Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Iman: Michelle Obama No 'Great Beauty'

Ismahaan   

Come on guys, Islaantaan jareertaa maa qurux ku gaarta Imaan. :D Iman is indeed very impressive and also she is educated and professional business women.

iman-cosmetics-400a121307.jpgiman91.jpg

Education:

Iman attended high school in Egypt and later lived in Kenya. Fluent in five languages arabic, Somali, English, French and Italian. She studied politics Science at the university of Nairobi.

Career

In 1975, Iman was recruited as a model by American photographer Peter Beard and relocated to the United States. Her first modeling assignment was for Vogue in 1976.

The fashion designer Yves Saint-Laurent said, "My dream woman is Iman” She recalls her experience as a house model for Yves Saint Laurent's African Queen couture collection as the most memorable moment of her modeling career.

An occasional actress, Iman appeared twice in Miami Vice, playing Dakota in Back In The World (1985) and Lois Blyth in Love At First Sight (1988), played a shapeshifter named Martia in the 1991 film Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, and appeared in the Oscar-winning film Out of Africa alongside Robert Redford and Meryl Streep.

Iman guest-starred in an episode of Bravo's TV show Project Runway, where she wore contestant Daniel Vosovic's dress to a publicity shoot, and a Cycle 5 episode of America's Next Top Model as one of the weekly mentors. Iman is currently the host of Project Runway Canada on the Global network.

In May 2007 Iman launched her signature line, IMAN Global Chic, on HSN. She is CEO of IMAN Cosmetics, Skincare & Fragrances, a line she launched to market a selection of products towards women .

Iman is a spokesperson for the Keep A Child Alive program, which provides drugs to HIV/AIDS children and families in Africa and the rest of the developing world.

She is signed to 1/One Management in New York City, and Independent Models in London.

She also made a guest star appearance in the hit video: Remember The Time by Michael Jackson.

enjoy it.

Aaliyyah   

lol ismahan am not sure you needed to post her pics, everyone knows Iman is a model and very pretty mashallah. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just hating on her, dont worry about it. :D

salaam

STOIC   

Come on guys, Islaantaan jareertaa maa qurux ku gaarta Imaan

I hope you meant that line as a Joke, this of course defies decencies.

If I had a daughters I'll rather them to emulate the freshness, exuberance and energy of Michele than the make-up beauty of Iman...

Chimera   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

quote:

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

"But she is so interesting looking and so bright. That will always take you farther.
When you?re a great beauty, it?s always downhill for you.
If you're someone like Mrs Obama, you just get better with age," she said.

She hit the nail on the head with the above statement...
Downhill Indeed:

iman.jpg

I dont get how this self-hating character has become a rolemodel to our sisters when we have dozens of female scientists, entrepreneurs and more accomplished sisters than this character.

true mystery.

this has turned into an Iman vs. Michelle. Thats not all the the point of the interview. One thing, the two woman are completely different, should not be compared and successful in their own right. Iman is beautiful, a huge understatement, she an Icon of the fashion world, the Supreme court of whats beautiful and to top it if she is a successful business woman and the first high profile black supermodel. Mrs. Obama, is mrs. Obama. A first lady and an academic record that inspires all minorities. Lastly, the lady was actually complementing mrs. Obama.

Aaliyyah   

^You are actually right she did compliment her. Apparently some people just wanna insult Iman, I wonder how long they were itching to do that LOL..

salaam

Chimera   

Lol@she complimented her, kinda like this right?:

Dear, dear Bobby don't cry, yes you are ugly but nobody can dissect a TX-2456 the way you can, cheer up! :D

btw why the hell is she talking about slavery as if we share the same history as African Americans?

Sabriya do tell me why you would consider this tramp a 'rolemodel' that needs defending.

Aaliyyah   

Sabriya do tell me why you would consider this tramp a 'rolemodel' that needs defending.

Adam, refrain from name calling walaal and let others live their life as they wish. One of the things that islam emphsizes on is to respect others even if they are not on the right path.

Najmudiin who said Iman is gaalo? she might not be practicing islam but she is still a muslim woman.

salaam

Chimera   

I doubt you would rush to the defense of Ayaan Hirsi the way you do with Iman, nice way at red herring my question btw!

Aaliyyah   

lol ma iga maqashay anoo idhi ayan hersi was not a muslim?? I really don't go that far and try to decide what others are...that's really between them and allah. But, I would never come and defend ayan hersi, i wouldn't personnally insult her, for its not in my nature to insult others. But i wouldn't tell you to talk of her in a good manner cuz she doesn't deserve it..it's that simple.

plus when did we jump from Iman to ayan hersi? even what made you insult Iman, when we were talking about her remark of "the first lady is not a great beauty"? did that statements offend you in anyway? Imean hey she only said shes not a great beuty that still leaves room for being pretty, okey looking, decent looking lol I mean really Adam whats this all about? what you have against Iman? spill it?

salaam