Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Pretty Boy qarxiis me!!!

Modesty   

So, I happened to meet this "pretty" somali guy at the mall. He was extremely handsome, and he seemed to be smooth in his manners, and he had good ettiquettes, anyways, we chatted, and he shopped with me alittle. So surprisingly I find out he lives near my area, and he called me up to go out. Anyways, I don't know what happened but the 'pretty' boy turned out to be a shallow hal (except he was somali).There was a point he got out the car walked over to some girl and got want looked like her number, and he started telling me about how all the girls want him because he doesn't act like a regular somali guy. To make matters worst, he tells me to pay for my coffee, and when i told him no way , that I was raised for men paying for me, he left my **** in the street, I had to call my friend to pick me up. I'm not mad, i'm glad i got this experience, and I hope girls can get experience from what happened to me, that was the biggest qarxiis of my weekend!

STOIC   

I couldn't help but laugh (pardon me)at your experience.Lets hope you gained some erudition that will help you in your future dating game.If a girl did that to me, i would have immediately told my Doctor to prescribe ZOLOFT(antidepressant) for me-i am kidding!.

Pujah   

^^you should have paid for your coffee and start chating up with the gay guy behind the counter....have you noticed, all the guys that work at starbucks are so damnnnnnn hot but they all turn out to be gay..

Anywho he was shallow....but whats the big deal about paying your half

Qac Qaac   

I was gonna comment on this, but i realized is about dating... who pays for who.. well sorry for ur jab.. i can't believe it u r sharing this..

Modesty, hun I do feel for you! Some may say that "there's nothing wrong about a girl paying her way"! Well, I'd say that's true once you're good friends with a guy, you can split it in half or pay for each other in turns. However, when it's a first date, that's a completely different issue! Surely, it's only gentlemanly that he pays?

I once went on a date with a guy to a fairly pricey Thai restaurant and the same thing happened! He wanted us to split the bill in half when he'd ordered a starter too as well as lots more drinks than me! The W*****!! :D

My response was to pretend that my sister had called, so I walked out of the restaurant and made way straight for the underground! Lol! That's what I call just deserts, what do you girls think?! smile.gif

Modesty,

First, let me laugh: HA HA HA HA...!

Second, you didn't really embarrass yourself over a cup of coffee, did you? FOR SHAME!

Third, Mac sonkor! :D:D:D

:eek:

What is wrong with u girls? Do you want eqaulity or not? :mad: You should offer to pay for it all in such circumstances. Infact, if he is not very quick to pull out the purse, pay for it immediately... show off that you're truly independent and loaded. :D

STOIC   

The cost of the first date should be split between the two parties-you guys are strangers to each other anyway!.I know in an ideal world where men are expected to be the "gentlemen" they are supposed to foot the bill but don't you think this would hurt the "independent" woman self-esteem?

lol   

Modesty :D I couldn't help but remember my own ordeal sis... this is wat happened...

I met this absolute hunk in a somali party back in Mpls.. all the girls I mean literally ran after him but absurdly he went for me, a tomboy who wore nothing but a washed out jeans, a t-shirt and a baseball cap... anyways... After chatting with him on the fone for wat seemed to be a week, we went out on our first date.

He took me to an italian restaurant up in downtown Mpls..I think it was called Bocca...I am not sure if it still exists.. The brotha said he would order for me... I found this time be romantic at the time.. given dat no man ever dared to be this confident..so I said sure with a big smile.

He order me a meal with shrimps ( don't recall the name).. and as soon as I heard the shrimp part being the Maryooleey am said, nope thanks I don't eat shrimp.. wat seemed to be a simple order turned out to be the biggest dilemma of the restaurant's history....he just kept on insisting that I have it and I kept on saying.. I don't eat and I don't plan to try it ever...the look of it... disgusts... anyways.. he then hands me the menu and I end up choosing... Alfredo fettuccine with grilled salmon..... we went to the mall for a movie. The brotha just kept on watching himself on the side mirrors each and every one of them... I stood tehre watching.. wondering what in the world got me here.. At last I heard wat i was affraid of, " I look Good".. and that did it.. I told him I had headache and didn't really want to see a movie, and that I wanted to go home.. he took me home... expecting a good nite kiss.. I smiled got out of the car and said, " Loose my name and my number"....dat was it.. He was a true gentleman though he never called again :D

So that was the lesson I learnt from ever considering a good looking guy... now I am more into the personality and how the person carries himself, than his looks.. pretty boys... I pass by the,, appreciate them frm afar not never consider dating them :D

Pujah   

Originally posted by Enchantment:

:eek:

What is wrong with u girls? Do you want eqaulity or not? :mad: You should offer to pay for it all in such circumstances. Infact, if he is not very quick to pull out the purse, pay for it immediately... show off that you're truly independent and loaded.
:D

Right on Enchanty

:D

dawoco   

lol@modesty that is one original experience you got yourself there!

lol, shoulda dumped ur coffee on his lap b4 he got a chance to leave, woulda made him an instant uncle :D

Bess.   

that is why u should never date "shallow hals"...even if they r somali....brains over beauty....gurls... ;) ...sometimes u r lucky like me and u get both.... :D

Aux   

Enchantment bal kalaay ingiriska iso tuus hadaad loaded tahaay. Weli inan afka igo gurta man araag. Loooooooooool Wallahi am laughing writing this. Hayaaaaaay :D

Rahima   

What is wrong with u girls? Do you want eqaulity or not? You should offer to pay for it all in such circumstances. Infact, if he is not very quick to pull out the purse, pay for it immediately... show off that you're truly independent and loaded.

As i was thinking. I never really get it with us sisters.

Double standards and contradictions seem to be the norm nowadays.

Modesty, men like that most probably will not get much done. They seem to be too consumed with themselves, so be grateful you saw the signs early ;) .