Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Somali Communities

Ibtisam   

How interesting that the issue has been personalized. I think it is a wide spread common experience that many people particularly from the Somali community share. Most people can't or don't want to diagnosis themselves due to stigma and "Oh I am Muslim we don't experience etc"

It is what forces some people to create 8 different accounts on SOL and multiple accounts in other sites and have discussions and debates with themselves [certain threads I have seen 4 different user names giving different opinions and arguing with each other despite it being the same person?!] Isn't THAT a little creativity mixed with depression mixed with conflicting thoughts and ideas?- shouldn't it at least be explored?

It is what forces certain folks to rigorously grip on to what they feel gives them an identity, a sense of belonging and being better than washed up bodies and war in Somalia. Much like we in the west stop reading newspapers and news for days and months to get away from the continuous depressive inflow of information, they too cling on to the difference that is Somaliland or the progress in Puntiland. They stay up defending thess difference days and nights on end.

It is what forces large segment of our people into drugs [khat, weed etc] and alcohol abuse, these are people with no limits, I am not talking about social drinkers, smokers or chewers, I'm talking about people that have lost life and its content to these habits.

Adam, I remember telling you that project was too large for one person, I also remember you use to work on it at all sorts of hours, I am not surprised that it drained you, it was enormous. I hope you have not grown to resent it, perhaps next time you can get some help with the project, a single hand cannot clap on its own and all. I think it was wonderful project that is much needed.

*Ibtisam;721795 wrote:

It is what forces some people to create 8 different accounts on SOL and multiple accounts in other sites and have discussions and debates with themselves [certain threads I have seen 4 different user names giving different opinions and arguing with each other despite it being the same person?!] Isn't THAT a little creativity mixed with depression mixed with conflicting thoughts and ideas?- shouldn't it at least be explored?

is there something you want to admit miss ibtisam aka alpha blondie?

Axmed-InaJaad;721811 wrote:
Originally Posted by *Ibtisam

is there something you want to admit miss ibtisam aka alpha blondie?

Axmed, its a good thing you quote this before IBZ edited her pathetic opinions. the simple facts are that IBZ is clinically obsessed with me. I cant seem to shake her off.

IBZ - why are obsessed with me? please leave me alone. i don't want anything to do with you.

Ibtisam   

Paranoia is a solid sign of madness and psychological problem.

What is so pathetic about my opinions and why would I edit them? they were not directed at you, it is a general observation of the state of mind some people find themselves in.

Axmed thinks Ibz and Alpha blondy are the same, he is not exactly on your side. :D

Errr when did you have anything to do with me at all??? You can just block me, SOL will then ensure you cannot see my posts, a handy tool I use for people like your friend Axmed. :P

This message is hidden because Axmed-InaJaad is on your ignore list.

View Post

Remove user from ignore list

Juxa   

Ibti abaayo energyga wax iga sii

Adam, you are most wholesome person whose posts i read, feeling down cause you connect or Sympathise with the suffering of others is humane....ha u bixin

Ibtisam   

Alpha Blondy;721870 wrote:
You still in town? i was hoping we could talk about this.

LOL, waalahi caadi ma tihiid! :D, war as you requested I am going to leave you, if I see you even accidentally I will cross the road. But I did meet some of your colleagues already. :P:D

Juxa   

Yes ibti, i am working, i like saturdays, it is quite and i can clear quite alot of backlog..

I see you are making alot of friends already. I hope you are having bit of fun and not just work, work work