Sign in to follow this  
money

That is not my Islam- Stonning to death?

Fabregas   

Moaning again, are we, Mr Moaney(just joking with ya)? For your information, Bukhari, the compiler of the hadith books( so called sunnah to you), hailed from central asia; likewise, Imam Tirmidhi; and lastly, Ghazzali, the great theologian, was of Persian origin.

With regards to Itjihad and methods used to apply Islamic laws to everyday life: the Ulema always conducted within the cofinement of the Quran and Sunnah. Thus, to reason and rationalise according to the Quran, doesn't ential blind following, wailing and interpreting Islamic law according to ones own desisres and emotions.

In some instances, a person can unknowlingly commit some aspects of kufr and end mocking the regulations of Allah(swt), by making what Allah has made forbidden halal. The prophet(saw) said that the jews and christians worshipped their rabbis and monks because they made what Allah made forbidden, Halal.

To borrow and example: when you called for Muslim women to abandon their Islamic clothes and take part in " civilized", semi-naked "synchronized swimming" and "gymnastics", you were calling for a rebellion and disobedience against the laws of Allah( which is one of the most serious of sins), not rationale or reason. As for this issue: I think Xiin summed it up nicely in the other thread.

NASSIR   

VOA/Somali conducted an interview with the father of the deceased, Ibrahim Nur Dhuhulow. He lives in Hagardhere Refugee camp. He is asked several questions on her DOB, biography, etc. She was born in 1995, but she had lived in the camp since she was 4 years. She was at least 14 years of age

Her father says that his girl was raped by three gun men, at the Kismayo beach, and when she in fact braved the stigma (most rape incidents go unreported) and reported the cruel incident, she was sentenced to be stoned to death.

He described her as little girl who loved to finish school before she gets married.

Please listen to the interview. You can skip the headline.

VOA/Somalia

NASSIR   

^It's a haunting image runtii but you should show patience and ask Allah for guidance from injustice, ignorance, and harm.

Ashkiro   

OMG OMG i am speechless, subhan'Allah. Prayers are not going to do anything, action needs to be taken. Her father should seek justice and not let this go. I think we should do something and not let this case go just because its Somalia and horrendous crimes have been the norm, this is beyond belief. Does anyone have more information or whom is responsible for ordering this??

Caamir, could you post that link of the VOA interview to the other thread that also going on? There are people there still on the fence and defending this heinous act.

Gabbal   

Let us not jump to conclusions and get ahead of ourselves. As it stands, none of us know the facts concerning the case and so do not have the legitimacy to take any one position.

If however the woman is really guilty of what she said, then I do believe the prescribed punishment is correct and Islamic.

Perhaps the problem is that most of these Islamic-oriented capital punishments are done in broad daylight whereas Western capital punishments in the form of lethal injections and electrocution are done in private. This maybe a problem as potentially unstable emotions get affected and individuals tend to combine ignorance with emotion as we have witnessed in this very thread.

However, it should be mentioned that the psychology behind Islamic punishments being done in broad daylight is so they can serve as an example to the rest of society and prevent such crimes from being committed again.

I admit that I don't know that much

That is your problem Money.

The punishment of death by stoning in the case of adultery is recorded by the most highest authorities on Hadiith, Bukhari and Muslim.

p.s. Neither of them was Arab. Muslim was from Persia and Bukhari was from one of the former Soviety republics (of modern times).

Abtigiis   

Whether it was recorded by an Arab or a persian doesn't really matter. No one is disbuting the Hadith. What I am saying is in this particluar incident, it is clear conditions in the country are nor ripe for the excution of such selective punishment.

Waxaan ognahay, maalin walba wadaado gabdhaha ku qabta oo aan cidna wax weeydiin. oo later odhan 'haa! meher fulaan baan ku dhuftay retroactively.'

On the wider issue, me, I believe the notion that the practice will act as a deterrent is not correct. Hence, it needs to be revised. Waxba waxbuu dhaamaa, better hide it when doing so.

nuune   

Waxaan ognahay, maalin walba wadaado gabdhaha ku qabta oo aan cidna wax weeydiin. oo later odhan 'haa! meher fulaan baan ku dhuftay retroactively

Ciidda ayey ka badanyihiin aniguba intaan garanayo ee intey gabdho xodxotaan hadhowna oranayo xarig baa iigu xiran gabadha, xarig maashii

Abtigiis   

Anagu waxaan naqaan mid odhan jiray "Inamal Acmaalu biniyaati", oo intuu hablaha ku kiciyo odhan jiray waan guursan doonaa ee sinno ma aha. Waan u soo shaqaysanyaa waxoogaa. Intaana waan ku sii afuufi.

ANTARA   

Maba dhici karto, nin iyo naag ciyaarha jiirka meeshii ugu adkeyd isla maraya oo iska dhex baxaya iney cid aragtaa especially in Somalia.

Waliba sidaa ayaa dhaar laga rabaa iney arkeen alaabtaa qumaatiga u kacasa. Hadey dhaartaana waxa imanasa maxaad ka qabanseen meesha, ileen nin aad iyo aad u qabow ayuunbaa taasoo kale daawadee.

markaa raga looxyada yar yar sitow diinta xikmad baa ku jirtee waa in odayaashan shabaab doontu xanuuntey la iska qabta.

Thierry.   

HornAfrique I agree with you 100%

A&T

Whether it was recorded by an Arab or a persian doesn't really matter. No one is disbuting the Hadith. What I am saying is in this particluar incident, it is clear conditions in the country are nor ripe for the excution of such selective punishment.

Could the same be said about murderers or rapist ya A&T what was your take on ICU executing the rapist and murderers in public only 2 years ago in the Capital.

Hada A&T would you dare go to Kismayo and commit adultery knowing the consequences of the act. If no then I believe its fulfilled its purpose.

I do not have all the details on this particular case other than what the media (not the most reliable source lately) has put out and it looks from what the media wrote that due process was not followed in this girl’s case.

The conditions will never be perfect for critics however adultery is a crime against society and like Horn said the “barbaric” punishment this is to deter others from committing the act. But to say lets wait for the coming of an Islamic government before we exert Islamic rules is a warped view.