Sign in to follow this  
Faarax-Brawn

The Somalis: Kenya's 6th Largest Community

This is causing a lot of discomfort among Kenyans. One person commented: "With their money,Somalis will soon take over Kenya". And it may as well be the case. Somalis are flocking to Kenya and in large numbers. Some from miyi and others from Som. There is an effort to now question the accuracy of these figures. But, of course,We will buy off the auditors themselves, ha ha :D

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

I was hoping to see a bigger number than 2.4 Mils. We are still lagging behind the big guys, quite not there yet!

War we are more than that. It is just that many are never counted.

Ladif,Xaal,adeer. smile.gif

Its good news indeed, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia and now Kenya. Remarkable stuff for a "dead" nation.

Here is a comment I read from the comments on that article..

Submitted by Mutashfull

Posted September 01, 2010 12:16 PM

Personaly i think the population has increased rapidly due to these somalis who have invaded our country,at the age of 32 a somali woman has at least 8 kids and she is a third or fourth wife, look around and you see most youths we have in Nairobi are wariahs and we are selling them our land and property come on Kenyan Kenyans wake up!!!

^And you had to comment about that. L0L.

Duke, Somalis are actually under counted. The numbers are actually higher since they never included those in Eastleigh and the camps. Kenyans are worried about Somalis, because they have $$$. But,they cant do jack about it.

NGONGE   

FB, surely my reply there tells you that I read the entire article and first page of comments (at least). :D

I support the Kenyan Somalis and hope that they have so many kids they'll be able to take over the country and rename it Somalia.

FB: whats the real population figure for ethnic Somali's in Kenya, and those from Somalia proper?I am reading more comments on that site and it’s quite interesting. Somali people are losing their minds at the suggestion that Somali population is that large. They are blaming refugees, illegal immigration, and corruption etc. Its riveting stuff so far.

Kamaavi   

Total Kenyan population : 38, 610,097

Male : 19,192,458

Female : 19,417,639

Kenyan Somalis : 2 milyan iyo 380 kun.

Kenyan somalis stood: kaalinta 6-aad ( waxa ka horeeyaan qawmiyadaha kala ah Kikuuyu, Luhya, Luo(jalwada), kaamba iyo Kalenjiin.)

web page

They should invest more in the NFD, as a safety net. If anything ever happens in the main cities, they are able to return historical Somali land without any problems. And also more investment is needed in that region since it heavily underdeveloped