Sign in to follow this  
Guled92

Rageh Omaar a new somali celebrity

Originally posted by Mango Madness:

Raage Omaar isn't "embedded" wit the military. He's been reporting from Baghdad right from the start.

He is an excellent Journalist. Mansha'Allah

Hi Barwaaqo. They have showed a clip of him, standing next to some American military vehicles, and personnel this prolly gives the impression that he is embedded. I guess that makes him the SECOND western reporter (after peter arnett?) to report from baghdad.

Gediid ...I thought that was hilarious but to a certain extent I thihk there is alot of truth to it. Having grown up among Africans I can somehow a gree with that statement. While growing in Africa its assumed that the man is the provider and even if the woman is a success, she will still expect to share what the man has worked for despite it being far less than what she already earns and ofcouse not forgetting the nags. Careerwise Very few black women tend to do what white women do. However, as far as general life is concerned, black women are up there.

Honesita   

I'm so behind, i have not seen the dude on tv yet.....and too late cuz i got my cable cut off today....!!!

I've also noticed that most of the famous somalis that were listed above r married to non-somalis, and most of them to non-muslims...!!! Do you have to merry a non-somali to be successful in life....!!!

Salaamz

I think that this guy should be seen as a role model for what he has managed to achieve for himself. Take a look down.

Rageh Omaar was most recently BBC News' Africa Correspondent, based in Johannesburg.

Previously he was Developing World Correspondent from 1998 and covered stories ranging from drought in Ethiopia to devastating floods in Mozambique.

Rageh began his journalistic career in 1990 as a trainee at The Voice newspaper in Brixton and then moved to City Limits magazine.

In 1991 he moved to Ethiopia where he freelanced as a foreign correspondent, much of his work being broadcast by BBC World Service.

In 1992, he returned to London as a producer for Focus on Africa for the World Service at Bush House.

Between 1994 and 1996, he worked as a broadcast journalist for the World Service and then became a producer and reporter for Newshour.

In September 1996 he undertook a three-month sabbatical at the University of Jordan, where he studied Arabic.

He was appointed Amman correspondent in March 1997.

Rageh Omaar was born in Hargeisa, Somaliland on 19 July 1967. He is the youngest of four children.

Educated at Cheltenham Boys College, he went on to Oxford University where he gained a BA Honours in Modern History in 1990.