Che -Guevara

Nigel Roberts to be appointed the governor of the Somali Central Bank

1 hour ago, galbeedi said:

What this Khayre guy is cooking?

This has no business in central bank.

First of all, he e hasn't worked in any bank, and he is not an economist who has any experience about monetary policy or banking in general. Of course he got a degree in Agricultural economy in order get a job within NGO's and others.

Second, he was fired before by the world bank. Third he was a member of the fake Som Oil company created by former members  of British conservative party who will be crushed in the Brexit deal this coming Tuesday.

Finally, he is not A Somali citizen.

We know the treacherous Brits are putting their foot down on the neck of  " Nabad iyo Nolol" but that doesn't mean  they have to give the shop away.

There are many qualified Somalis who have extensive international banking and fiancé management experience. If you want to hire a foreigner, at least get one of those There are world renown currency experts 

This must not be allowed.

I agree. If this news is true, then it’s a very foolish appointment and unconstitutional to boot.

galbeedi   

Also, his audacity to change the constitution for one British crook is outrageous.

Ninkan Khayre Dharbaaxo fiican ayuu u baahan yahay.

I did talk to an IT expert who is working with  the bank to connect with the international Swift system and he told me that almost everyone is outraged by this move from the Somali leadership.

Also, as usual we hear the propaganda that Farmaajo doesn't know this and he and Khayre has problems regarding this issue. 

THat is fake. An issue this big usually comes directly from the president, and the governor of the bank is appointed by the president. Then again Mr. Khayre might have bigger plans to take over the whole thing from the reclusive president.

I thought this news was merely hearsay, but apparently a motion is being tabled to amend the articles concerning the central bank.

If this travesty gets debated, let alone passed then gentlemen Somalis deserve everything they got coming.

Mourad1   

Let me argue for the government's position: In order to understand the government's position, we must look at the goals that they are trying to achieve. 

As for currently, there is no monetary policy possible in Somalia, since the economy is fully dollarized. The gov't can't reverse a 30-years old process, however, by introducing a uniform national currency, the government can establish a parallel universe which ultimately will serve its interests. As far as I know, there are at least three versions of the Somali Shilling circulating in the country. None of the regional administrations or businessmen will give up their financial and political power that easily.

Now, envision having a non-Somali bank governor at the helm and how that process will unfold. 

Tallaabo   
3 hours ago, Mourad1 said:

Let me argue for the government's position: In order to understand the government's position, we must look at the goals that they are trying to achieve. 

As for currently, there is no monetary policy possible in Somalia, since the economy is fully dollarized. The gov't can't reverse a 30-years old process, however, by introducing a uniform national currency, the government can establish a parallel universe which ultimately will serve its interests. As far as I know, there are at least three versions of the Somali Shilling circulating in the country. None of the regional administrations or businessmen will give up their financial and political power that easily.

Now, envision having a non-Somali bank governor at the helm and how that process will unfold. 

Indeed. Here in London, the governor of the Bank of England which is the UK's central Bank is a Canadian citizen and this Central Bank is not like the one in Mogadishu. It is functional and a multi-trillion Dollar economy depends on it. Anyway, when both the president and the prime minister and almost all their ministers have foreign nationalities, what is the fuss about appointing a competent foreign professional to manage an insignificant government department? Indeed it would be much better if Somalis hired foreign politicians to be presidents and prime ministers and govern every region including Mogadishu. That way we will have zero problems with tribalism. 

4 hours ago, Tillamook said:

I thought this news was merely hearsay, but apparently a motion is being tabled to amend the articles concerning the central bank.

If this travesty gets debated, let alone passed then gentlemen Somalis deserve everything they got coming.

It has Been approved

Xildhibaanada oo ansixiyey sharci oggolaanaya in qof ajnabi uu madax ka noqdo Bankiga Dhexe ee dalka

Xildhibaanada baarlamanka Soomaaliya ayaa ansixiyey is-beddel lagu sameeyey xeerka bankiga dhexe ee Soomaaliya.

Is-beddelkan ayaa waxaa ogolaaday 158 ka mid ah xildhibaanada, ayada oo ay diideen kaliya 17, mana jirin cid ka aamustay.

Xeerka Bankiga Dhexe, ayaa dhigayey in shuruudda koowaad ee laga doonayo qofka xilka guddoomiyaha bankiga dhexe qabanaya uu yahay muwaadin Soomaaliyeed. Waxaa hadda albaabka ay tani u furaysaa in qof ajnabi ah xilkan loo dhiibi karo.

Wax ka bedelka xeerka Bangiga Dhexe gaar ahaan lambarkiisa 130aad ayaa ka dhigan in Bangiga Dhexe uu madax ka noqon karo shaqsi ajnabi ah, kuna imaan doona xeer loo cuskanayo xulida Guddiga Agaasinka Bangiga Dhexe, kaasoo ay in qof kasta oo ugu dhibco sareeya, karti ahaan, aqoon ahaan iyo hufnaan uu noqonayo Guddoomiyaha Bangiga Dhexe.

Xeerkaan ayaa waxaa ka dhashay buuq badan, waxaana qaar ka mid ah Xildhibaanada Golaha Shacabka ay sheegeen in dalka la doonaayo in maamulkiisa loo dhiibo Ajnabi xilli ay jooggaan Muwaadiniinta Soomaaliyeed.

Xigasho

They passed this easily in baarlamaanka. See wax u jiraan. Xitaa kuwii mucaaradka sheegan jiray qaarkood u codeeye, for I am sure dowladda had more than 17 xildhibaanno mucaarad ku ahaa. Were these xildhibaanno briefed secretly and know more than what we the public don't?

External forces ayaa ka dambeyso, probably IMF and deen cafinta. Is dowladda forced to have shisheeye guddoomiye banki dhexe in order to have debt forgiven? So what else can IMF force dowladda to do, if they are indeed behind this?

I can't imagine to see a shisheeye name like Nigel Roberts' name and saxiix on the notes of the new and planed Soomaali currency.

galbeedi   

Tallabo,

The governor of British central bank or as they call” The Bank of England “ is both Canadian and British dual citizen. Before he became the head of that bank he was the governor of central bank of Canada. If you are looking experts then hire someone who has a banking experience, not an spy who goes from NGO to the other.

No where in the entire world you have a foreigner signing the bank notes of any nation. Then again this is Somalia where the constitution  which is the most guarded national  treasure is written and managed by foreign NGO. 

This people would give everything just to make a few dollars. More than over hundred of the MPs are not present  pm this session and the government loyalists  and others been in the pockets of the government.

Ever nation regardless of its security conditions print and manage their currency. You do not need the IMF permission to print your money. 

Waa hawl mudo badan la soo karinayey. Farmaajo iyo Koocdaan hadaynasn iska Qaban dalku faraheenu ka bixi. 

1 hour ago, galbeedi said:

Tallabo,

The governor of British central bank or as they call” The Bank of England “ is both Canadian and British dual citizen. Before he became the head of that bank he was the governor of central bank of Canada. If you are looking experts then hire someone who has a banking experience, not an spy who goes from NGO to the other.

No where in the entire world you have a foreigner signing the bank notes of any nation. Then again this is Somalia where the constitution  which is the most guarded national  treasure is written and managed by foreign NGO. 

This people would give everything just to make a few dollars. More than over hundred of the MPs are not present  pm this session and the government loyalists  and others been in the pockets of the government.

Ever nation regardless of its security conditions print and manage their currency. You do not need the IMF permission to print your money. 

Waa hawl mudo badan la soo karinayey. Farmaajo iyo Koocdaan hadaynasn iska Qaban dalku faraheenu ka bixi. 

If you dont need imf then why didnt somalia print new currency notes for more then 30 years.inflation is so bad that 100 dollars is equal to 2 .5 million somali worthless shilling.if Nigel is gonna improve the situation i welcome it.i am sure if he head of Cbs was somali people will hate him for class reason waa reer hebel

• Like 1

Duufaan   

IMF likes to control the central world banks, often the name of independence of the bank. They Turkey just got rid of their man,  after running the Turkish central bank for many years, even being a Turkish citizen. Their men are always loyal to them. This is probably an attempt to convince IMF and World Bank, Somalia is open for business and can be trusted. There are many Somali borns who have an important position for other countries, even Canada. If this a process of building trust, I do not see the problem. Somalia is still mess, even worst position than when 1952, there was a UN trusteeship. Some process of gradual transition is necessary for benefit of Somalis in the long run. Same with Amison forces, it should be a gradual withdrawal, replaced slowly managed national securities apparatus. Anarchists and clan loyalties are waiting for a small mistake an opportunity to fully take over. This is the way to go, if necessary.

galbeedi   

Because he is “Cadaan “ he is going to improve things? My friend Nigel is not a banker or economist , he is one of those milking Somalia from Nairobi.

in Somaliland one dollar was 6000Shillings. I was in Kampala and one dollar was exchanged for 3600-4000 Dhillings.

There are experts who can help how to peg your currency’ to the dollar or create knew ways floating the Shilling. 

Few years back there was an American currency expert who helped Argentina control the inflation and stabilize their currency.

Furthermore, if this guy is expert you can hire him as consultant to the bank. Taking over the national bank by the NGO and their overloads is unacceptable.

Duufaan   
5 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

Because he is “Cadaan “ he is going to improve things? My friend Nigel is not a banker or economist , he is one of those milking Somalia from Nairobi.

in Somaliland one dollar was 6000Shillings. I was in Kampala and one dollar was exchanged for 3600-4000 Dhillings.

There are experts who can help how to peg your currency’ to the dollar or create knew ways floating the Shilling. 

Few years back there was an American currency expert who helped Argentina control the inflation and stabilize their currency.

Furthermore, if this guy is expert you can hire him as consultant to the bank. Taking over the national bank by the NGO and their overloads is unacceptable.

I do know this individual but the idea of building trust and continue what Mr. Bayle started is the right direction to go.

galbeedi   

Duufaan, that unswer was for Asad saying Nigel would help.

now to respond to your statement 

i would welcome IMF and other coaching Somalia. They can consult us and guide us since they are providing some financial and helping us get rid of the old debts 

My beef is a man who has zero experience in banking  has been given the most important financial institution of the country. There are secrets  that pertains how you want to conduct your future economic plans and challenges.

Somalis who are holding high positions are citizens not an NGO guy