Sign in to follow this  
Animal Farm

2 Somali Youths Killed In Toronto

Police have confirmed the city’s latest murder victims were the most tragic kind – they appear to have been completely innocent.

When 23-year-old Loyan Mohamed Ahmed and 19-year-old Ali Mohamud Ali left the Phoenix Nightclub on Sherbourne St. at 4am Monday morning, they had no idea they’d never make it home.

At least 6 or 7 people were winding down the night talking on the northwest corner of Maitland and Homewood Ave., when a man suddenly walked straight toward them from out of the gloom, pulled a gun and opened fire.

He never said a word to anyone but sprayed the area with random and fatal bullets.

By the time the smoke cleared, a man lay dead at the scene, another succumbed in hospital and a 20-year-old suffered a wound to his leg.

The assailant fled into the night.

An autopsy conducted Tuesday shows Ali was killed by a gunshot wound to the head.

And despite the recent spree of firearm-related violence in the city, police are sure this wasn't gang related, and remain baffled by the motive for this senseless and brutal crime.

"We're gathering information on what may have taken place in the club and what took place on the street to see if we can identify a motive for that shooting," outlines Chief Bill Blair.

"Quite often it's not much of a motive. Quite often it's a dispute. Somebody was disrespected. Somebody felt slighted by something that was said or even a look. Hard for those of us who perhaps lead more rationale lives to understand how that could motivate gunplay."

The Chief is pledging his force will find justice for the victims.

And while they’re armed with good intentions, they’ve now armed you with something else – information.

They’re hoping the release of a description of the suspect will get their phones ringing. The wanted man is believed to be:

* Black,

* 20s,

* 5'10"−6',

* 150−160 lbs.,

* Black braids,

* Goatee.

He was wearing blue jeans, a black T−shirt, and a blue do−rag from which his braids extended.

If he sounds familiar, police are hoping you won’t remain silent. Call (416) 808-7400 if you can put a name to the killer.

Source: Pulse 24

Toronto has had 20 shootings in the last 2 weeks and five murders, even a four year old was injured in of the shootings.

Castro   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Tooo sad ,, but wat da hell were they doing in da nightclub at that time ,,,,, i didn't like that ,,,,,,,

It is sad indeed. So young and now no more. The may have been dancing in the club, I don't know. What do people do in clubs?

That area is a popular hang out spot for Somalis on Sunday evenings – they might have been just hanging out, lounging.

Fidel – people go clubbing to hang out with friends and listen to music. It’s not really that bad of a place, do you listen to music in your home? Do you look at girls on the street? It’s no different really.

Nonetheless, it is a sad event, and I wish their families all the best.

STOIC   

When 23-year-old Loyan Mohamed Ahmed and 19-year-old Ali Mohamud Ali left the Phoenix Nightclub on Sherbourne St. at 4am Monday morning, they had no idea they’d never make it home.

I got the phone call on monday evening.My freind on the other line broke the news to me that my freind Ali was shot.Ali was a freind.A family freind.A younger brother.May Allah forgive him and give his mom, father, and sisters a sabr during this difficult time.please save us the holier than thou attitude.Whatever they were doing outside or inside the club is between them and their lord.

Rest In Peace Ali.I will always miss your baby face.I will miss your freindship.

I'm sorry for your loss Stoic. Sabr iyo iimaan.

May Allah forgive their sins and may they rest in peace.

Its really sad to have to deal with the loss of youth who have everything to live for.

Castro   

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

Fidel – people go clubbing to hang out with friends and listen to music. It’s not really that bad of a place, do you listen to music in your home? Do you look at girls on the street? It’s no different really.

Dude, I know what people do in a club. And I was referring to the guy before me who who was about to break into the being-out-clubbing-that-late-caused-their-death routine.

OG Moti   

Hey Tdot people why dont you keep ur kids in the house, what the hell they were doing in a nightclub at that time, Jecylbaro u right i didnt like that too.. bad why to day, die coming out of a nightclub instead of the mosque, anyway Allah kariim, Allah is forgiving, Somalis are darbi fariistayaal, it is ok to hang out late but just keep away from such places.. Allah yarham

Peace

Foxy   

Qoute

hey Tdot people why dont you keep ur kids in the house, what the hell they were doing in a nightclub at that time, Jecylbaro u right i didnt like that too.. bad why to day, die coming out of a nightclub instead of the mosque, anyway Allah kariim, Allah is forgiving, Somalis are darbi fariistayaal, it is ok to hang out late but just keep away from such places.. Allah yarham

You never could ask in advance on how or where to die at neither could U predict in which manner would U leave the earth if that was Your heavenly wish.......

So just wish them well in thier passing

cheers