Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

Garissa

nuune   

^^ Fiican Haatu, lafahaa dadka badankood ma yaqaanaan in laga wado iska warran or see tahay.

Yes, was there in garissa as recently as maalin dhaweyd ay qaraxyo ka dhacayeen and all that looting by the Kenyan Police.

Any business plans I will do in GSA, it will put that into hold, Xamar comes sxb, that is my place, and the place for doing business.

Have you being to Nairobi recently, you will notice how ghost it is becoming in terms of business, Somalis are moving their assets secretly, taking out their money from banks and moving si qarsoodi ah out of the country, final destination, Xamar, MMA can verify this as well, it is happening everyday, what can GSA do to attract those businesses who are moving away from Nairobi for security reasons, nothing that GSA can provide, except use GSA as a transit hub for resting few minutes, and gone to Xamar.

Reality check is needed, noted your master-plan things, how reliable is your maamul goboleed, is that all GSA could come up, very dissapointing!

Haatu   

Buulooyinka magaaladda:

Buulo Iftin

Buulo Cadaan

Buulo Sagaaraay

Gaaris Yareey

Suuqa Xoolaha

ADC

Province

That's all I can recall now. tutu add some if I've forgotten any.

Daqane   

Nuune you have a point walahi I have noticed the same thing even the numbers of somalis are decreasing I mean from just anecdotal evidence and non scientific eye view the number of somalis and bussiness activity seems to have gone down!

Even the rents of houses in somali middle income and upper class areas such as south-c and nairobi west seem to be going down!!

Add to that that 400 somalis are returning from nairobi to xamar everyday! as in permanently relocating and you kind of get the feeling that boom times nairobi is ending.

Haatu   

nuune;903030 wrote:
^^ Fiican Haatu, lafahaa dadka badankood ma yaqaanaan in laga wado iska warran or see tahay.

Yes, was there in garissa as recently as maalin dhaweyd ay qaraxyo ka dhacayeen and all that looting by the Kenyan Police.

Any business plans I will do in GSA, it will put that into hold, Xamar comes sxb, that is my place, and the place for doing business.

Have you being to Nairobi recently, you will notice how ghost it is becoming in terms of business, Somalis are moving their assets secretly, taking out their money from banks and moving si qarsoodi ah out of the country, final destination, Xamar, MMA can verify this as well, it is happening everyday, what can GSA do to attract those businesses who are moving away from Nairobi for security reasons, nothing that GSA can provide, except use GSA as a transit hub for resting few minutes, and gone to Xamar.

Reality check is needed, noted your master-plan things, how reliable is your maamul goboleed, is that all GSA could come up, very dissapointing!

It's a shame many people don't know what lafahaa means. At least give a proper jawaab though :D

As for reer Somalia going back to Xamar, that was expected. Nothing to be sad about, it's probably for the best as well.

As for investing in GSA, the locals are enough. We're not talking about starting a whole automotive industry sxb. We're talking about a few factories to cater for the livestock sector (such as bireynta xoolaha nool, leather production etc) and industrial farming. For this neer Garissa and reer NEP are enough. Add a few hotels and the town shall do OK. Relying on shisheeye whether they be fellows Somalis from Kismaayo ama Xamar is never sustainable because as you just mentioned they can go home any day. Reer GSA ayaa isku filan and I already know a lot of them here in London who have gone back to start investing.

As for the maamuul goboleed, I fail to see how that is disappointing considering how the rest of the Somalis want the same thing. I'll have you know that I'd rather be ordered about from Gsa than Nairobi.

Daqane   

Brother Haatu indeed garissa has alot of potential but the mentality of that particular segment of NEP is still very much any where but garissa oriented and to be honest and I mean really honest reer garissa are just not friendly or trustworthy in Mandera and wajir you can fence a plot of land leave it and come back 20 years later to claim it and after a short meeting with the elders or witnesses and bam you have it back [happened to several relations of mine] but in garissa even if you are from the clan family you can easily get evicted in a matter of minutes if the wrong guy starts getting a hankerin' for your acreage.

I noted you said a master plan has been set up has it taken the deep clan animosities of garissa when dividing up the land?

Laakin nuune moving the assets to xamar is not a great idea runtii people should invest in other cities xamar is ciriiri too crowded guri banaan malaha in the whole city only miyiga kaaraan can you find guryo iijaar even jiingadaha its 40 dollars to rent.

Daqane   

Oba that will change and besides all nairobians are rediscovering old relatives in xamar so that they can crash in their homes :)

And the relocation is going slowly first older members of the family, then the younger and finally the economically active individuals who are milking both sides until they are well and trully established in xamar!

People have learnt from so many false dawns and they are much more cautious this time the next 4 years will be a gradual return Insha allah.

Haatu   

Daqane;903037 wrote:
Brother Haatu indeed garissa has alot of potential but the mentality of that particular segment of NEP is still very much any where but garissa oriented and to be honest and I mean really honest reer garissa are just not friendly or trustworthy in Mandera and wajir you can fence a plot of land leave it and come back 20 years later to claim it and after a short meeting with the elders or witnesses and bam you have it back [happened to several relations of mine] but in garissa even if you are from the clan family you can easily get evicted in a matter of minutes if the wrong guy starts getting a hankerin' for your acreage.

I noted you said a master plan has been set up has it taken the deep clan animosities of garissa when dividing up the land?

The mentality of 'anywhere but garissa' is slowly changing sxb and will continue to do so IA. More and more people are realizing the fortune that is ready to be made there.

First of all, Mandheera and Wajeer are small insignificant towns compared to Gsa. Also add in the fact that these two towns have not had any major migrations like what Gsa have seen so the original inhabitants don't feel like they're being 'pushed out'. Also, consider the fact the no land has been given out by the municipality since 1981 which meant qof walba meeshuu doono ayuu iska oodanaaye. This all lead to the original inhabitants of the town to take it upon themselves to 'defend' their town from those migrating there, which is sad really. All this can be blamed on the municipality itself. If it had continued to give out land, then murankan ku saabsan dhulka muusan jiri laheyn. As for the master plan, I can only hope they have considered this problem. On a side note though, 8/10 times you won't have a problem if the land you buy is normal sized. However, the problem comes markaad oodata/gadato a huge piece of land.

wyre   

The Zack;192353 wrote:
you need a diaper in your mouth coz that is where your crap is coming out.

Hahahahaha :D :D

Daqane   

Haatu;903044 wrote:
The mentality of 'anywhere but garissa' is slowly changing sxb and will continue to do so IA. More and more people are realizing the fortune that is ready to be made there.

First of all, Mandheera and Wajeer are small insignificant towns compared to Gsa. Also add in the fact that these two towns have not had any major migrations like what Gsa have seen so the original inhabitants don't feel like they're being 'pushed out'. Also, consider the fact the no land has been given out by the municipality since
which meant qof walba meeshuu doono ayuu iska oodanaaye. This all lead to the original inhabitants of the town to take it upon themselves to 'defend' their town from those migrating there, which is sad really. All this can be blamed on the municipality itself. If it had continued to give out land, then murankan ku saabsan dhulka muusan jiri laheyn. As for the master plan, I can only hope they have considered this problem. On a side note though, 8/10 times you won't have a problem if the land you buy is normal sized. However, the problem comes markaad oodata/gadato a huge piece of land.

Thanks for the explanation

Haatu   

Apophis;903047 wrote:
Is that the guy who owns the bank??

Nah you're thinking of Nadiif the other candidate. This guy is a former PS in a ministry I forgot.

Haatu   

Apophis;903053 wrote:
According to close sources, the bank guy is definitely a shoo in. Align yourself with the right people yaa Haatu lest you be left holding the bag
:D
:D

I ain't aligned with anybody mate. I don't trust politicians much.