GureyX

What do we allude to when we say Somali traditions and customs.

GureyX   

Has anyone visited back home? What did you notice? I've been there once and as far as i could see, most lived by Islamic customs. I also noticed, there was  a qabil custom where if someone from other qabil was killed, let's say in a car accident, everyone from the offenders qabil supported by paying some amount of money to the relatives of the victim.

Haatu   

There are many Somali traditions and customs. As a Muslim people, a lot of them have an Islamic basis, but there are many unique to Somalis. For example, ninka waa in uu talada tolkiis u hogaansamaa, i.e. you must defer to the will of your clan. If you want to do something but your clan tells you not to do it, it is ceeb (shameful) for a grown man to go against the will of his clan. Also, when we eat, the oldest person puts their hand into the food first and then the rest begin. There are many customs that you will notice if you look closely.