Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Whitening products~~Be Aware!!!

Som@li   

I was visiting this shop the other day and noticed this Somali lady from Uk, buying dozens of boxes of the whitening products, since I knew the owner of the shop , I later asked her,few questions regarding the popular whitening products which she displayed the products on the shelves and who were her customers. Some of these products contain some acid chemicals to wash away the natural skin.

I took some pics with my mobile, as some of you may never have seen it. in the list there is the classic Diana,and the most popular ,FASCO! and finally the most dangerous one Denovate Cream , which will completely peel off your skin in over couple of nights, the owner of the shop told me she refuses to sell this one to young girls.

So if you or some1 u know using any of these products, please advice them to stop. Allah has given everyone the best.

25032007148ov6.jpg

25032007141qc0.jpg

25032007149wn8.jpg

25032007151qk3.jpg

lol bless the Diana users, dont get me wrong i think its ****** to use those creams but i heard woman say alaa gabaar caas aa ficaan doqoon or the night are the only black things( something like that in somali) so u see its the mentality of this woman u have to fight they associate blackness with uglyness.

ps those are nothing ie the creams ppl use pills now.

nemo   

So you you just put these things on your face like a cream? And you will change colour just like that :eek:

I heard that you need to use it everyday, is there is a cream that you can use once and your colour will change forever. Like those dangerious ones you are talking about.I mean if they wash your natural skin they should do the job right? Why use again?

looooooooooooool@dabshid ,,,,,, i can recognize the products, the table and the telephone :D:D ,,,,,,,,,

Yeah ,, they mix some products and they use them everyday until they are like Madona :D:D

Sadly, some young boys started to do the same these days ,,,,,,,,,,

Buuxo   

^taliban focus on the messge the brother is trying to get across to u not his hand ,or height......

Buuxo   

anyways i just dont understand why girls need to go to this extreme...it sad how that somali mentality of light being beauty has just blinded these women from seeing their natural beauty....black is beautiful...21st century people....grow up , move on and accept yourself for who u are , as it is often said "beauty is in the hand sof the beholder"...

Treva, pardon! you mistaking, this is my skin care shop

check it out ~ www.aveda.com..its located uptown! bit pricey but it does wonders for my face, i would never use anything from PANAROMA, maybe i would buy a phone card from there, thats all !

....i'll be at safari this weekend........

Ebyan   

Originally posted by nameless_chick:

I heard that you need to use it everyday, is there is a cream that you can use once and your colour will change forever.

The saddest thing is these women will never be satisfied with their skin colour; they'll never stop using these products. They have deeper issues; they'll never be "white" enough. Kinda reminds me of Body Dsymorphic Disorder.

People with BDD are preoccupied with an imagined physical defect or a minor defect that others often cannot see.

Malika   

I believe the stigma lies within the culture,which has strongly been influenced by colonialism and slavery.The lighter you are, near you are to the white man.How can beauty be measured from using products that not only make you look like a chipanzee's *** but destroys your skin?

I hope my sisters wake up from this stigma , ofself hate and embrace the beautiful coco brown soft skin Allah has created on US.

Black is beauty...

ehhmm..I had to mention the brother's hand, Mashaallah..[typical sex in the city mentality..lol]

Pucca   

i get the msg...and its a good one, creams=evil; now my question is...what kinda phone is that? my phonecam is well...not worth mentioning; nothing close to that sorta quality thats for sure.

Som@li   

^^N73

Voilet , it is quite true, they keep using it until it is too late...do they all have Body Dsymorphic Disorder!!