Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Liquid_Ice

Can we be “Just Friends”?

Hi all,

I used to think that boys and girls can be friends, but sadly I dont believe that anymore.

I was told to examine every friendship that I have had with a man, and in my case the result was that (at one time or another, they had crush on me or I had crush on them, but since we were friends nobody said anything about it at the time).

As someone pointed out to me, men and women are not meant to be friends and the reason is......CHEMISTRY (after all opposites do attract ;) )

Deny all you want but the unavoidable truth is that, someone has the hots for their male/female friend, and inorder to keep that friendship and the person even closer no one says anything redface.gif

Case in point: if you watch the show FRIENDS, you'll know what I mean (and that is fiction, image how real people are?)

well prettyboy i did hear of that term"one nightstand" but it is sad that u would destroy a good friendship with someone just to get a quickie really. as to that younger of man desiring a woman that old is just simply sick and not too realistic, but i still think of him being her friend at that time why risk a good friendship.

Lefty   

Mr Liquid Ice..

You can convert as many as you desire but remember it all depends your attraction of the opposite sex..

Besides, Do you know to be defined as "just friend" is not what every men wish.. I could be wrong but personally that doesn't sound good to me..I hope you sense where I'm coming from. :cool: :cool:

Hi TRC; Speaking of shows remember of Seinfield in which the character Elane becomes friends with 3 guys? She has had a longer lasting relationship as a friend with two-timing Jerry who she dated. But that is just teefee. I am wondering how a lady would feel if her man has a female friend(s)?

Lefty, I know what you mean. When she says to you "let us just be friends" after you poured your heart out? I believe that is sugar coated rejection. On the other hand, a friend is someone you share a common interest, some one you trust, an ally. I believe there are some ladies who are capable of maintaining such friendship regardless of looks/chemistary. But those are the manority.

Cheers!

Hi again MLI,

Of course you're right, but like you said she did go out with Jerry S., and when it didnt workout they stayed friends, then there was the episode they tried to be friends who sleep together occasionally, which didnt work either :rolleyes: so by the end of that episode they decided to be friends again.

Which proves my theory ;)

P.S. I love Sienfield, it is the funniest show ever :D:D

Shiish   

Maandeeq

Thanks for the welcome...I appreciated. ;)

Left's quote

'You can convert as many as you desire but remember it all depends your attraction of the opposite sex..'

-----------------------------

Do you mean only Gay men can have many female friends??

--------------------

I jiid ama aan ku jiido

A7LA-SHU   

WELL I USE TO THINK THERE IS SUCH A THING BUT NOT ANY MORE FOR REALS.. THE ONLY REASON TO BE FRIENDS WITH HER/HIM IS TO KINDA GET TO KNOW THEM U KNOW IT IS EASY HOLLA AT SOMEONE THAT KNOWS WHAT U ALL ABOUT... SO BASICALLY IS A WAY TO GET THEM ALL USE TO U AND THEN WOLLAAA.. I EVEN HAD THS GUY WHO WAS KOOL AND SHIT WE WOULD TALK AND ALL BUT ONE DAY HE WAS LIKE I REALY LIKE U SO WHY DONT WE TAKE OUR FRIENDSHIP TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND I WAS LIKE FRIENDSHIP HAS ANOTHER LEVEL NOWADAYS WELL ANYWAYS I TOLD HIM I WASN'T INTERESTED NEXT THING I KNOW THE SAME KOOL GUY IS ALL ACTING *****Y AND LIKE WELL IF THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN LETS LEAVE EACH OTHER ALONE SO FROM THAT DAY ON IM LIKE NO FRIENDSHIP WITH A GUY....

Blessed   

Scorpion,

I hear ya sis. It gets harder as U get older because for some strange reason some of the lads expect you to be more feminin but not to act all girly. I find that confusing.

nice topic,,

well like the rest before me said, it depends on the setuation. if there is some attraction from either side, then that person will be willing to take to the next level and guess what if you say lets keep it friends,,thats the end of the story

on the other hand, if both sexes keep it real then yes they can be friends. which i might also add if either of them gets married, then expect changes

thats my two cents

no,,no,,no i am not speaking from experience,,lol

x_quizit   

I agree with some of you here, about the thin line between true friendship and the other side to it which is keeping up a facade until you think that person will reciprocate your feelings.

Personally, im in the middle with this topic, yes female/male friendhips can work, as many of u have said b4, only if there's no attraction on each other by either party. Otherwise, sooner or later, one will like the other, and the other will resent the blissful bond broken because one would like to further the friendship.

My only true guys friends(somali) are those that have girlfriends, and i like it that way because im secure that they are not after me, since they have someone to fill that void missing in a friendship. Therefore our friendship is all the better because it is not complicated by one or the other waiting to make his/her move....jealousy...etc....

I have more platonic guy friends of dif races other than mine because they seem to get the line should never be crossed...

I do have one or 2 friends that are single, yet one of the two has already tried to surpass the line of friendship, and that resulted in his detention...(as in no more talking to him), the other, i feel like he's waiting for the right moment....somali men, some it seems, don't know the meaning fo friendship, if a girl is attractive, they think why not progress the relationship, since u got all u wanted in a friend...but they need to realize....there's a reason why ppl call some in their lives friends....so they can stay that way, for support, etc...not to complicate the matter...

peace

Hibaad   

em...i personally believe that it takes alot for a man and women to become true friends i mean they can do the fake friendship thing but at the end of the day u kno there is something else behand it.Ur relatives its different u can be friends with them but if u not related it never works its only short while.

Aminaaah lol sis u kno ur male friends and i kno how they bug.

HONEY-D   

A MAN AND A WOMAN CAN NEVER BE JUST FRIENDS, ONE OF THEM WILL BREAK THE ICE EVENTUALLY AND IT'S MOST LIKELY 2B DA MALE. I WONDER Y, COULD IT BE TO DO WITH THEIR CHROMOSOMES,HORMONS OR GENES :rolleyes: (JUST KIDDING I DONT WANT 2B A VICTIM OF ALL THE MALE NOMADS AROUND SO I TAKE IT ALL BACK AM I SAVE NOW). :(

Salaam ALL

Mr Liquid Ice...

I have a lot of male friends, & I find that at one point or another they cross the barriers of friendship & either ask U out or I end up havin a crush on them. Thats a dangerous situation to be in. 1 Stupid move & U could end up losing a friend. I have this male friend whom I keep close contact with......& half the time we end up flirting on the phone & there obviously is some tension between us.......Strange Sexual Vibes

Conclusion :- Men & Women can never be friends because they end up falling for each other smile.gif