Foxy

What Are You reading Right Now?

Foxy   

And here we go again with a new topic,

I finally finished The Da vinci Code By Dan Brown and am currently reading on Angels and Demons by the same author and (finally!) and having a grand time in reading these books and I give it 2 thumbs up!!!! its a must read for those of You that havent read it yet....needless to say its has been hailed by book critics.

What are you reading, and how is it? and would U recommended it to members of SOL

cheers....

dawoco   

^^I didn't think the ending lived upto the contends of the book. The whole waking up to understand the final clue wasn't very creative in an otherwise nail-bitingly exciting book.What do u think?

At the moment I'm reading Pride and Prejudice, i'm gonna indulge in the classics this summer. The good thing abt it is that even if i dnt understand it, i can always go rent the film icon_razz.gif

JUSTICE   

I just finished reading the GRAFT for Martina Cole....

such a discusting book , but you will bw hooked from the first page

I recommend this book for all of you.

Senora   

The good thing abt it is that even if i dnt understand it, i can always go rent the film

Along with the Harry Potter book, im also reading Beloved by Toni Morrison. And the movie is coming back home with me, after I return the book back at the library :D

I must say Foxy, the Da vinci Code has swept the country like a storm! Before the summer is over, I'll have to see what the fuss is!!

Finished last week Paulo Coehlo's Fifth mountain a fictious story based on Prophet Elijah.A tale twisted between faith,love and the struggle. I liked it but uve got 2 read it to the end.

Now Ive picked up a book on self development

called the mind gym. Which happens to have a supporting website.

Supuu talking of Toni morrison tried to look for beloved still havent got my hands on a copy, heard its a nice read.

Happy readings everyone.

STOIC   

I just finished reading "The Yibiir of Las Burgabo".If you ever thought that Somalis are not bigots you will read this book with a feeling of revulsion.The leading character(Ali) dad faces indignity at the hands of the society whose heart's are filled with malignity.The society bigotry breed an opposition to everything Yibiir.Ali's dad crime was of presenting false information about his tribe when he was getting engaged to Ali's mom.The felicity of their young love and family was cut short after the society found out the truth about Ali's dad identity!.The book exposes the cruel side of the Somali society.They are rude and atrocious in their mannner towards the Yibiirs.Ali and his family lived in a society given to mischief and deviltry!.

Haddad   

Originally posted by STOIC:

I just finished reading "The Yibiir of Las Burgabo".If you ever thought that Somalis are not bigots you will read this book with a feeling of revulsion.

Is the book fact-based or fiction? If the first, I am tempted to read it.

Sky   

Haddad the book is fact-based. I recommend you and anyone to read it. I read it a few weeks ago. The head character actually lived and was also called Ali. The writer said so in his interview with Radio Daljir. Laas Burgaabo for instance stands for Laas - Laas Caanood/Qoray, Bur - Burco and Gaabo- Ceerigaabo.

I'm reading the book "When a hyena laughs" by Abdi Sheikh Abdi. I bought it online at www.Afgarad.com and the location of the story intrigued me extra: Mudug!

Castro   

I'm currently reading a fact-based book called The Myth of Monogamy. I think it's a must read for anyone interested in biology, psychology and life in general. There's a heavy emphasis on evolution so if you don't accept evolution as fact, then this wonderful book is NOT for you.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Ofleh:

if you don't accept evolution as fact

You mean evolution as a dinosaur evolving to an iguana, or a Homo Habilis evolving to a Homo Sapiens?

Foxy   

hey Nomads

Good to see that U have different opinions in different books and so forth, which's a good starting point to exchanging ideas.......

Did any1 read about Sun Tzu's "Art of war" not that i am initiating any art of war but just inquiring about if any1 might have come across it, as the art of war might relate to other factors in daily life...

it just happens to be one of the old time books I admire in reading and learning an ongoing living experience.......

If i were to recommend one or two books of my old timers would favourites it be "Art of War" by Sun Tzu and the seat of the soul by gary Zukav's Theme("There is a great vision that comes from beyond the personality. Each of us is now being drawn, in one way or another, to that same great vision. It is more than a vision. It is an emerging force. It is the next step in our evolutionary journey).

and i am sure alot of U might have heard of it.....i recommend on the art of war and see how it would adapt/ or relate to ur daily life or to our lives and how could benefit from such benefits offered in the old days wisdom

cheers

:cool: :D

Currently reading Joseph Conrad - Heart of Darkness, A book about imperialism, exploitation, consumption, and material madness - its a novel.

Castro   

Originally posted by Foxy-brown:

Did any1 read about Sun Tzu's "Art of war" not that i am initiating any art of war but just inquiring about if any1 might have come across it, as the art of war might relate to other factors in daily life...

I have and it's one of my favorite books. If not THE favorite. Simple and profound. I've read it 3-4 times already.