Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Liquid_Ice

Can we be “Just Friends”?

mahadi   

Hell no!!!!

Well maybe under the right circumstances. My experience has been either you develop feelings, or the other person does, and then it is all ****ed up. Because even though you didn't reject them flat out, it feels like rejection and they get hurt, you feel bad, etc. Some people take it out on your *** . Becomes messy, cause even though you try to still be friends there is always the ever present anger that follows rejection.

I think you can be friends, but up to a certain point.

Mujahida   

lol to some people!

I think that it can be done.

I'm speaking from my own experiences.

Besides one who befriends with you because

they think that they feel attracted

to you will not last " that's not a friend". they either gonna get what they wanted

or they'll stop being ur friend, Now that

is not what I'd call a friend. Whereas a REAL friend will last forever.

Salamat

Pacifist   

I used to really argue with people when they said that males and females can't be really friends.

Until all my male friends started to confess started saying lets take it to the next level or Am in love with you.....Gosh what ackward moments...of course I would give them the speeches of I see you like a brother,,,,or I would just walk away and say nothing at all or I would tell them I don't really see you that way but I would love to keep you as friends if that it oky with them.....

but I also think after the ackward moments have passed and if they are really serious about the friendship then You can really be friends.

For me though I only have two one somali and is married. The other is non-somali and we have been friends ever since my freshman year of highschool. The great thing about him is inshallah He is taking his Shahadah on his birthday next month....He learned how to speak somali...we took classes together in arabic He is even better than me...He can read the quran with no problems... He has become part of my family.

We are also looking for a good muslimah for him to marry... :D

J.Lee   

^^^ You need help lol.

Hasna, my fellow Siyaatalite, Mansha'allah but I was just wondering if you converted him? As for the falling in love bit, Acuudi bilaahi, I had couple of guys who weren't friends profess their love to me, it was humbling but I also thought it was quite creepy and R-Kelly like since I was only 15-17 so I'd laugh it off telling them Love doesn't/couldn't possibly exist so what they felt for me was non-existant or they were just h!rny (I broke alot of hearts back in my days, huh Besbeeso ?)....then boy talk about good Karma, I fell in love and mansha'allah it was a Love returned thanks to the grace of Allah.

Anyway, All my friends, the limited few I possess :cool: , are all men, so uh, yeah women and men can just be friends and They never felt attracted to me nor I to them for some strange reason.

shyhem   

A man and a woman can never be "just" friends.That's like expecting me to visit the Poetry section of S.O.L,it will never happen period.Le's just say Having a female friend is like having 19 dollar in u'r account.

U know u have the money and u know its yours,but u can't withdraw the 19 dollars, simply because the stup!d ATM won't give out any bills less than $20.the same thing with afemale friend,she is sitting in u'r car and u can't even look at her directly in the eye.

Personally i don't have female "just" friends and do not want to have them.A woman is either my relative or i'm seducing her,nothing in btw.There is no beating around the bush.

Pacifist   

Originally posted by Farxan:

^^^^You are being innocent,He has been thru all these troubles ONly for one reason, U
:D

Farhan ;) U think huh... He values our friendship more than anything. Anyways he doesn't see me like that. By the way my heart only belongs to a somali.. But who know Allahu yaclam

MSword Fellow Sat.. SO when u gonna invite us to the aroos huh. Or are you already married ;) We are waiting for Chillis :D

...May Allah bless you both endless love through out all eternity and the after life. Amin

Shyhem nice metaphor $$$$$ ;)

Gediid   

Originally posted by Shyhem:

A man and a woman can never be "just" friends.That's like expecting me to visit the Poetry section of S.O.L,it will never happen period.Le's just say Having a female friend is like having 19 dollar in u'r account.

U know u have the money and u know its yours,but u can't withdraw the 19 dollars, simply because the stup!d ATM won't give out any bills less than $20.the same thing with afemale friend,she is sitting in u'r car and u can't even look at her directly in the eye.

Personally i don't have female "just" friends and do not want to have them.A woman is either my relative or i'm seducing her,nothing in btw.There is no beating around the bush.

You could walk upto the cashier at the bank and fill out a slip.....But seriously tats deep.A male friend to me is like the lion hiding in the bush to jump on a poor deer whos strayed far from her mother.... ;)

Faheema.   

Originally posted by
Pacifist:

Gosh what ackward moments...of course I would give them the speeches of I see you like a brother,,,,or I would just walk away and say nothing at all or I would tell them I don't really see you that way but I would love to keep you as friends if that it oky with them....

oh god, which is more insulting horta, not saying anything or saying you see him as just a "friend" I never know which direction to take :(

Though I agree, initially one party wants to gain something from the plutonic friendship, right up to the “confession†point. However, as Pacifist said once you’ve passed that awkward moment you can be really good friends, and if you truly value the friendship then you need to be patient. smile.gif

Som@li   

I have many female friends,and i don't see any problmem having a female friends,,But i know there are cases where girls interpret our normal conversation into serious talk,and misinterpret the message,so ladies should learn abt "guys talk",when we mean business and when it is nothing but Kaftan. ;)

Once one of my female friends incorrectly interpereted my message and tried to hit on me, :eek: AND now i have to watch how i talk. :D:D

nuune   

I can only say, disaster comes when the friendship turns to something else, wounds never get healed.

posted by shyhen

I couldn't have said it better brother..Very well put.

Posted by gediid

You could walk upto the cashier at the bank and fill out a slip.....But seriously tats deep.A male friend to me is like the lion hiding in the bush to jump on a poor deer whos strayed far from her mother....

Well said..very well said brother.

Ladies and Gentlemen

There can be NO friendship between the opposite SEX..i repeat..Men and Women can NEVER EVER be "just" friends...And if there is such case, just know that,the feelings aren't mutual. And there will be a time, a moment,a weired mechanism, gravitational pull that's greater than both of them. And the rest will be TAARIIKH. :D

asxantu