Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

What is your heart’s greatest desire?

Malika   

Dabshid,what is wrong with one desiring to marry? it has nothing to do with sex yakhii!

My little heart desires to concure the ego,to stay focused on acquiring a peaceful,balanced and happy life here in duniya and to trive hard for the after.Go to Hajj with my family,especially my parents.

One day to finish the world tour, I started couple of years ago.If Allah permits I would love to climb the Himalayas,camel ride across the ancient cities in Egypt,see India [to witness its diverse and interesting contrasts],The Kalahari desert and camp under the stars in Hawd, listening to my Uncles heroic moments.....and many other places am yet to visit.I'A

ismahan asked or talked professionally ...everyone in life have goals--some don't recognize it and some do it --having goals in life is somewhat make you exist otherwise you are not different from animals--is also organize and shape ur life ur efforts..but what do we mean goals? i think:

To get marry is not goal is a need.

To move torono or Uk is not goal is Want.

To secure your job is not goal is a need. but get promoted and become vice presedent or financial department manager is goal.

in my opinion having goal is what you gone be in long-run then again goals are catagorized into two erea:

Your profile in society e.g family, friend, community.

Your personal goal e.g To be entreprenuer.

Extent to that i advice don't ever stick or have one goal in life, to keep psycological need well-being HAVE alternatives.

lastly if u go around where-ever somaliz lives they seem like they don't ot can't recognize their goals in life ..i may be mistaking lakiin we really need to have goals in life..as the poster indicated...

chubacka   

Originally posted by me:

quote:Originally posted by chubacka:

To have a job where I can make a big difference and to feel that I am a good muslim.

How about PAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Did i forget to add a rich husband?! ;)

seriously money is not dat important I would like to live in Somalia anyway so no need to be dat well off...

Ismahaan   
Originally posted by Baashi:

[QB] ^Her point is crystel ThePoint smile.gif What's your problem buddy *big grin*

ismahan

I don't know about the "greatest desire" part but sure some of us do have a dream of their own. One area I struggled to break free from is finance. I would love to attain that fleeting financial freedom but so far not so good.

Bashe this may help you bro.......

Financial Goals setting and achievement are easier if you follow these steps for effective and successful financial goals setting and resolution accomplishment. It really works believe me

First determine your goals in budgeting: It may be helpful to think of your budget as a road map.

Step1: To start using a budget, you must know how much money you have or will receive.

Step 2: Identify and write down your financial goals, whether they are saving for a down payment on a house, buying a new car, planning for retirement, or something else. Whether large or small, it is important to know your goal.

Step 3: Break each financial goal down into several short-term (less than 1 year), medium-term (1 to 3 years) and long-term (5 years or more) goals.

Step 4: Educate yourself! Read Money magazine or a book about investing, or surf the Internet's investing web sites.

Step 5: Create Wealth: Find a way to greatly increase the value of what you do. Ask: "How can I be worth more to the company I work for?"

Step 6: Once you have determined your financial goals, added up your income, added up your expenses, and then calculated the difference between them, you can see how you spend your money.

Note: Never spend your money before you have it.

Step 6: Before you make any spending decisions ask yourself the following two questions and answer them honestly:

•Is this purchase truly necessary, or could we get by without it?

• If it is necessary, is it necessary now, or could it be postponed

Step 8: Evaluate your progress. Review your progress monthly, quarterly, or at any other interval you feel comfortable with, but at least semi-annually, to determine if your program is working. If you're not making satisfactory progress on a particular goal, re-evaluate your approach and make changes as necessary.

Step 9: finally Plan for the future. Decide now where you want to be and when. Then develop a realistic but aggressive road map to get there.

wish u well smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

I would like to be successful in my studies and establish a decent career. At the same time increase my iiman and work for the here after. insha allah

Ismahaan   
Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

[QB] Isma, what's your goal, be it long or short term?

well my goal is to try and make more of my life not to waste it and try to help my people back home. Also I would like to memorize the entire Qur,an by the time I am …………. :D

My short-term goal is to finish my master degree, write a book and to improve my Arabic.

My intermediate goal is to pursue a Ph.D in Biomedical Science.

My long-term goal is to become rich and famous smile.gif

. Invest alot for the hereafter

. Have twins atleast one time IA. just praying

. Go to hajj with my husband and parents and his parents

. Resume and finish my studies IA

. One of my most important goals is to help getting clean and adequate water for worst hit parts of somalia IA.

Chimera   

Yesterday i walked from the Kebab shop to my home but made a pittstop(no not peeing,resting!) at the park first and enjoyed a nice game of football played by Somali youth my age

then i walked home, everything was so calm and peacefull no stress just serenity and the weather was nice not too warm not too cold

my greatest desire is to do this one day in Somalia with 1 billion$ in my bank to make it even nicer.

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by umu zakaria:

One of my most important goals is to help getting clean and adequate water for worst hit parts of somalia IA.

Masha allah sis proud of you :cool:

Som@li   

Dabshid,what is wrong with one desiring to marry? it has nothing to do with sex yakhii!

Ma maqashay doob dareen baa dilay!kkk :D

Indeed marrying is a desire, and everything that comes with it! ;)

Ducaysane, soo dhowoow saxb, You posts as one nomad noted before, always make me smile. you are talented comedian, Masha Allah.