tree-hugger.

Ibtisam, just don't call us Dendrophiles [Treefcukers] than its all good. icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

well i wz thinking it in my head, but did not think it wz lady like to write it for everyone to see, little did i know u can read my mind :D:Dredface.gif

Muhammad   

Originally posted by Daanyeer:

What do you think about the Qudhac?

the Qudhac is a beautiful tree, it is actually my current wallpaper.

Galool

Kayd Maxamed Cabdula

marka aan gataatiga

go'a madaxa saaree

hurdo gaaban beegsado

gama' iima yaalloo

anoo gogosha jiifaan

gaalaa baxaayoo

gorfahaan ku noolee

xalay gelin dhexaadkii

maraan gaadhay beeshii

geed sii dhacaayoo

gunta xididku muuqdoo

ku gaboobay oomane

i gunaanad buu yidhi

waxaan ahay galooloo

gudintii ka soo hadhay

garaacdii yagleeshee

....Sii Akhri

maansadan oo soo baxday sannadkii 1996, waxay ka hadlaysaa sida uu nabaad guurku ugu dhacay dhulkii soomaliyeed ka dib markii ay daryeel ka weydey dadka soomaliyeed oo ku mashquulsan dagaal sokeeye iyo dawlad aan loo wada dhammayn sidii loo taagi lahaa. markaas waxaa maansada innoo waramaya geedka la yidhaa galool kaa soo inno sheegaaya sida maanta uu ku aaddan yahay dalkii soomaliyeed.

If u are seriously missing the homeland there are khat trees growing freely in Western Australia. That might explain the mass internal migration to the west. :D

---------

The author does not condone the use of Khat.

---------

Nailah   

Muhammad, you can plant any tree seeds in America because we have more rainfall here. Unfortunately American trees cannot survive in Somalia because of constant droughts.

Salaan...

Gurigeena laba geed oo gob aa ku dhex yaali jiray, mid "male" uu ahaa oo ma dhali jirin wax gob eh, tan kalaa saa'id u dhali jirtay. Gob saas xiiso ma ii siin jirin, laakiin, laakiin, laakiin....the mere thought of it aaba xaraarad ka qaadaa: Mircood!

XaaX. Maxaa u xiisay. Even markaa dalka ku noqday masoo cunin, oo maba arkin since it was a seasonal fruit.

Yaa mircood meel igu sheego, 15 sano ma cunin.