Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

Saudi man with 58 wives stirs polygamy debate

nafta   

Fahd al-Sayeri, who inherited his father's passion for horses, recalled a desert hunting trip some 15 years ago in the remote Empty Quarter. He and his friends had gone in search of gasoline when they heard celebratory gunshots coming from a tent. They had come across a wedding.

"Out of politeness, we asked who's wedding it was," Fahd said.

"The guests responded with my father's name.

:D:D:D hehehe...that must've been quite a shock

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Really Great Man ! ! ! !

I bet he is, but could it be he has helpers and assistants...just wondering

just wondering :confused:

juba   

dawoco

we weren't talking about somali men and they surley don't do this as extensively and as common as the saudis . So u don't find a man married to 58 women disgusting, offending, or horrible??? :confused:

Haddad   

Originally posted by dawoco:

Do you think that some of our men wouldn't do the same thing if they had the money for it?

I for one, am very likely to do it. And why not? I would rather do it the halal way than sin.

dawoco   

^^^I'm glad that you are honest about it bro, and if u can afford it and follow islamic rule, the four positions have been a privilige given to you by our creator.

It is funny how naive ppl seem. At least this guy can afford it and his wives have accepted his proposal and he's taking care of his children, which is most of what is required of him.

Juba i was aware of the group of men we were talking about, but thanks for setting me straight. Who told you that somali men didn't do it as extensively as the saudis? Or that it wasn't a common costum?

Somali men did it back in the day and still do it now, there is nothing new or shocking about that. The only diference is that they do it in a manner that isn't allowed, they can't provide for two households and are yet driven by their urges so they abuse their rights. And usually their wives are the ones that suffer through this because they are the ones left with the care of the children...

If the guy was married to 58 women at once i would b shocked, but come on, he is doing it the right way and not deceiving anyone into it. It is a given that he has misunderstood the whole point of it and is bragging about it and his "abilities" to marry when ever he wants, but he is following what islam dictates by caring for the wives and all children.

I can be politically correct in the western prescriped way, but the truth of the matter is that men have been given this privilege, and like it or hate it we muslim women must come to terms with it.

Og-girl sis i know u get it ;)

juba   

form what i understand u believe this saudi man is doing this in the islamic way. How can that be when he doesn't even remeber most of their names? When he probably doesn't pay equal attention to ALL of his wives? we don't know anything about this guy and how he treats his wives. Maybe he has favorites. Maybe he beats them. So you can't be so sure that he is conducting this polygamy in the islamic way.

we muslim women must come to terms with it

i guess you wouldn't mind being the 53 wife of your husband

Emperor   

Not many that i can say about this man's marriage ingenuity, but reality reveals that modern day women are used as pleasure tool, from street hookers to lap dancers, sexy music clip models to commercial ad girls. Due to these facts, this man has no difference in acting as any other rich man would have acted, however the culture and life between the western countries we live in is different from Saudi culture. We live in a world where is too easy to get a women to bed with but yet is too hard to get one to marry, he on the other side lives in world where he finds so simple one marry yet so hard to get one to bed without marriage. Not only the money but also the environment he lives helps him through all these, where a richman like him always recieves offers from fathers, mother and other relatives to marry their daughter. Surely this is a bonus for him, I feel any man would do this.

Ask yourself how many women has an avarage 50 years old westerm man sleeped with? i bet if he could count them even remember them!!!

If this man had commited Zinna and his kids were born Illegitimate, then we wouln't have seen all this fags from any westerners or even some liberal Muslims. But I must thankgod for if this man behaved badly he at least did it in the right sharia way.

This is not about Saudi, Somali or even muslim men, its about Rich men behaving badly, enjoying their time with their money.

Common problem done by all in one way or another but blamed on specific cultures.

It is funny how naive ppl seem. At least this guy can afford it and his wives have accepted his proposal and he's taking care of his children, which is most of what is required of him.

dawaco slow down sis

if you can afford, you don't need to play human life. this guy is doing too mutch and he needs ppl that can tell him to stop it. he is doing something alaah hates and alaah hates divorce.

i belive this guy get married to those women becouse of fame and get attention from society.

as muslim man you are allowed to be married to four wifes and to treat them with respect.

it is clear that this man spent more time in court for divorce settlement then making his marriages work.

i can see this man wants to live the typical arab man legend, wich is to take many number of wives.

i belive for me two wive is enough for me if i can afford then :D

Som@li   

, but he is following what islam dictates by caring for the wives and all children.

check this...

He knows he has had 10 sons, but ask about daughters and he counts on his fingers: 22. No, no, 28. No, that's too many. He settles on 25.

.....He said two of his daughters learned they were sisters and two sons they were brothers at school.

^^^the guy does even remember how many kids he got,let alone know them..is this caring,what happen to their rights of having a father? :rolleyes:

Salma   

Why would u consider this as a Debate, and even if its so: Is it a debate about Polygamy or about the Saudi Guy and the wrong deed he did??!!!

Can some1 specify this topic plz??!! Coz if its about the A saudi man/kingdom/arabs and bla bla bla, then no need to comment.

But if its a matter of another muslim who is spoiling the image of islam then I believe there are many muslims out there who r just like him doing the same under the name of Islam and the Polygamy right.

2005= Funny year from the begining

Dawaco dear keep up the great words iam sure some folks r not interested in ur words coz they wanna beat and use their belts and fists LOL.

salam

Sky   

How the hell do you know that Somalis would do the same thing, are you psychic or something? Why the hell even raise that nonsense when we are talking about this dude. Damn, makes you look like a small time chump, doesn't it.

I don't think this butthole gives Islam a bad name. It's Allah who will always protect the name na'm sayin. No worries.

I mean what's worse. This guy who at least married these ladies legally or some dude in Manhattan who lost count of the thousands of women he had sexual intercourse with and has never passed a conversation of "how ya doin, wanna get down tonite?". Think about it!

I fall for intelligent, charismatic, independant and beautiful women that whoop my a.ss when I say their cooking is not as good as my momma or in other words quality women, not like this guy who aims for quantity.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Classique:

But if its a matter of another muslim who is spoiling the image of islam...

For whom is the image of islam being spoiled? For the West? Well, Islam isn't a commercial product, or someone famous whose image could be spoiled. Islam isn't a human product. Islam is above the realm of its image being spoiled. All efforts to spoil its image have failed, and will fail. Islam is about appeasing Allah, not the West.

dawoco   

Alisaleeban you have a good point. I’m not condoning how he divorces them and neither will I condemn him for it. No matter what the reasons for his marriage were, we only know what we read in that article.

Juba, that means that we don’t know that he beats his wives or that he has a favourite, didn’t he tell them all they were his fave? And besides, he has three wives he never divorces and a fourth that he changes, as we are told. This would seem in bad taste, but he isn’t married to 58 women at once, now that would be the evil thing.

As for smartly and selectively quoting me, juba you would do a politician proud. Hate it or love it, you have to accept that if a man can afford to keep four wives he can have them. You can kick and scream bloody murder, but it doesn’t change his rights. At times there are those that take that right to the limit like the guy in question, but that can only be expected in the most unusual cases.

And farxan, it is true, sons are preferred to daughters but at least he has the money to provide for his family, though they may be large. We know from the article that 2 sons work for him and that many of his children have met each other in schools, which leads to an obvious conclusion that needn’t be explained. The only thing they lack is an attentive father, and they are not the only ones in this world without such a father.

Many of you have an image of a father who takes his sons to football practise and his daughters dress shopping in his free time, I guess we have the cosby show to thank for that image. But as far as we know ex wives have been well compensated for and even attend some of his weddings bearing gifts. Also, it is a given that he is a show off, I’m not excusing him. But neither will I take what the article said and fill in the blanks with help of my imagination.

As for bringing up some of our men who do it, it is the truth, there are some who would put this guy to shame. Who can’t provide for the wife and kids that they have and who still marry someone younger. That actually happens more often than an Arab playboy with 54 ex wives and 4 current ones.

Wiilo   

Labo arinba way ina tusaysaa arintan mid in dowladda Sacuudiga ah tahay dowlad corrupted ah, iyo inay dadku ay aad iyo aad u jecelyihiin money than diinta itself.

Ninkaan waa nin filthy rich ah moodana in dumarku yahay object sidii shaarlaysku bad-badalo oo kalana iskugu badalo dumarka, diin qabatana aan jirin maxaa yeelay ma jirto diin sidaa sheegaysa inuu sanad kasta guursado naag.

Run haddii loo haddo ragu Soomaliyeed sidaa ma sameeyaan mana la sheegin nin soomaali ah oo guursaday koton iyo sideed dumar. Runtii waa arin xataa caqliga uu diidayo.

Walaahi ninkan wax dhaawac ah uu diinta Islamka ah u gayn karo ma jiraan maxaa yeelay Allaah baa diinteena ilaaliyo ninkaa ceenkaa ah iyo mid asiga la mid ah wax ay diintu u gaysankaraan haba yaraatee ma jirto.

Wabillaah:.............

Why are we all surprised and disgusted with the behaviour of this arab man when many of our somali men do the same thing on a smaller scale, though they can't afford it.

Mention anything about Arabs and our very own SOL Arab League team is ready for another exciting session of compare/contrast. And of course, whenever the organization's motto of compare/contrast comes up, the back-up singer(s) hum:

Originally posted by Classique:

Dawaco dear keep up the great words

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

^^^ Dawaco, thumbs up girl.

Salam

Indeed, two thumbs up..

..for the guy who married 58 women! :D