Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Isqor bilaa liis

Markaan camal ayee dhaaftay isqornimada. All in the name of ever elusive, never arriving marqaan-dreamed aqoonsi.

I just saw this pathetic, poorly written imploring letter on Facebook. This is beyond begging, begging ergeyga gaarka ah ee Qaramada Midoobay in Muqdisho to move his office to headquaters of Muuse Muqayil. What do they think that UN's office for Soomaaliya is tabakaayo yar meesha la rabo loo rari karo, lagana furi karo? Well, wax walba waa laga filan karaa minds that were influenced by decades of sessions of non-stop marqaamid.

Also what in their marqaan-induced mind haven't realized is that they finally admit to themselves and submit to the reality that ergeyga gaar ee Qaramada Midoobay represents all of Soomaaliya, including Waqooyiga.

The poorly written letter:

49543249_1117806781744522_33183119793654

cadnaan1   

Saakay markaa social mediaha Ku arkay I thought it was fake Letter sidee dad Sheegan jiray for the last 27 years inay yihiin Dal ka madax banaan Somalia inay maanta qirteen beentii ay masaakiinta u sheegi jireen.

The koonfurians think they  ow the United nations any thing with out the UN  all the people in the south would starve to death.  What was the saying  don't bite  the hands  that feed  you.

Mourad1   

Somaliland should not be engaging in this matter. I honestly don't see any opening for Somaliland's gov't in this matter. The topic at hand is primarily Haysom's interference with Somalia's domestic issues - specifically the protests and its consequences that took place in Baydhabo. Although many other reasons are put forward by the Somali gov't for Haysom's expulsion, the main argument is Haysom's interference in internal matters. So why would Somaliland take the risk of violating its own principles by engaging in a southern Somalia issue?  

I think that after SL had suffered so many political defeats in the year 2018, its leaders are now desperate to score political points. Because by blindly taken a position without proper cost and benefits analysis, it reveals how desperate SL administration is for a victory and desperation should not be a basis for policy. 

37 minutes ago, Mourad1 said:

I think that after SL had suffered so many political defeats in the year 2018,

Care to eloborate what the political defeats you are talking about? If you are talking about Ethiopia. Ethiopia adiga ayay wax wayn kula tahay. We have matual interest, if Ethiopia no longer sees any interest in Somaliland - they are perfectly within their rights. However, from our point view, we have both economic and security interests with Ethiopia and will pursue those interests regardless. Abiye Ahmed is just an indivitual - he will go one day but Ethiopia will remain. 

On the contrary, 2018 was a remarkable year for Somaliland. 

Mourad1   

Suldaanka iyo Oodweyne,  to make the claim that Somaliland had a good political year in 2018, is slightly delusional. I do concede that on military front Somaliland is its best position since its inception, especially after the capture of Tukaraq. However, on the political front, it is a different story.  I don't recall all of the defeats, but here are few of them: 

• Muuse Biixi's scuffle with Michael Keating 
  • DP World
  • Air traffic control 
  • Donors budgetary contributions to SL

And Let us leave Ethiopia's shift in policy out of the equation. Now, why gamble with Somaliland's future relationship with UN representative, because what the outcome of this disagreement will be, is unknown. However, let's make the assumption that Muuse Biixi's administration does indeed have a better relationship with the UN, wouldn't the status-quo serve the administration better,  as a result keeping themselves outside of this argument than blindly choosing a position that potentially could have severe negative consequences. 

The way Muuse Biixi behaves lately indicates to me that he is a desperate man in need of some wins. 

5 minutes ago, Mourad1 said:

Suldaanka iyo Oodweyne,  to make the claim that Somaliland had a good political year in 2018, is slightly delusional. I do concede that on military front Somaliland is its best position since its inception, especially after the capture of Tukaraq. However, on the political front, it is a different story.  I don't recall all of the defeats, but here are few of them: 

• Muuse Biixi's scuffle with Michael Keating 
  • DP World
  • Air traffic control 
  • Donors budgetary contributions to SL

And Let us leave Ethiopia's shift in policy out of the equation. Now, why gamble with Somaliland's future relationship with UN representative, because what the outcome of this disagreement will be, is unknown. However, let's make the assumption that Muuse Biixi's administration does indeed have a better relationship with the UN, wouldn't the status-quo serve the administration better,  as a result keeping themselves outside of this argument than blindly choosing a position that potentially could have severe negative consequences. 

The way Muuse Biixi behaves lately indicates to me that he is a desperate man in need of some wins. 

With regards to MBC's differences with Michael Keating. This was mostly in relation to Tukaraq.  As you may know, MBC came to office in December of 2017 and Somaliland moved to Tukaraq in Jan 2018, barely less than a month after being sworn in. Michael Keating proposed for Somaliland to vocate Tukaraq and go back to Gambadhe hence making Tukaraq a no-miilitary zone.  Puntland will remain where they are and will not move to Tukaraq once Somaliland vocates.

MBC disagreed and told Michael Keating that Somaliland's borders are few 5km from Garowe, hence Somaliland will only go forward not backwards. 

We all know how things stand there.

With regards to DP World, as far as I know both the Military Base and Commercial Port are on track. In fact, it is Villa AMISom that ran to every organistion from Arab League to United Nations and came back empty handed. So whose defeat is it? I will be happily posting information of DP World/Military Base as they come. Stay tuned. 

With regards to Air Traffic Control,  It was President Silaanyo and President HSM that signed an agreement regarding this issue. The agreement was to share the control of the Somali Airspace and move the control centre to Hargeisa. Somaliland, like any other functioning Govn't, is still sticking to what their President have signed. However, it is Villa AMISom that do not respect their previous office holder's signatures. Which will bite them back when the current office holders leave. The ones that will come after them will null and void their agreements and so it goes. In the end, Somaliland will win this. And is actually one of the points it has on the table when Somaliland and Somalia open new round of talks. 

Whoever that is mediating the two will need to come up with assurances that will satisfy Somaliland that Mogadishu will not back-pedal on biliteral agreements.

The SDF issue was a failure for VIlla AMISom. All the donor countries sided with Somaliland. 

The IC have asked Somaliland to talk with Somalia and reach an agreement. Somaliland have fullfilled its side of the bargain. And all these issues that Villa AMISom is creating without hope of winning, will only reinforce the IC to eventually wake up to the reality and start siding with Somaliland on this issue. 

And remember, Somaliland only needs a Golden-Goal so to speak in Football terms, and the Hargeisa+Mogadishu issue will be all over. 

• Thanks 2

gooni   

Snm hadalkooda iyo qoraalkoodu wax macnaa lagama soo qaado.

Qofku markuu naf baxayo wuxuu jecel yahay inuu ku dhawaaqo wixii maskaxdiisa ugu dambaysay sida aqoonsi iyo ninka la cayriyay asalkiisu ma ingiriis baa?

Ducooyinka ugu fiican muslinka waxaa ugu fiican ilaahow khaatumafa noo suubi aamiin yaa allah.

• Thanks 1

Mourad1   
11 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

Whoever that is mediating the two will need to come up with assurances that will satisfy Somaliland that Mogadishu will not back-pedal on biliteral agreements.

The SDF issue was a failure for VIlla AMISom. All the donor countries sided with Somaliland. 

The IC have asked Somaliland to talk with Somalia and reach an agreement. Somaliland have fullfilled its side of the bargain. And all these issues that Villa AMISom is creating without hope of winning, will only reinforce the IC to eventually wake up to the reality and start siding with Somaliland on this issue. 

And remember, Somaliland only needs a Golden-Goal so to speak in Football terms, and the Hargeisa+Mogadishu issue will be all over. 

Suldaanka  iyo Oodweyne, both of you are speaking of defeat or win in sense of absolute. I, however, view it from an angle of relativeness. Looking at the SDF, before the Somali government raised the issue with the international community, Somaliland's fund was assigned to the administration without any form of discussion with the Somali government. In the current form, Villa Somalia has some sort of input in assignment and allocation of resources in the fund. Was the main objective of dictating terms to SL's administration achieved. No, however, it is still a small step in the right direction. 

DP world is the total opposite. It is a clear win for SL, but due to the changes in the region, the victory is in a sense meaningless. It is also shocking to see how comfortable Hargeysa's elites are with Ismaciil Cumar Geelle when it was him how personally bankrolled the motion against DP world. Now, it is "Seeddi",  ever since Assab is the preferred destination of DP world's plans. 

Overall we might disagree on minor details, I do feel like we are converging to a consensus. Now, if we go along the line of reasoning that Muuse Biixi's administration has had all of this success this past year, then, why is there a need to get involved in this matter with Nicholas Haysom and Somali government? 

Mourad1   
6 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

Mourad1.

Take that one single line of argument as an "assignment". Turn it around till you a dizzy with it. Toss it side to side. Shake it up and down. Scratch it with your sharpish nails. Bite it, if you must do it. And when you have done all of that, see if you will make a sense of it. And you know by then how Mogadishu's silly and delusional talk of being a "legitimate government" over Somaliland is one single and simple "Golden-Goal" away for being made a "null-and-void". See if you could really understand that. And what actually Suldaanka is basically alluding to in here, mate.  

Oodweyne, 

As the English FA always opposed the Golden-Goal rule, so does the international community (including the English) oppose diverging from the status quo, so ask yourself this question: hypothetically speaking, even if the IC would consider Somalia's legal claims over Somaliland as null-and-void, would that constitute as international recognition? Ciyaar jooji!