Sign in to follow this  
me

Sanad Guuraddii 104 Aad Ee Ka Soo Wareeg Dagaalkii Lagu Hoobtay Ee Jidbaale

me   

Abu Diaby,

The supporters of SL see it as a regional administration and not a clan affiliation. If the supporters of SL see SL as a clan affiliation I would like to hear it from them and then the caption qolyaha SL would refer to a clan instead of region.

@they were the taxi of those days - a classic.

Adam - I would be grateful if you could find the original picture, with the original caption.

About the question of dominance. They were colonizing our country, they came halfway across the world to occupy our country This picture is a symbol and it reinforces that fact.

Let's get real here put that famous Somali pride aside and think about our current situation. Are we today relatively stronger then we where 100 years ago? or did we slip further back?

Why were we in a position that other nations could come halfway across the world to colonize us?

Can we be colonized again today? how come we haven't learned from the lesson that life thought us 100 years ago?

We can all look at a picture but what do you see is the question.

One saw tribalism, another saw a taxi. What do you see is the question.

RedSea   

If colonizing means, invading us, supressing the population while taking our resources. Then isnt' that exactly what Ethiopia is doing today? open your blinders, waad hurudaa.

ps. Does the picture I posted account as part of the history lesson you're given us mr. me?

Originally posted by Warancade:

mr. me,

I know the history of my land, no need to preach to BadaCase.
;)

That picture you have posted doesn't not a proof any point. In fact, I question its validity . There are no proofs to specify whether or not that picture was taken in Sool, Sanaag or Togdheer. It's a picture meant as PR stunt to get some jabs at 'kuwa somaliland isku sheega".
:D
And there is no other reason that I can think of as to why posted it.

africa_008.jpg

^^

mr. Me what will you say about this one. Is this a 'history lesson' or down right false PR.?
Look up to Adam Zayla' post for more enlightment.

pss. QalbiAdayg, saaxib. You spoke too soon. Oopz.

As always red sea, very childish. I said it could've been anywhere in 'SL' so there was no need for you to get defensive.

Btw, that picture is fake and you know it, you can tell from the text.

me   

Badacase,

That picture you posted is also a history lesson. Thank you for the picture.

Now answer my questions please.

Did the people of Northern Somalia see the colonial administration as the legal government of that region? was the colonial government a legitimate government according to the people of Northern Somalia?

RedSea   

lool. What part of it is fake?

Are those people not carrying a white man from the water. And do they not look somali to you?

Ibtisam   

Red sea Source your picture then you won't have to defend if it is fake or not.

This one nor the last one do not show anything to get upset, let alone ashmed about.

RedSea   

Originally posted by me:

Did the people of Northern Somalia see the colonial administration as the legal government of that region? was the colonial government a legitimate government according to the people of Northern Somalia?

I see where this is going. You're very clever but not that clever sxb.

But, since you claim to be from the North, why dont' you go first answer your silly question.

Somaliland wishes to be Somaliland, not British Somaliland. Get it right hommie.

me   

Originally posted by Warancade:

If colonizing means, invading us, supressing the population while taking our resources.
Then isnt' that exactly what Ethiopia is doing today? open your blinders, waad hurudaa.

1. I am glad that you us as one, your getting there hometown :D

2. Do you see the similarities between then and now? between 1909 and 2009?

RedSea   

mr. me,

So! What do you suggest we post 'qabiil motivated' topics as our way out of this then?

Qalbi Adayg:

The whole intention of posting that was to show that any id1otcan make up fake pics to proof his wicked political believes. I don't have to proof its source if you get my drift.

me   

Badacase,

My questions are very straight forward.

Were the people of Northern Somalia happy with the English presence?

Was the colonial government a legitimate government according to the people of Northern Somalia? or was it perceived as a foreign occupation?

I want to hear from you as a secessionist supporter how you view this history of ours and how that history has influenced today's secessionist agenda.

Chimera   

Brother me no country on the African continent in that era was being attacked by multiple empires at the same time like our ancestors were yet the entire continent was colonized before us while our ancestors repulsed the invaders and drove them to small coastal enclaves so i doubt it had anything to do with lack of strength.

Even now a foreign proxy army serving as a condom for the Western powers failed miserably and couldn't even controll a few pockets in Mogadishu let alone the entire country. To say Somalia is more eligible for future conquest than any other country in Africa is laughable

The real issue is lack of unity which is what prevents Somalis from giving that last devastating punch to their enemies, it's the absence of this significant factor that prevents us ultimate victory. A picture of a victorian couple being carried on a chair doesn't signify anything for me bro!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Qalbi-Adeyg:

quote:Originally posted by Abu_Diaby- Al Falastini:

@Me;

read the caption attached(qolyaha sl) to the pic. Tell me that isn't tribalism at its worst?

It has nothing to do with tribalism, unless SL=one qabil now? Those men could be from any qabil.

It's just those somali in somaliland were pro-colonialism and worship the english even fighting against fellow somali's during that era, even some of them still do today which is sad.
SXB, be honest, when you say reer SL who do you refer to? You can't claim every day on the politics forum that SL is a one clan dominated entity and now claim it could mean any Qabil. You and I know who and what that caption refers to. It is trying to reinforce a public clan opnion, which says that one clan worshipped the British and others fought against it. The caption tries to resurrect that as a modern day slur.

However, the history is more compliacted then our elders tell us. Members of that clan did fight the colonialists, other SOmali clans made alliances with colonialists, including a king from PL, who I think betrayed the Sayid to the Italians.