Sign in to follow this  
Juxa

Gobanimo June 1-----July 1

sky; hmm are u here to wish ppl, happy or good indepenance day or to pick holes in ppl's wishs;

thanks for the inviation, but i know it is my pary too (read the history part of this thread) :D , i' can't figure out the part u wrote in somali?

Sky   

just saying its your party too damn! war gabadhaan iga qabta sala calaa nebi! :D

you dont understand: "see waaye yaakheey"? would you like me to explain?

Blessed   

I'm usually really sad on these days. Reminds me of how far we are from the walaaltinimo, the pride and tolerance that lead to the 26th June and 1st of July.

By all means. May Allah bless the Somalis of those days and give us the insight to follow their footsteps Insha Allah...

som.gif

A Happy 'gaalo-behind-kicking-days' For All my Nomads

Originally posted by Sky:

[ war gabadhaan iga qabta sala calaa nebi!
:D

see waaye yaakheey? [/QB]

both call for explain, but since it is a party, i don't want to spoil ppl's party so i allow u dis time regardless of what it means.

Sky   

Originally posted by mizz_S.lander:

both call for explain, but since it is a party, i don't want to spoil ppl's party so i allow u dis time regardless of what it means. [/QB]

ease up girl. slow your roll. dont be so paranoïd, youre only embarrassing yourself.

dawoco   

The saddest thing is that I can tell any one the history of Europe, the highlights and the low points, but with names like Xaawo Taako and others, i have either heard them vaguely or don't know them at all... :(

Thanks to checkmate and others who have shared bits and pieces of their knowledge of Somalia. Why don't we use this month to get to know our history, so that even those with limited knowledge about their home country, like myself *shame-faced*, can have some understanding as to why the celebrations are so significant.

It is hard to say viva Somalia when one doesn't understand the true meaning behind it :(

^^Ur more then WLC walaalshiis. here is little barraarujin.

DHULKA HOOYO

DHULKA HOOYO waa Maanso Gaaban oo aan qofka soomaaliyeed ee debeda u baxay, meel kastoo uu joogaba, ku Xasuusinayo dhulkiisa Hooyo, diintiisa, dhaqankiisa iyo baahida loo qabo cilmigiisa haddii uu wax bartay, Maansadu waxay u qaybsan tahay Su'aalo loo baahan yahay inuu akhristuhu u helo Jawaabo. Ku soo dhawaaada haddaba Maansaddii, waxayna tidhi:-

Dhallin yarada badanee

DHANKA REERGALBEEDKIYO

Yurub dhaaxa joogtaay

Dhacdadiyo ayaamuhu

Dhereg iyo badhaadhiyo

Dhiilliyo xil weeyee,

Haddii aad dhuyaasheen

Dhul shisheeye aaddeen

Dhal-dhalaalka dunidiyo

Dhalanteed ma raacdeen?

Mise dhuuxa noloshiyo

Dhabta iyo xaqiiqada

Weli waa ku dhowdiin?

Ifku waa dharaariyo

Meel lagu dhaxaayoo

Dhimashaa dambaysee

Dhankii loo badnaa iyo

Aakhiro ma dhaaddaan?

Mise waydin dhaafaan

Dhib-yaraan salaaduhu?

Dhidibada ad’addagee

Ummad waliba dhowrtee

Nina dhaafi karinee

Iskusoo dhaweeyaa

Dhigashada af-keediyo

Dhaqan keeda weeyee

Dhayal mow halayseen?

Mise waa ku dholoshaan?

Dadku way ku dhaataan

Ciiddiyo dhulkoodee

Waddankaa u dhalateen

Inkastoo ka dhoofteen

Dhaxantiyo kulaylkaa

Isu dheelli tiranoo

Ubaxiyo dhirtiisaa

Dhaayaha u roonoo

Xoolaha ku dhaqanbaa

Dhay laga helaayoo

Dhakhso beerihiisuu

Dhuub uga go’aayoo

Xeebtiisa dheerbaa

Malab laga dhuraayoo

Buuraha dhammaantood

Macdanbaa dhextaaloo

Waa dheeman iyo luul

Giddi dhoobadiisuye

Cilmi lagu dhambalo’oo

Dhaxal galla ma barataan?

Mise dhoohanbaa tiin!?

Dharka xidhashadiisiyo

Dhuunigu ku filanyoo

Dheeraadba aan rabin!!!!!!?

Idin dhaafimaysoo

Taariikhdu way dhugan

Hadba kaad dhib iyo dheef

Dhulka hooyo keentaan

Anna waan dhursugayaa

Bal dhankaad u baddataan

Waxaa curiyay maansadan Cabdillaahi Maxamed Haybe (Cabdillaahi sogob).

asxantu

Chekmate, walaalo with all due respect, the article didn’t help me in any way!, if anything It even confused me more.

Part of the reason is my inability to read and understand af somali. I could read it(of course like someone who is suffering from a horrible disease, but none the less read I can!), laakin comprehending and bringing that reading to a meaningful and understandable conclusion, is a challenge.

I believe one of the major problems Dawaco and myself included are facing, is the in -ability to read (well) and comprehend the complex poetry and historical writings of the Somalis of yesteryears. Thereby making it very impossible for many of us to know the history of our beloved motherland.

I believe (in my very own humble opinion), for the young people to learn history of the country, someone (Not you), has to Translate this long articles to English. Or at the very least, it should be written in simple Somali

[/QB]

ease up girl. slow your roll. dont be so paranoïd, youre only embarrassing yourself. [/QB]

embarrassment is the story of my life when it comes to somali and somalis, so nothing new, it is the story of my life;

anyway lets leave it at that shall we sky

I just wanted to say this is really nice to see you guys talking about something so interesting. And I'm happy to see everyone so happy about our independence day.

Just remember where u all came from...peace.

Somalia haa noolaato :(

shyhem   

We are indeed the most homogenius society in the world,one nation,one langauge,one religion,one race,one culture,just imagine of the possibilities if we put our minds and body to one goal,that of helping each other and building a stronger,greater somalia,the envy of every nation on earth.

May Allah bring peace and mercy to Somalia.

dawoco   

Checkmate, i'm with afro on this one, i get that the poem is directed at the younger generation in europe, but whats the main message that is given to the "dhalinyarada yurup joogta"? :confused:

People, please be careful with using difficult somali articles, if you do have a little summery for us afflicted ones smile.gif

SOO MAAL   

The Celebration of the Somali National Week comes between June 26 and July 1 every year.

June 26; North Somalia took independence from Britain (Gobalada Woqooyi ayaa ka xoroobay Ingriiska)

June 27; Djibouti took independence from France (Jabuuti ayaa ka xorooday Faransiiska)

July 1; South and East Somalia took independence from Italy (Gobalada Bari iyo Koonfir ayaa ka xoroobay Talyaaniga)

July 1; the Union Day (Maalintii Midowga Soomaaliyeed)

July 1; the Somali Republican Day (Maalinta Jamhuuriyada Somalia)

HAPPY BIRTH DAY SOMALIA

Qolabaa Calankeedu Duul waa ceynoo, Anagaa keenu waa cirkoo kala, Aan caadna laheyn een caashaqayee. Xiddig yahay cadi waad na ciidamisee, Carradaan kaligaa aad u curatee, Cadceedda sideeda caan noqo ee..... Aamiin

Erayadan waxaa tiriyay isla markaana ku luqeyn jiray Allaha u naxariistee Abwaan Cabdillaahi Qarshe

LONG LIVE SOMALIA

Munaasabada 26 June, 27 June iyo 1da Luulyo - Maalmaha Xornimada SOOMAALIYA

Fellow the Links, Listen and enjoy the patriotic songs

Heeso Wadani ah

Heeso Wadani ah

somalia.lg.jpg

somali%20airlains.jpg

camels1.jpg

map%20of%20horn%20of%20africa%20showing%

mezquita_mogadishu.jpg

mogadishu2.jpg