Sign in to follow this  
Sir-Qalbi-Adeyg

Joining the canadian/western forces

Any somali's or other muslims ever thought of joining? They give you a nice signing bonus for joining if you have a university degree, and it would be a great experience. What's the islamic view of joining western forces? not necessarily to fight overseas' but as part of support forces.

Pucca   

i dont know about the islamic view but i was thinking of joinin it when i first started college and doing a nursing program and having them pay for it..then i'd owe them 5yrs of service. Ofcourse my mom said no, she wasnt willing to have me die with the 'gaalo'.

They offer great training and a free education, 5 yrs of service isnt all that when you're not really required to leave to some war zone.

STOIC   

If you are all for physical prowess and following a rigid orders go for it. The code of following rigid commands doesn’t sit well with me. I doubt if there is anything wrong with serving your adopted country’s military. Yes they do pay for your tuition and board but you will have to pay them back by serving for however long you signed up for-don’t forget they do also have inactive time you have to do. I have a buddy who signed up with the navy and he loves it. If you are young-I mean like early twenties (less than 23 )- I think its a great route plus you will be giving back to your adopted country!

Anoo mööryaan iska noqdo ayaa la qaatay inaa gaal mabda'iisa iyo aragtadiisa dhiigeyga ku difaaci lahaa, nafteydana ugu huri lahaa.

Isn't that what fighting for a gaal's nation mean? Defending their so-called liberations, invasions, subjugations and conquests of natives. Why in Eebbe's world would I fight in Afgaanistaan today, as the Canadian army is doing?

Reer Afgaanistaan iyo anaga geelkeena inay isarkaan iska dhaafee, cirkeena xataa isma arko ee marka maxaa iga quseeyo. Kasii daranba gaal la safo oo u hiili, Muslina duqee oo rushee.

Fabregas   

there is one somali guy in the Brit forces who fought in Iraq........some guy was trying to promote him as a measure of Somali success.

they might send you to kill pirates in Puntland...........

ps. everything depends on the context....guarding some places and undertaking some peacekeeping operation in Bosnia or Kosovo is not the same as fighting muslims in Afghanistan.

RedSea   

^I think he was even a member of SOL. lool

he went by the name of Fecklaxm or something to that effect. He was proud in taking part of the oppression of innocent Iraqis. It's shame really.

chubacka   

If you r serious about joining go and ask someone knowledgable and whose reasoning you trust.All you can get from SOL is ppl's opinions. An for what its worth I would say its not worth the gamble, do something u are sure is halal.

Baluug   

I come from a somewhat military family, as my father, 2 aunts, 1 uncle, and both my awoowes served in the Canadian military, but I'd never join the military, I'm too lazy and not good at taking orders. :D

This actually reminds me of a time when I was over at my aunt's house and she had some of her military co-workers over and we were watching Jeopardy on TV. There was one black contestant, and these guys were all laughing at him, calling him "nigger" and cracking watermelon jokes about him. I was only 15 back then and I was shocked, this was the first time I ever encountered racism like that, obviously not directed at me. Sadly as well, I think they all served in Somalia when the Canadian military was there in 1995.

Aaliyyah   

I don't think you should mention that your family served in Somalia, or somalis might have second thoughts abt u :D (since we have the tendency to over generalize..basically anything your uncles/aunts did will backfire @ you hehehe)

Qalbi, tell your friend to pursue a professional field. I wouldn't advice anyone to join.

salaam

Baluug   

Actually, no one in my family went to Somalia, I mean the guys who were over at the house that day went to Somalia, at least I think they did. By the time the Canadian military went into Somalia, most of my military relatives were already out of the military, my dad included. But the Canadians were there as part of the UN peacekeeping operations I believe, they were based in Beledweyn, and finally pulled out in 1995.

Yea, I remember the canadian racist scum torturing the somali dude in beleteweyn. Were they ever sent to prison?

Anyways, this is kinda of the reason why we need muslims in western armies, so these kinds of things don't happen.

peasant   

^ Ironically the two scum bags who perpetrated the murder were native indians by ethnicity. Of course the vary people that should have known better about racism.

RedSea   

That was gruesome image. One of many that took place.

In one of the pictures taken, the somali fella was so badly beaten and had blood everywhere. And the other they had him tied his legs and arms and where holding his both ends on top of a fire.