Sign in to follow this  
RendezVous

IS THIS LIBERATION OR EXPLOITATION???

LIBERATION OR SEXPLOITATION

Today in some societies, particularly in the West a woman can walk semi-naked in public, swim topless, patronize bars and clubs, smoke, drink, dance in discos and have sex with anybody she feels like.

She can even serve her boyfriend, like an unpaid prostitute, and be free to murder her unborn baby if she falls pregnant. She can also compete in the business world by using her body to promote commercial commodities.

At the end of the day she will be regarded as a truly 'liberated' woman!

In Islam, however, Liberation of women is far more serious, noble and dignified than just the burning of bras as is done in the so-called permissive societies where the fair sex is regarded as no more than a sex object.

Today the West is very quick to condemn Islamic laws, which protect purity of purpose and the intermingling of the sexes at all levels of society.

Look at the glossy cover of any magazine or advertisements on TV and newspaper, you will find that most of these advertisements have scantily dressed women in alluring poses to attract the attention of men. This proves that the Western society considers woman only as a sex symbol.

The liberation of women in Islam is far superior to Western liberation as it allows women to live with respect, dignity and equality in society.

Equality does not mean aping and behaving like men or dancing to their carnal tunes; that would be an act of inferiority in the face of one's own femininity.

A truly liberated woman always dresses decently and modestly. A true woman will never degrade her body and sell her dignity to the highest bidder. No woman is truly liberated if she is still the slave of her wayward conscience, bodily lust or infidelity.

However, in Islam, women, whatever their role as mothers, wives, sisters or daughters, command respect and have a constructive role to play in society. The Hijab itself gives an aura of freedom to the womankind, facilitating their movement and protecting them from provocation and wanton greed of the human wolves.

Removal of the Hijab makes you vulnerable to the lust of men.

By removing your Hijab, you have destroyed your faith. Islam means submission to Allah (s.w.t.) in all our actions. Those who refuse submission cannot be called Muslims.

WHAT IS HIJAB?

There are many sisters who have failed to understand the actual meaning of Hijab. Hijab technically means covering. Islam desires the preservation of social tranquility and familial peace. Hence, it asks women to cover themselves in their inter-actions with men, whom they are not related to.

WHY IS HIJAB NECESSARY?

The dangerous consequences of the Western culture of nakedness and permissiveness are before us. We should think twice before blindly trying to imitate Western life-styles.

HOW SHOULD WOMEN OBSERVE HIJAB CORRECTLY?

Basically, the dress of ladies should cover the whole body except the face and hands (i.e. palms & fingers). Hair should not be exposed because Islam considers it as half of the total beauty of women. The Hijab could be of any form and color, a one-piece chader or a three-piece ensemble, as long as it is not tight fitting and does not attract people's attention.

BASELESS OBJECTIONS AGAINST HIJAB:

It seeks to imprison women: Those who feel that Hijab imprisons women should refrain from living in houses because it is nearer to a prison than Hijab.

It subordinates women: In fact, culture, which promotes nakedness, takes people nearer to the culture of animals. Wearing the Hijab, on the contrary, liberates women from the trap of Western fashion and maladies. It gives them greater, rather than less freedom and mobility.

Why only women? Science has confirmed that visual stimulation plays a predominant role in the physiology of men compared to women. The fact that the sex-industry in the West is targeted towards the male-market confirms it.

Victims of Ridicule: Some of our sisters come up with the excuse that the non-believers laugh at them if they observe Hijab and they feel degraded. They may laugh for a little while but after some time they will have no choice but to respect the Muslim women observing Hijab for their discipline, which could not be shaken, by their little laughs.

Let us not forget the famous phrase: The one who laughs last laughs the longest".

Beauty is meant to be appreciated: True! But only by the husband. Hence women who truly love their husbands would never wish to be seen in public without Hijab.

WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES OF DISCARDING HIJAB?

Becoming an easy target of anti-social elements.

Causing great stresses, insecurity and suspicion in the minds of husbands, ultimately disturbing the familial harmony.

Instigating young people to deviate towards the path of lust and immorality.

Giving rise to cases of divorce, adultery, rape & illegitimate children.

WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF OBSERVING HIJAB?

Confidence in social participation as human being and not as sexual commodity.

Guarding one self from the lustful looks of men.

Not diverting people's attention from constructive social work.

Improving the moral character of the society.

In conclusion, women can achieve true dignity and experience true emancipation by observing Hijab and not by discarding it.

HIJAB ALSO FOR MEN

Say to the believing man that they cast down their glance. Allah (s.w.t.) is aware of the things they do. Holy Qur'an (24:30) To cast down one's glance, means not to look in a fixed way, not to stare.

The sentence means, "Tell the believers not to stare at or flirt with women."

Allah (s.w.t.) has given equal rights to both men and women; He forbids either sex claiming supremacy over the other.

Allah (s.w.t.) states in the Quran: "The most honored of you in the sight of Allah (s.w.t.) is (he who is) the most righteous of you." Holy Qur'an (49:13)

1,900 raped every day in America

WASHINGTON-

Nearly 1,900 women are raped every day in America, according to a study released on Thursday that paints a much grimmer picture than US Justice Department figures announced earlier this week.

The National Victim Center, which promotes the rights of victims of violent crime, said 1.3 adult women are raped every minute and 683,000 US women are raped each year, based on a survey of more that 4,000 women, including 579 rape victims.

One in eight adult American women has been raped, bringing the total of rape victims to at least 12.1 million, it said.

The survey indicated that 61 per cent of all rape cases involve women under 18 and that 29 percent of all rapes occurred when the victim was less than 11 years old. - Reuters (Source: MID-DAY Bombay 25-4-92)

My cents smile.gifsmile.gif

Arawella   

I do not think wearing a Hijab will necessarily prevent one from becoming a rape victim. In addition, rape include where a wife is forced by the partner to participate in sexual intercourse.

The gruesome reality is that Muslim men are not exempt from committing such deeds. The difference is Western women are more likely to speak out of their ordeal while Muslim ladies remain silent. Why? Simply because it is a taboo to admit of been raped nor is it plausible that a husband or wife can actually rape their spouse.

Exhibiting your body is in no way liberating. However freedom to choose, speak, better equality, education, which are mostly likely to be obtained in the West, makes the West that much more appealing than Muslim countries.

Exhibiting your body is in no way liberating. However freedom to choose, speak,
better equality
, education, which are mostly likely to be obtained in the West, makes the West that much more appealing than Muslim countries.

What do u mean by better equality???

Tahliil   

No culture or group of people are perfect...No one can claim an absolute superiority but when it comes to Islam and its way of life, I think there is an exception to that rule...Islam is really a complete way of life. Bear in mind though, our religion is totally different than what we call our culture and traditions; our dos and don'ts: wife-beating, FMG, unequal opportunity in education and justice, all these which the west associates and links with Islam are not Islamic the least...they are excuses to defame Islam...I truly believe some of the concepts preached in the western world are meant to confuse not to help at all.. Women are victims all over in this universe but I think they are exploited more and victimized more when they don't see and feel and understand the depth of the deceit they are in....

Originally posted by Tahliil:

Women are victims all over in this universe but I think they are exploited more and victimized more when they don't see and feel and understand the depth of the deceit they are in....

All over this universe including wherever the Klingons hail from. They look a particularly nasty bunch of men. I understand that u're referring to the women in the West but do you really think victimised women who have never been educated and never been outside their village will actually 'see and feel and understand the depth of the deceit they are in'? For deceit plays a great role in their lives. Those in the West may not reach understanding- but it there for the examining, accepting or rejecting- the others, what about the others? How can they be less exploited, less victimised? Surely, the opposite.

Flip, you're flooding the site with same-y topics! Post your articles under one and the same thread, man.

Originally posted by The Rendezvous:

Today in some societies, particularly in the West a woman can walk semi-naked in public, swim topless, patronize bars and clubs, smoke, drink, dance in discos and have sex with anybody she feels like.

She can even serve her boyfriend, like an unpaid prostitute, and be free to murder her unborn baby if she falls pregnant. She can also compete in the business world by using her body to promote commercial commodities.

Someone is obsessed with Western women. Or is it a fetish?

Naked sluts and prostitutes, alcoholic killers who can't succeed in business without using their bodies...depraved and dangerous women (prolly white and blonde to boot - ooweee). Sounds like the stuff of a pubescent boy's wet dream.

Lord help us.

Cara.   

^

Naked sluts and prostitutes, alcoholic killers who can't succeed in business without using their bodies...depraved and dangerous women

This explains why my thesis advisor looked so tired this morning. A 63 year-old woman really shouldn't lead that kind of life...

I think The Rendezvous is doing what all men in all cultures do: reducing women to sex objects. A woman is walking genitalia. Whether she's being covered up and hidden away or used to sell sports cars, a woman is first and foremost for the edification of men. The important thing is to recognize and pinpoint this constant belittlement.

Why does this Rendezvous person think that, given a choice, women will all become prostitutes and degrade themselves? Are women sexually mature infants who must be guarded against their own dangerous impulses so as to protect the fabric of society? For every sexually promiscuous slut there's a sexually repressed 17 year old covered in a tent-o-mobile and married off to the highest bidder at menarche. Do women only have these two options to choose from? When a Western woman questions the highly exploitative nature of popular culture vis a vis female images, some dismissively raise the spectre of Taliban-style society, and she's told she's got nothing to complain about. On the other hand ask why a Muslim woman should cover from head to toe and accept that her husband has the right to physically discipline her, and she's asked whether she'd rather be a fetus-murdering slut instead.

Gimme a break.

Oz   

Originally posted by Cara:

^
quote:Naked sluts and prostitutes, alcoholic killers who can't succeed in business without using their bodies...depraved and dangerous women

I think The Rendezvous is doing what all men in all cultures do: reducing women to sex objects. A woman is walking genitalia. Whether she's being covered up and hidden away or used to sell sports cars, a woman is first and foremost for the edification of men. The important thing is to recognize and pinpoint this constant belittlement.

I don't think thats what he meant do re-read the article carefully

When a Western woman questions the highly exploitative nature of popular culture vis a vis female images, some dismissively raise the spectre of Taliban-style society, and she's told she's got nothing to complain about. On the other hand ask why a Muslim woman should cover from head to toe and accept that her husband has the right to physically discipline her,

Sista.. The woman – like man (In a trully Islam world)- is addressed in the divine revelation with responsibilities for which she - like man - is equally rewarded.

and she's asked whether she'd rather be a fetus-murdering slut instead.

Gimme a break.
What do you think would happen if a lion and gazelle were placed together in one place? Is it possible for them to co-exist? Obviously not! Likewise, it is of necessity that the man be separated from the woman, in the interest of the woman. She is beautiful, attractive and weak. Hence, the strong will overcome her and devour her and violate her chastity – even if she were not willing.

The prophet (swa) When advised concerning the woman, Prophet (swa) replied - Treat the women well. He also said..The best of you are those who are the best in the treatment of their wives. He also said: No one honors the woman except an honorable man. And no one humiliates her or holds her in contempt except one who is evil, vile, wicked and depraved.

Sure there is no greater honor than this..

Cheers

The liberation of women in Islam is far superior to Western liberation as it allows women to live with respect, dignity and equality in society.

Maybe we ought to be discussing whether muslims are practicing true Islam. Because the way some muslims treat their womenfolk is hardly respectful, dignified or equal. So I dont think it's the west that you have to be convincing here...

This sort of topic is getting quite tired. Can't we just bump the old threads up and contribute to those instead?

Originally posted by sheherazade:

quote:Originally posted by Tahliil:

Women are victims all over in this universe but I think they are exploited more and victimized more when they don't see and feel and understand the depth of the deceit they are in....

All over this universe including wherever the Klingons hail from. They look a particularly nasty bunch of men. I understand that u're referring to the women in the West but do you really think victimised women who have never been educated and never been outside their village will actually 'see and feel and understand the depth of the deceit they are in'? For deceit plays a great role in their lives. Those in the West may not reach understanding- but it there for the examining, accepting or rejecting- the others, what about the others? How can they be less exploited, less victimised? Surely, the opposite.

Flip, you're flooding the site with same-y topics! Post your articles under one and the same thread, man.
Someone here is obviously trapped in the illusive sense of freedom, or probably taking advantage of it, but in reality such people are the ones whose intellegence is mounted in their eyes, believing only what they see.

To them, I send a personal condolence to their passed away morality!

:eek:

Ibtisam   

this subject is soooooooooooooooooo over talked about; eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: :mad: lllllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaveeeeeeeee it alone. :rolleyes:

FatB   

reducing women to sex objects.

well, good, now thats settled weres my dinner woman!!!!!

Tahliil   

Sheherz:

I think it may come to you as a shock but let me enlighten you a little. A research done by three different anthropologists in Australia and UK concludes that women receive a better justice and get treated with far greater respect in some very "primitive" cultures in Africa and South America than they get in the West (1999). The respect and justice women claim to receive under the west's civilized penal and justice codes and their equality and fair share concepts have long time ago be proven to be a mirage, a deceit my dear.

True, women may not have the same analytical and scholarly minds in the East but that is not an issue pertained to women only, it is basically a genderless issue…education is scarce, think of the number of Qawsaars and camel herders that are in your family. Satisfaction and equal treatment and respect that’s what is in the heart of the matter…anything else is that human nature thing which can never be satisfied no matter how much of anything you have...needing more…desiring the whole word…which is basically craving for death...since it’s the only thing that can fill a person’s insecurities…

Forget about the formalities and the cheap words daily printed on papers: Respect, Equality, Justice, Better Treatment, Human Rights Issue, Abuse (my favorite), Education, Scholars, Activists (my second favorite), Progressive, Liberal, Open-minded, Hip, With the time, Happening, Lean, Fierce, Fighters, Struggle, Feminism, Today’s Women, Vagina Monologue…coded and loaded words like that, forget them…you know…I’d simply die for the honor and respect of my Somali women…. period…forget them those mind controlling words…pure and simple game meant to confuse the narrow-minded of course…