Che -Guevara

Puntland Election: Gas Is Done For

Duufaan   
30 minutes ago, Old_Observer said:

Puntland is unique. I know everyone is unique in their own ways, but Puntland has "deep state". Even contradicting presidents cannot make drastic changes to the state. Even late Yey, Ade Musse, Farole...who seemed larger than the state maintained almost the same thing when they became presidents.

Its old enough to have "deep state" that doesn't change much.

Avoid war by all means, send part timers to Mugadishu and continue fast economic development.

Part-time? why not fulltime? The same advice that Gabre use to give. Somali need to be a nation to develop its economy. No room for gulf style scenario here, just too late.

50 minutes ago, Duufaan said:

Part-time? why not fulltime? The same advice that Gabre use to give. Somali need to be a nation to develop its economy. No room for gulf style scenario here, just too late.

Its normal. Anyone with an eye in Mugadishu will not do much for state. He is half half already. You need full time dedicated for fast economic development. Economic development is more work than politics.

3 hours ago, Dalmar1 said:

Duufaan the 

The problem with the D-block is that they all assume the civil war ended, because no sane minded would ever entertain himself into thinking SSC state will be created while HAG and SNM are breathing and kicking, the balance of power are set 2 state for HAG and 2 for D-block while the Northern Territories (from the borders from Puntland upto Djibouti) is wholly bestowed to the Somaliland by right of regional recognition

As for Farmaajo well i will let his past 2 years do the talking of how useless and inapt he was, and thats how the HAG like their guests to be.

what are you smoking? what planet are you on? where is H block homogenous?  and before  you talk about irir nonsense?

I am 100% sure the only reason, SSC was not created as federal state, is because of pleasing Puntlland, Puntland create the whole federal thing, you had nothing to with it, and also was primary creator of federal states.

With Omar SHarmaake as PM, Puntlander, and Hassan CULUSOW, SSC was sidelined, and hence no Federal State.(of course SSC were also not united).

This whole idea of SSC becoming a Federal State is a pipe-dream. It will never happen. 

And Puntland claiming these regions is causing unease and unnecessary problems for itself.  These problems include humiliation on the battle fields, diverting focus on more urgent issues like fighting Terror groups,  squeeze on budgets etc. 

Somaliland will keep the screws turning so eventually Puntland will choose the obvious option which is to just fold back and leave. 

32 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

This whole idea of SSC becoming a Federal State is a pipe-dream. It will never happen. 

And Puntland claiming these regions is causing unease and unnecessary problems for itself.  These problems include humiliation on the battle fields, diverting focus on more urgent issues like fighting Terror groups,  squeeze on budgets etc. 

Somaliland will keep the screws turning so eventually Puntland will choose the obvious option which is to just fold back and leave. 

what makes it impossible and Galmudug possible?(of course remove bais thought of SL claim)

25 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

what makes it impossible and Galmudug possible?(of course remove bais thought of SL claim)

Firstly, I do not even support these regions. I think it is the biggest waste of time and effort. Everyone will come to that realisation sooner or later. 

Galmudug itself is unable to sustain itself at this moment. It shouldn't exist, so is HirShabeele. 

I think, the those regions that should exist (temporarly/pending review say in 20 years time) is Puntland, SW and Jubbaland. These regions are consequential, i.e. it is fact on the ground. SW and Jubbaland are supported and guaranteed by Kenya and Ethiopia. While Puntland is a self-sustaining region. 

HirShabeele and Galmudug should fold under Mogadishu. They cannot independently sustain themselves at this moment and they do not have Kenya or Ethiopia to guarantee their existence. 

With regards to Sool/Sanaag, there already exists power and authority. You cannot just like jolt from the sky (jug so dhacay) claim you are going to create a region from Mogadishu. When Mogadishu leaders cannot even set their foot on the ground. How absurd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suldaanka said:

I guess you would know something about pipe-dreams😎

It's better to stay clear of words like never.

24 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

Firstly, I do not even support these regions. I think it is the biggest waste of time and effort. Everyone will come to that realisation sooner or later. 

Galmudug itself is unable to sustain itself at this moment. It shouldn't exist, so is HirShabeele. 

I think, the those regions that should exist (temporarly/pending review say in 20 years time) is Puntland, SW and Jubbaland. These regions are consequential, i.e. it is fact on the ground. SW and Jubbaland are supported and guaranteed by Kenya and Ethiopia. While Puntland is a self-sustaining region. 

HirShabeele and Galmudug should fold under Mogadishu. They cannot independently sustain themselves at this moment and they do not have Kenya or Ethiopia to guarantee their existence. 

With regards to Sool/Sanaag, there already exists power and authority. You cannot just like jolt from the sky (jug so dhacay) claim you are going to create a region from Mogadishu. When Mogadishu leaders cannot even set their foot on the ground. How absurd. 

Good point. The whole federal thing is too foreign and may fall apart.

Only North and South may work. 😀

21 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

Good point. The whole federal thing is too foreign and may fall apart.

Only North and South may work. 😀

We should aim bigger, Somaliweyn pipe-dream. :D

But first, North and South need to divorce and wait until the other 3 are ready. 

Duufaan   
31 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

So you are talking about politicaly and economicly rather possibility. Infact Farmaajo/khayre already approved a future state in north east and Gaas was supportive at least some point of time but  it is the local people who are not same page yet. From laasqoray to Buuhoodle, people need to sit together and put a plan together. It is their hands.

I was the one arguing that Somaliland can not be vauable state not only politically stablity  but economic vauabulity. It is life supported by NGO and foreign donors for past 20 years with little economic development. Still the cracks are all over. Only those who control Berbera coridor are doing well the rest are either marginalized or despair situation, like Caare community.

For Somalia in general the future is bright. Local regions must be supported by federal government in short time. No foreign powers are need to maintain stability. Only locals can grantee their future.

22 minutes ago, Duufaan said:

So you are talking about politicaly and economicly rather possibility. Infact Farmaajo/khayre already approved a future state in north east and Gaas was supportive at least some point of time but  it is the local people who are not same page yet. From laasqoray to Buuhoodle, people need to sit together and put a plan together. It is their hands.

I was the one arguing that Somaliland can not be vauable state not only politically stablity  but economic vauabulity. It is life supported by NGO and foreign donors for past 20 years with little economic development. Still the cracks are all over. Only those who control Berbera coridor are doing well the rest are either marginalized or despair situation, like Caare community.

For Somalia in general the future is bright. Local regions must be supported by federal government in short time. No foreign powers are need to maintain stability. Only locals can grantee their future.

Btw,  today marks 1 year since Somaliland dislodged Gaas from Tukaraq.  Happy anniversary. 

The funniest thing is that, Gaas never accepted peace in Tukaraq. Not too sure if he ever will. Also the 3 Stooges, that dude who sworn to Allah by 3 names and promised a war. And VP Camey's "Mother of all Wars". What bluff masters. :D :D

They are history. 

New leaders of Garowe will have enough of their own issues to even worry about Tukaraq. Somaliland, like Cadde Muse and Faroole, will promise to President Deni that it is peace, lets kiss and make up. :D

Duufaan   

The only thing that the new Garoowe administration needs is to work with moqdisho government  and the rest of the businesses will take care itself at least next two years.