Sign in to follow this  
money

That is not my Islam- Stonning to death?

money   

I just read that in Kismayo, a group of men who hide behind the beautiful and peaceful religion of Islam stoned young Somali women to death. Why? Because she had sex?. That is it?. Give me a break!! That was the alleged crime. I am sure that some of these fanatics were ex-militia men who raped many innocent women before. They said she confessed to it and but when she was dragged to the spot or the bloody spectacle; She was crying and screaming in protest. No sane human being would volunteer to be killed let alone stoned to death. They tied her hands and legs and stormed her with stones until she died. My God..can you imagine that? cruelty and insanity. Somalis still live in the stone ages.One would have to ask? Even if they want to kill someone and implement their perversion of Islam, can’t they use bullets? I am so sick and sad to hear such cruelty and barbarism done in the name of Islam by evil and un-islamic men. We need to voice our anger and disgust on such cruelty. To hell with the shabaab. Let us all say that is not my Islam. My Islam doesn't stone. My Islam isn't that barbaric and cruel. My Islam is mercy and salvation and not stonning and blood-letting and barbarism.

^ I got a question for you sxb.

some people object to this due to complete valid reason which are not known to us .. such as the circumstances involved in this specific case .. miyerkiida, ninka ka sinaytay, and that there are more pressing issues to deal with currently.

My Islam doesn't stone. My Islam isn't that barbaric and cruel. My Islam is mercy and salvation and not stonning and blood-letting and barbarism.

^ I take issue with these sloppily thrown together adjectives at the end of your post i.e blood letting, barbarism and just a heads-up YES Islam does stone and Islam is mercy and salvation which is not mutually exclusive.

if you are against this specific ruling due to the circumstances it is understandable but .. you sound like someone opposed to the entire principle which is part & parcel of Islam ... your personal opinion such as "can't they use bullets ?" is irrelevant to this matter because there is already clear guidelines in the Sunnah of the prophet P.B.U.H

money   

the so-called Sunnah was some 1400 years ago. Part of the sunnah is to use camels as transportation and to go to war with swords right? so why do they use cars and Ak47? I heard the shariah was written by some Arabs 100 years or so after the death of the prophet and they had some kind of scholarship called Ijtihad which was meant to elaborate and adjust some edicts? and that continued to some 300 years... how come it didn't go on, so they could get on with the modern world of today? anyways, we live in a modern, civilized and technologically advanced world. Some primitive cultures need to be thrown and shunned and really stoning was done in the stone ages. By the way, everyone interprets religion to their own advantage and understanding.

These fanatics who used to be clan militias and raped many innocent women are just giving munition and credence to apostates like Ayaan Hirsi.

^ "I heard Sharia was written by some arabs 100 years or so after the death of the prophet" ayaad la soo shirtagtay miyaa ?

aniga meeshaas ayaan sheekada uga baxay ... but youre on a slippery slip walaal ee bal ka fiirso hadaladaada .. and that is brotherly advice

Emperor   

Originally posted by Xiin:

Sheekada money waa: anoo awalba rabay inaan ooyyo baa sac igu joogsaday!

:D:D , that was good call Xiin, ishaad katuurtay.

money   

see, if you can't question and challenge, then you disregarding one basic principle of the Quran which is to reason and rationalize before blind loyalty. You gotta ask yourself how, who, when and why there is Shariah? its origins? what it's based of? where it is derived from? who wrote it? on what authority and so on. The early Muslims and scholars used to do that cos they were educated and intelligent enough. It was part of their schooling and training to interpret and draw legal matters from the original sources of the Quran , hadith and so on. Distorting and misinterpreting quranic laws to suit your interest is what some do these days and challenging that is the real struggle or Jihad within the Muslim society. It's not blasphemous to ask and stand up to charlatans so we could save our sisters from misogynistic men who use Shariah to commit acts of barbarism such as the stoning in Kismayo. Yeah Shariah was compiled probably by some Muslim-Arabs back then cos they were close to the source and it was in their language. who else would have written such complex and weighty books of laws and religious cannons? if not Arab men of the time then?

Walaal, I understand your anger and frustration with this so-called Wadaado practicing outright execution. :( My heart sinks every time I hear about one of those instances where a poor woman is put to death. It is an utter witch hunt :mad: . Two questions come to my mind whenever I read or hear about such tragedies: first, why do they execute only the woman :rolleyes: ? I swear I never heard of a man who was stoned to death for zina. And second, who put these people in charge? There has to be an official, active Islamic government that is elected before people can commit such acts.

Some primitive cultures need to be thrown and shunned and really stoning was done in the stone ages. By the way, everyone interprets religion to their own advantage and understanding.

However, I don’t agree with some of your views. “Everyone doesn’t interpret religion to their own advantages.” Allah protects his word and we go by the word of Allah which is the Quran. I agree that some people abuse the privilege of having knowledge by tipping the truth slightly for their own ambitions but Allah will deal with them. But you must not call Islamic practices primitive. In Islam this practice is legal but there are conditions to fulfill. Even the Prophet (ppuh) shied away from practicing this kind of killing because it is hard to prove it.

So walaalo your anger is understandable, but Plz don't transgress againts your Diin.

Nephissa   

Well said, GJ & Choco.

the so-called Sunnah was some 1400 years ago. Part of the sunnah is to use camels as transportation and to go to war with swords right? so why do they use cars and Ak47? I heard the shariah was written by some Arabs 100 years or so after the death of the prophet and they had some kind of scholarship called Ijtihad which was meant to elaborate and adjust some edicts? and that continued to some 300 years... how come it didn't go on, so they could get on with the modern world of today? anyways, we live in a modern, civilized and technologically advanced world. Some primitive cultures need to be thrown and shunned and really stoning was done in the stone ages. By the way, everyone interprets religion to their own advantage and understanding.

Acuudubilahi Mina Shaydaani Rajeem. Only the mouth pieces for Satan would say that..

Islam has not changed brother, it's been the same, year after year after year..some faux wadaado have made changes. They wrote their own rules for 'modern' life. That's why we have this history of hurt and pain, killing and death.

By the way, what is it you like about the 'modern world of today' and I'm not refering to advances in medicine, science, and technology?

money   

Thanks sis choc&hon for the advice but I am still mad as hell and sickened to my stomach by this barbarism. I think I don't make sense sometimes to some especially in sensitive and controversial matters like these. I admit that I don't know that much but I am sure that a lot of so-called Muslim fanatics are misusing the religion. We need to be outraged and question this? if not us who will? the gaalo are just appalled and have excuse to belittle and portray our beautiful deen as barbaric and backward.

I bet that some of our so-called Sheikhs and Imams who urge people to do the right thing are doing the wrong thing. As you said who gave these men the authority to dictate? how come they don't practice what they preach and clean their house first before they stone and lash?. Most of the fighters are ex-clan militias who used to loot, rape and commit banditry and adultery. I don't think I called an Islamic practice barbaric. I think that stoning someone to death is un-Islamic and it shouldn't be legal and if it is legal then we need to legalize it or reform it to make it more humane. Punishment is supposed to acceptable humane practice to prevent crime. Why didn't they pardon her or give her more time to think? why the haste? why they always punish the poor, the weak and the women? and not the rich filthy men? All of these so-called sheikhs are in power and control of Kismayo cos of the tax-levies they collect from the port so they could have four wives and abuse people.

money   

what I like of modern world of today is basically what you referred to which is advances in medicine, science,and technology. What I don't like is the use and abuse of these for greed, domination and self-interest. Simple!

Ilaahey unaxariso, I just heard about this, if this act was committed then this is the correct way to deal with it; with both people involved to be punished. Laakin, subhanallah some muslims nowadays think like - money. If they are against the wadaads it is one thing, but to be against the deen, that is another level. If any believer commits adultery they know the punishment, so why should they be spared, the mercy is only with Allah(swt).

Chimera   

As tragic as this particular story is, i don't see how one can justify it being a more important subject of discussion and scrutiny then the multiple cases of ''modern, civilized and technologically advanced'' Tomahawks and 1000lb bombs being dropped on Somali soil killing scores of women,children,men and elders

why did everybody close their eyes then and play dumb?

The Somali Political Landscape is truly a club of retards and shaytaans

Ashkiro   

Salams Money, I think you arguments are interesting, minus some references but overall I like your thought process walaal. Lets be aware we don't know all the facts, I had heard last night about this case, as evident the woman had to been married due to the punishment she recieved, and according to some there was a man involved whom testified against the victim. Allah knows best!

Here's an interesting article that deals with some of the points you raised, haven't read it in great detail or know who the author is, just found the information informative.

http://islam21.net/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=112&Itemid=40

Speaking about stoning, the Quran, the ultimate book of islamic guidance does not mention stoning as punishment for any crime, so it's not as clear cut as people are making it here.

Stoning mentality ill women, destroying old churches, attacking and killing innocents is a clear indication that these so called wadaads are out of their minds.