Sign in to follow this  
Faynuus

Give up your carier for me....would you?

Faynuus   

If your spouse took a new role like a governer or any other role and there is a conflict of interest between the two of you, would you give up your line of work to support or promote your spouse? if yes, how long?

eid mubarak again.

Prinz   

There wouldn't be a conflict of interest in the first place, I got the same interests as my partner..isku meel leenba wax u wadnaa, after all.

Faheema.   

lol@Che, as expected.

This question is mainly directed at guys because most woman would let their spouse pursue their career while she takes a back seat.

Faheema...I'm very understanding since that gotta be the hardest job.Imagine being responsible for millions of people.Madam President needs caring patner and good foot massager after long days work.

Plus I gotta *bleep* with most powerful woman in the country and hang out with likes of Carla Bruni and Queen Rania on state visits. :D

ilax   

A food for thought for Faynus. Sister, it happens and its good to rise that issue. I kow Somalis, culturally are more informal than being formal, as some one termed 'open-space bureaucracy'. However, Somali woman can have a multiple roles in that aspect. on top of playing a complementery role for your husband, be influencial as well.It is not advisable to quit your prevouse role at all, but act also as a member of 'kitchen cabinet' or use the power of 'the bed' I mean the night manoeuvring type of activities.Then, both of you will be sucessful. but, the determental factor here is your spousal relationship and your capacity to utilise that relation.

Aaliyyah   

I would give up my career for my kids, so i can raise a good pious children. But, I wouldn't give up my career for my spouse. As work isn't just a mean to get money, but rather something I do to feel worthwhile. To feel that am giving back to my community and inturn doing something I value.

hope that answers.

and eid mubarak to all...had a great time yesterday alhmadulilaah.

wa salaamu alaikum

Faynuus   

Ilax well said brother. But though that would be a nice role, what i meant was would you give up your chosen career for your spouse's career? being in the kitchen cabinet as you put it, is like salbalaarsi for the partner and it may not be ur dream or a role you would other wise choose ma garatay? mida kale does the :power of the bed: apply to you guys also?

Aaliyah. Maansha Allah sis, Allaha ku siiyo kuwo baari ah, be accomodating him too.

Nephissa   

If I was a NASA scientist or a surgeon who saves cancer patients 6 nights a week and my spouse asked me to give it all up for him, ihii! I would run, run away from such a man so fast that all he would see would be a blur. There are greater things in life than love for one person, it's called love for beeso. icon_razz.gif .

Originally posted by Ace of Spadez:

i wouldn't give up my cell phone carier for my wives. we should keep our cell phone plans seperate. seperate everything
;)

:D:D . separate Xayraan too, Xaaji. L0L.