Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

How was ur eid like??

Aaliyyah   

Hello y’all was just wondering what you guys did on Eid?....I'm being a bit nosy aren't I? ;)

As for me:

1- I went to pray salatu eid at 10:00

2- I had lunch with family members and relatives.

3- Took my lil sister out to Chuck E.Cheese.

4- I had dinner at my friend’s house with couple of my friends.

that is pretty much it…..

wa salaamu alaikum

I killed a chicken. It was unintentional. And I had to wait thirty minutes outside the mosque but once inside, found the mosque was uncarpented (newest and largest mosque in New England apparently not ready for prayer services). Well obviously, I had no Sali, so I stole somebody's jacket and used as prayer rug. Would that be a Danbi? I was technically using the stolen jacket to do good deed and then returning to it's owner whose wasn't all too pleased that he misplaced his jacket, but was grateful that good Muslim brother found his jacket. And I was like "glad I could help my brother".

Anyway, then I went to IHOP to get breakfast with nieces and nephews. The whole place was overflowing with Somali families and other families, young kids running around and parents talking. After that I just went home, and rested while talking to good friends.

chubacka   

^^^ haha "glad I could help my brother".!!!

Went to pray at 11, came home ate, waited for family to come and eat...went to gathering at my sisters new hse an got told off by neighbours for making too much noise.

seriously it was only 8:30 blooming oaps an i used to like dem.

Salaam, I just stayed home. I had plans but you know Somalis; plans and Somalis are polar opposites. :rolleyes: Anyway, I ended up spending the day all to myself. It was nice alhamdulilah. No buuq at home for once.

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Hello y’all was just wondering what you guys did on Eid?....I'm being a bit nosy aren't I?
;)

As for me:

1- I went to pray salatu eid at 10:00

2- I had lunch with family members and relatives.

3- Took my lil sister out to Chuck E.Cheese.

4- I had dinner at my friend’s house with couple of my friends.

that is pretty much it…..

wa salaamu alaikum

looooooooool ,,, why all is about food except the prayers ?? :D:D

as for me, i was sleeping the whole freaking day .....

Ms DD   

I wasnt feeling too great. I didnt even go to pray. I stayed home all day. Inshallah next Eid. I am hoping to celebrate in a muslim country.

Aaliyyah   

^^I hope u'r doing well now insha allah.

Cambaro, there is nothing better than celeberating eid with fellow Muslims in a muslim country. Insha allah I will move to dubai when am done with my studies.

Jaceel that is what you should do in eid enjoy yr time with yr family n friends n eat as much as possible to make up for fasting 30 days. ;)

here u were sleeping n missing all that fun icon_razz.gif

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

You pray Eid prayers at 10 a.m? isn't that late?

Back to the topic...

I woke up for Fajar prayers before Eid prayers...had a tea and couple of samoosas with my friends at this Somali restaurant then came back home and called Aabo and the rest of the family in Cairo...said Eid Mubarak to them and I was off to the mosque as we pray at 07:00am here and one would be advised to be there before 06:30 am which is exactly what I did and after prayers I put on my Eid clothes...my yellow shirt...green shorts and red sneakers, pink socks with white belt and white hat and my sunglasses and everybody was staring at me...

I'm sure they were impressed with my unique taste and eye for fashion and it was time to make money with my friends and if my memory serves me well we made enough to buy us ice creams and candy and balloons and plastic soccer ball...after that we discussed about which Zab or Allah bari we should attend after midday prayers but one friend reminded us that we should first discuss about breakfast before we do lunch and we were lucky to meet the Imaam of the mosque who asked us to come along to his home for breakfast...

I'm afraid the Imaam had only half chapati the rest were devoured by us including the 4 flasks of tea and two jars of milk and when he went to the kitchen to see if his wife had some spare food for him...we disappeared before even saying Shukran.

Then it was time to discuss which Zab we should attack next and which one had more meat and milk on offer and which family were generous enough to let us fill our plastic bags for take away and after serious discussion we finally reached an agreement and we decided to go to this family and we had a ball...that would best describe it...because the rice was delicious, there was moos everywhere, juice and Ohhhhh the meat...man...what a meat...what a meat...and we had more than 5 glasses of camel milk each and on top of that they gave us xalwo and cookies and 5 bucks each which was more than we ever expected...

I came back home and decided to relax a little while since I had a Ramadan cup final soccer match to play in couple of hours and I begged my stomach to digest those cunto quickly...I couldn't even stand upright and I could sleep neither on my back nor on my sideand and i had to lay on the ground...the cold floor offered me solace but before I knew it, it was time to go and I was off to the grounds.

15 minutes into the match we scored a goal and the goal scorer felt he had to celebrate with me since I gave him a good pass but I knew I had to steer clear otherwise all hell will break loose and that's exactly what happened...he jumped on me and since the guy was stocky (the new term used for fat sportsmen) and believe me when I tell you this guy would make BIG PUN look like a super model...I tried to flee but unfortunately I tripped and fell on my back and that's when he jumped on me...his belly on my (not that small) belly and I let go...when I say I let go...I mean LITERALLY...

anyway that's how my Eid day went...but don't despair my people...at least we managed to win the cup the second year running...!

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

My Dearest Sister Cambaro...I hope you're feeling well now Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ms DD   

Wa aleykum salaam brother Bob.

I am well now Alhamdulilaah. Xalwada ayaan iska badiyey..according to my hubby. One can never have too much xalwo.

I am glad you enjoyed eid in your gladrags. And congrats for winning the Ramadan cup.

Ms DD   

Wa aleykum salaam brother Bob.

I am well now Alhamdulilaah. Xalwada ayaan iska badiyey..according to my hubby. One can never have too much xalwo.

I am glad you enjoyed eid in your gladrags. And congrats for winning the Ramadan cup.

N.O.R.F   

Why are eid prayers at 9am or 10am in the west but only 1hr after Fajar elsewhere?

We had a busy first day but was quiet after that. First day back at work today. No more 6 hr days and afternoon naps.

Aaliyyah   

Eid clothes...my yellow shirt...green shorts and red sneakers, pink socks with white belt and white hat and my sunglasses and everybody was staring at me...

walahi wa yabana kan ma sidan u ulabisna maalin ciid ilaa aan gartay in aad soccer match leedahay.... ;)

pray Eid prayers at 10 a.m? isn't that late?

In the local mosque in here they were suppose to have two prayers. The first prayer at 9:30 a.m. and the second prayer at 10:00 a.m..

But, they were waiting the mosque to be filled, and they ended up praying the first prayer at 10:00 a.m., and the second one after that.

wa salaamu alaikum

ps. congratulations for winning the Ramadan Cup...