Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Liquid_Ice

Can we be “Just Friends”?

Xoogsade   

This topic has come back again and again, and the answer was wisely given by some, it is difficult to maintain friendship between opposite sexes for the simple reason that human beings are naturally inclined to form a bond between them if they like each other. If you are good in most ways, a wife material or husband, nothing prevents your a friend from falling for you. And if there is rejection or an excuse(even good one), the connection ends slowly but surely. It is better to stay away from the opposite sex and keep to normal dealings, helping and not going beyond common courtesy with limited interaction. Otherwise, you must give in and be nice when the calling comes, what the heck right? or just never show the person how much you admire them. IT IS A DISASTER ALWAYS.

Hasna.

You will have no choice but to marry your friend if he converts. You are actually his guide into the new life and he will smartly tell you to help him stay decent and you must save him from evil. You know how it works, so good luck. Be ready for the obvious.

Totti,

I like the pic.

Bess.   

MSword Fellow Sat.. SO when u gonna invite us to the aroos huh. Or are you already married [Wink] We are waiting for Chillis [big Grin]

...May Allah bless you both endless love through out all eternity and the after life. Amin

....aroos....mine....what have y'all heard....cause nobody asked me nothing.... msword...or as i read elsewhere ms excel... ;) .... nayaa u getting married...without telling me....u know...i know where u live and i will find u and ur camry....unless u dish...

here is a little du'ah for all of us gals out there...may allah bless us all with happiness and may all our dreams come true...and hopefully may we end up with good looking, tall, (dark) somali men, who love us and thier mama's ( u know what they say about men who love thier mama's)....who r also educated and have imaan...will think of more qualifications...or u add to them.... ;)

Gabbal   

and hopefully may we end up with good looking, tall, (dark) somali men, who love us and thier mama's ( u know what they say about men who love thier mama's)....who r also educated and have imaan.

I think you just described one of our mutual "acquaintances" Besbaaso....except without the "iimaan" part :D:D

Almas   

I think men and wome can be "just friends", but i do agree its a different kind of relationship at some level.

Atleast I dont usually have the exact same conversation with guy friends as I do female friends...not comfortably atleast :rolleyes:

male female relationship, it depends on how we define pure friendship. see what category you fall under:

A:

1.friendship isn't liking or disliking someone

but rather something that just happens.

2.to you is who you click with or could relate to but at the same time, they don't have to agree with you or be like you.

3.to you it doesn't differentiate between the two sexes, young or old, rich or poor, ugly or cuite, black or white and etc..

4. to you it is pure intention

B:

1. it's about who you like.

2. how they look or appear or repesent themselves to the outside society.

3. strictly females friends, or strictly males friends

4. having expectation on how they should be

5. it is what you benifit from them.

if you fall under category A, then lucky you, you are a person who could be friend with anyone no matter what they are. you have no strict expectation .Thus, if you fall under category B, then most likely you are a person who really can't develop a pure intention of relationship with the opposite sex, because this what you yourself when it comes to opposite sex friendship, do they fit in your expecation of friendship?

example,if you are a guy, and you expectation for a female friend is a lady who carry herself well, could communicate with, and almost close to what you look for in a wifey. then honey, it is gonna be tough to develop a pure friendship. most likely, you gonna fall for her. and if not, you gonna elminate her

nuune   

^^^^

you gonna fall for her. and if not, you gonna elminate her

two people who are friends, one guy and one lady, they are friends for a long time, normal friends with walaaltinimo and all that feeling u would feel as your brother or sister, then one of them felt in love with the other and new realtionship is developed, it continues like this for short period, and then, as usual, they couldn't keep the relationship, one reason for it was that they felt more brotherly and sisterly(walaaltinimo), and they couldnt believe what they are doing, where is the walaaltinimo and friendship.

so every time they remember how good friends they were and how things turned out now, it is tragic when u look back and when u c the situation now,

then TWO options comes in hand at this moment, can WE end this kind of relationship and go back to how we used to be with all that walaaltinimo and friednship, you are like my brother and u r like my sister,

by this time, one of them would really get hurt if things go back to its original like the normal friendship, so there is dilema, example, the lady wants this kind of relationship to end, the guy wants the realtionship to continue by saying there is no way we can go back to how we used to be, so he understands now that the relationship can't continue and there is no turning back to the normal friendship with walaaltinimo,

THEY stuck, can't move back or forth, and it will be like this until one of them gets married or leaves the country, even if that happenes, the memory will stay for ever.

Pacifist   

^^^^^^^^^^Nuune walaal am soooo sorry that happened to you.. So what did you do watermelon did you leave the country or what..... Here is a tissue...... Its oky ;)

Nephissa   

I don't see the problem here. Isn't your friend (male or female)the one that makes you laugh, share happiness, sadness and secrets with?

Personally, my best friend would know me very well. He would know when I feel the need to be left alone and when I need his warmth and company. Similarly I would know his habits and ways of life.

The best part is that we both would know each other as a person very well, so we won't have to face nasty surprises.

Friendship often ends in Love, But Love in friendship Naaaah.

Emperor   

Suppose so, Any girls wanna be just friends with me?

No worries just friends and nothing more nor lesst, If you feel like it then Prv me!

caio

Pujah   

LaJecel yaah maxaa tiri ina adeer...friends with benefit kulaha do we somalis and muslim have that...or maybe the term doesn't mean what i think it means

ookaalay caruurtii waa waasheen maxeey dhaheen

Friends with benfits or just friends. :confused: Xaraaaaaaaaaam.

There is "No" way you could have a Just friend with femal.......

We are all human and we make mistakes But is always better not to repeat with your mistakes. Fikrada ahaanteeda the only one that you can be friend with is the one that you are willing to marry.