Sign in to follow this  
Hunguri

Why girls lie to their mothers about where they have been!

Hunguri   

Evidence

Yeah, I saw her mother asking her where she is about, and the girl on the phone while dating with her boy friend was answering. "Alla hoogay maama hooyo dee Xaliimaan la joogaa". To a suprise, while the mother was on the call, she found her daughter with the bf giving her a kiss right at a table 2 steps aloof from her. Ahahahahahaaha (Beeni Raad maleh lalala Beeni Raad maleh lala ). I will leave the rest to Rd and Jb to complete!! Girls, wht do you say about this (True or untrue)!! Looking from hearing you ;)

Pujah   

^^What do you suggest that they bring the BF home?...little white lie doesn't hurt anyone as long that privilage is not abused.

Hunguri   

Puja,

I've not suggested nothing. Just posted a topic in title of "why". Secondly, Im sure, that this topic does n't pose a threat to the reputation of Somali girls. This thing happens, and it did happen smile.gif . (Just comments).

PS:-

Bringing bf to the house!. Kaasi wadkiisii ayuu soo doontay. (Im sure a Somali bro will gun him down ) loool!!!

Not only that bf stuff ,,,,,, I've seen these two ladies having dinner in a local retaurant while someone called one of them ,, she answered da phone and said "I'M IN AN INTERNET CAFE"

The Other one was called and she said she is in Heblaayo's house ,,,,,,

But i've a funny story ,,,, i'll tell u later ,, :D

while the mother was on the call, she found her daughter with the bf giving her a kiss right at a table 2 steps aloof from her

I find this story soo ridiculously untrue, and if not then perhaps intestely exaggerated.

Anyway to answer why do people (and i say ppl, b/c i see that its not only girls but also guys) lie to their parents, i think its because there is a such a generation gap between the parents and the kids, most ppl cannot openly tell they are at a club or what have you. Even people who are grown still hide things like that, and at that age is more out respect for your parents.

But about lying about being in a restaurant or such places, i think that is just ppl wit really strict parents or something.

Hunguri   

Anyway to answer why do people (and i say ppl, b/c i see that its not only girls but also guys)

Well Simple,

First of all, this is the "Women Thread". Secondly, Its all about debating and having opinions and jokes shared smile.gif . I will be ready to play a very good possitive roll, if only you post a thread for (men/boys). Yeah, I do agree with you there r lots of things among men too. But, you got to demonstrate and hit the weak point in debating smile.gif . I hope Cambaro will not come as a rescue and hit me in the head loool!.

Hunguri   

JB,

In fact, she is one of the most intellectuall person here in SOL. See, Im not saying among women only. Markaa, Im scared that she may turn the topic into its ears loool.

PS:-

She is Cawaandiyad too! (Xaydatay) you will explain looool ! not me !!!

I think it's usually girls (AND boys I might add) whose parents find it easier to ban everything than to have a serious discussion about what is acceptable, who find it hard to explain what they are up to.

Well usually don't Somali parents just look the other way, and pretend that when you introduce a potential husband, that you only met yesterday?

Ms DD   

Jacelbaro

War Cajaa'ib. Nin jamaljaan ah ayaa ugu yeeraya his big sister cawaandiyad (not sure of its meaning, but it sounds bit iffy to me).

Huguri dearest,

Well, you did a very good job of using someone else's (jaceylbaro) style of vague slur against our girls, a great show of originality :D .

To address the point in the original post (for what is worth) It is all about respecting and having hayaa in oneself. My dad expected us to bring any handholder (borrowed from Devangle)to our house instead of (using his words) 'luuqyada lala taagnaan lahaa nimanka'. My aunty did just that and maxaa ka raaceyhee..She and the man she brought once were the butt of every joke in our household. I have learnt that lesson well and never brought anyone home, except my husband. This was after he came to see my dad.

I have a friend that lets her mom know everything she does (i mean everyone she meets). Everythime my friend is heartbroken, so is her mom. I could never put my mom through that. It is better to let the family know markii aad so xeri geliso ninka.

UK_ROSE   

^^ Totally agree with you Cambarro

Because we Somali girls are expected "fetch" their husbands it kind of puts them under pressure.. But that don't give them the right to have a bf and act like westerners..

I think any mum will know if her daughter is dating someone especially if they are living under the same roof

Aaliyyah   

asalaamu alaikum,

Most somali families pressure their kids and well lets say that lota times they dont even allow their kids to date and make their own choices, they rather bring a Farah to their daughters (yarkan hebla dhashay wa yar fiican check him out :rolleyes: ) . So I am sure the girl wouldnt have lied if her mom actually let her go out w/ a man of her choice so as long as she maintained herslef and followed Allah's rulings.

All that been said it is certainly not enough to justify the daughters improper behavior of kissing the man she was dating. So lets blame both the mom and her daughter....Perhaps if moms trusted their daughters a bit more in choosing their own men, their daughters would turn out good ..But Allah Yaclam.

Wa salaamu alaikum