Sign in to follow this  
Abyan

Autism rate High in Somalis....

Malika   

^Welcome to SOL.

Then is back to basics,is it Nature or Nurture?

:D @ Cara,leave him alone,he is my fav Soler,so deep his thoughts..

Originally posted by Malika:

SS

Indeed,a diverse approach in teaching style to cater for the different learning styles of the learner is something that is seen as of great importance in Education.But it is not necessary implemented by teachers as it requires extensive planning.Most teachers find it daunting task to differentiate for various needs within a class of 30 pupil.

If you look at research done in US and UK,you will see how the Chinese and Indian pupils excel,more then their counter parts. As for the Indian and Chinese parental involvement in the education of their children is very important. Expectation to sucessed is high too, hence the parents and children viewing Education as highly important and do their utter best to obtain that sucess.

I also find that this is a problem with ADD and ADHD. It took me years before my husband agreed to get my son tested. Even though he agreed I know he did it for me and not because he believes it is a real problem. No one knows our son has this. He'd rather people think our son is bad than for them to know that he needs meds.