Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Some Pictures I Captured While in Xamar Recently

Salaan...

Note: I edited, if you are able to see them now, good, if not then...}

Some of you guys, nomads, had asked me if I have any pictures from Xamar. I do. However, since it is easier to show you all in here rather than individually, well here you have them now.

They are not many, but heey, I did my part and tried to be a bit geesi, hokey. And if you are looking the pictures of Curuba, Jubba, Badda Liido, Jasiira, etc well then I love my life and I wasn't going to risk to go places like them at all. :D

Anyway, here they are:

Xamar7.jpg

Just after I arrived in Xamar {the airport was located outside of it, a town called Cisaleey} and just outside that make-shift airport, I saw those great geeliyaal. Besides of reminding me of my childhood memories of geeloow gumbalalax song, I immediately also remembered you SOL-nomadic guys. I then said myself, "Heck how dare can I miss not to take this opportunity by shooting some shots." I told the driver of the car and his armed-staff to stop. I then took several pictures of those geel. I would have loved to take more, but the driver with his armed-staff were getting a bit annoyed, thinking to themselves, "Xoolahaan xayawaanka masawiranaayo muxuu ahaa?". :DNote the PERFECT CLOUDLESS BEAUTIFUL Soomaali blue sky. Also our ocean is just couple yards away and ooh, how I wished to go there.

Xamar9.jpg

Well, there you go and have another look of geel. Since I irritated some armed-gangs to take those shots marka idinka maa idiin daahaa. :D

Xamar14.jpg

And a final one. :D

Xamar6.jpg

This is Carwada Iidkoow. It was the largest mall in Xamar back when nabad was nabad. It had everything. Today this is how it looks like.

On the next page....

Continued...

Xamar1.jpg

This is Jidka Sodonka. A building next to Carwada Iidkoow. Note how Jidka Sodonka looks like. Baabuurta meeshee rabaan ay marayaan. Ninba naftaa, nabiyoow ummadaa aaka socotaa jidadka Xamar.

Xamar4.jpg

Isbartiibada. Its main gate. It is now occupied by some refugees.

Xamar5.jpg

Isbartiibada from another angle. On that day, it was raining, beautiful. I mean kuleelkii aa first time ka neefsaday ay ahayd.

Xamar.jpg

And this was my xaafad, where I literally grew up. It is just in front of our house. This is also called Bermuuda now, the most dangerous section in Xamar. It is a ghost town; it is completely obliterated, badly destroyed; hardly a house stands. The only house that still stands is ours, and it is because of my father who never left from it. That jid goes to Dabka, it comes from Isgoyska Bakaaraha.

Xamar2.jpg

This house is exactly across from our house. It used to be, O Lord, a luxury house. How I wish if the owner had been able to see it, I am sure she would have fainted. This is Bermuuda also.

Xamar12.jpg

The opposite site. This way now goes to Isgoyska Bakaaraha from Dabka. Note how scary the houses look. You would have never thought any soul ever lived there.

Xaafad13.jpg

As a boy maqaayadii aa sanbuuska ka cuni jiray, located just next to our house. What a qashin iyo sida loo fiiq fiiqday. Also the next house to Maqaayada was owned by Reer Uunlaaye, the very second richest family in Soomaaliya at that time.

Xamar17.jpg

Our xaafad at the back. Where I used to play some banooni maalin walba.

Some more...

Some further more...

Xamar10.jpg

This is Shaneemo Kaasa Balbalaare, fittingly popularly also known as Shaneemo Shuun. It is across from Isteeshinka Hodan.

Xamar8.jpg

Tarbuunka. The only building Siyaad Barre built that had not succumbed to the civil war.

Xamar19.jpg

This is Taleex. It is where my Abti's house is located and the safest and best xaafad in Xamar now. It was also where I was staying. If you look carefully above the left house, you will see the MINARET of Masaajidka C/rashiid. Don't you also love the bacaad on the field??? Reminds me the true caro maanyo. :cool: icon_razz.gif

Xamar18.jpg

This is Haantii Carwada. Note with its famous long encompassing wall that is well known of Carwada. It is, yeah, Carwadii sanadkii mar la furi jiray oona ku taalay Taleex. That carwo is carved now. One part is masaajid. One other part being a garaash baabuur {pictured below}, and other parts are occupied by refugees.

Xamar11.jpg

The garaash that is part of Carwada now.

Xamar15.jpg

Where I used to play Kadhimeey Kadhim at my xaafad. How scary and cidlo it is now.

I hope you enjoyed. Dalkeena Ilaahey ha inoogu dhigo nabad: Aamiin. Iyo wadankii bar baaro: Aamiin.

Heey, guys, soooooori, I think there might be some problems. I sent a PM to the Admin., so be patient...

raali ahaada.

you can also copy-and-paste if you can't see any image. try that, it might work for you as some have done

OG Moti   

maskiin sxb check ur links ... peace beside bro if we will be able to see them is it copyrighted or OG_moti Film company can use those for the upcoming new posters for somali movies.. peace

i left xamar at very young age and don't remeber that much, but these pictures definately breaked my heart...but hey most places in somalia these days look like this!!!!THESE ARE THE WORST HIT AREAS OF MOGADISHU DURING THE CIVIL WAR. BUT ITS FUNNY YOU SAID YOU DID NOT GO OTHER PARTS OF MOGADISHU BECAUSE OF YOUR SAFETY AND YOU WENT THE MOST UNSAFE AND DESTROYED AREA OF MOGADISHU. WELL WE GOT YOUR POINT MY NOMAD FRIEND AND I ALREADY MADE MY CONCLUSION TO YOUR PICS'!!! PEOPLE CAN CLICK THIS LINKS OF YOUR PICTURES AND MAKE THEIR OWN CONCLUSIONS:

my dear sister o-g i did not say there is something wrong with the pic's. you got me wrong. if you showing pics of mogadishu, show the possitive as well as the negative sites of mogadishu. simply show the big picture!!!. hey o-g how is kuwait treating you.. i'm planing to move to kuwait after i find my honey. is it good place to raise a family??just question.

Changed   

i cant see nada

me no see nothing :eek:

me no happy :(

me kinda mad :mad:

me look look look me no see nowthing :eek:

me confosed :confused:

icon_razz.gif

BN   

MMA,

Thanks for the pictures. Good to know you made it back ALIVE :D May Allah bring peace to xamar. amiin.

To nomads/aliens who don't see the pictures:

1. Right click over the picture that isn't showing up and select properties.

2. Copy the URL Address in the pop up screen.

3. Past that onto the URL address of your internet explorer.

VOILA!

It worked for me anyway :D

Loyan   

MMA, nice to see you again man! Sxb sawirradaadii lamaba arko smile.gif Shineemo Shuun inaan arko waaban rabay say ku dambaysay. Shuut aan ku moodi jiray mo'agtahay smile.gif

Baashi   

MMA, Thanks widaay. Yaa allah, look at that! did you say it is the dabka/bakaaraha street? If I'm not mistaken, it seems that you used to live at Hajji Muqtaar's neighborhood.

BTW if u do as Bari_nomad said u will be able to see the pics. Interesting but saddening pics...especially if you had known the area.

Salaan...

Originally posted by nomadrebell:

...ITS FUNNY YOU SAID YOU DID NOT GO OTHER PARTS OF MOGADISHU BECAUSE OF YOUR SAFETY AND YOU WENT THE MOST UNSAFE AND DESTROYED AREA OF MOGADISHU. WELL WE GOT YOUR POINT MY NOMAD FRIEND AND I ALREADY MADE MY CONCLUSION TO YOUR PICS'!!! PEOPLE CAN CLICK THIS LINKS OF YOUR PICTURES AND MAKE THEIR OWN CONCLUSIONS

Widaay, mey ki daarey? Wah. I went that worst area because it was where I grew up, and where both my parents refused to leave, thus still living there. I took those pictures with some caution, ee ma iga aha Xamar wax kasheeg. God. No person on this earth loves the way I love Xamar. Do not come to conclusion that quickly, and I showed you Taleex, the best xaafad now in Xamar. You didn't see that picture? What about the Jidka Sodonka picture?

If I'm not mistaken, it seems that you used to live at Hajji Muqtaar's neighborhood.

Widaaygiis, Baashi, I am Sheekh Mukhtaar's son. ;) How quick aa xaafada ku kastay aa igu daran bo.

Sxb sawirradaadii lamaba arko
smile.gif

Kuwa aa aniga ku jiro standing on Xamar streets, they are charged extra $$$, LoL. ;) Anyway, sawiradda hada waa arki doontaa, waa sameeyi kistoo.

Macsalaama.