Old_Observer

How far is too far? Albania: monument to GW Bush, Hillary Clinton, Trump park and citizen..endless list

https://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/resurrection-mek-albania-252417806

Honouring Bush and Trump

Between 2013 and 2016, at the behest of the US, several thousand MEK members were relocated from their former base in Iraq to Albania. Now, the MEK presides over a sprawling, heavily fortified camp not far from the Albanian capital of Tirana.

But why Albania? Simply put, it’s not that difficult for the global superpower to twist the arm of a small and often overlooked country that was, until the 1990s, isolated on the world stage, and that is now eager to make up for lost time by ingratiating itself with empire.

Albanians look at a statue of former US President George W Bush unveiled in Fushe-Kruje on 6 July 2011 (AFP)

For proof of eagerness, one need look no further than Tirana’s George W Bush Street (which I myself have had the dubious honour of visiting), the George W Bush statue in the village of Fushe-Kruje, or the Hillary Clinton statue in Sarande.

The city of Kamez boasts a boulevard named after US President Donald Trump, who has also been named an honorary citizen - a totally logical move in a Muslim-majority country vis-a-vis a Muslim-banning US president.

Late Israeli war criminal Shimon Peres has managed to occupy some urban Albanian space, too, with a memorial unveiled in Tirana this year. 

In the past, Albania also contributed to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as to America’s extraordinary rendition schemes, and was described as a “dumping ground” for victims released from the US offshore penal colony known as Guantanamo Bay. 

Albania was an Italian colony.

Nobody comes close to Albania in untrustworthy.

No wonder Turkey has more reliable and dignified friendship with Serbia than with Albania.

The country cannot be EU member. EU has now given up. The corruption, Mafiosoness, human trafficking, drug traficking arms traficking...is beyond acceptable even for NATO of which Albania is one of best spots.

galbeedi   

They went too far with the Sharon thing, but i understand their logic of every thing American.

With help of America, the Kosovo Albanians became independent state after that province was carved out  from Serbia. 90% of the population was ethnic Albanians, and when they rose up against former war criminal Milosevic, he massacred them by hundreds. 

They were saved by the Clinton and NATO intervention of 1998. Also, it was Clinton and America who helped stop the Bosnian genocide while Europe watched. With the Russians allied with Serbia, the Albanians need an ally. In those years, Turkey didn't have the geopolitical power to protect them or even help them to fend off the Serbs and their former Yugoslav army.

For those reasons , Albania joined NATO and became strong allies of America. They still have good relations with Turkey, but in order to survive in the Balkans they are allying with America. I perfectly understand that.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:55 PM, galbeedi said:

Albania and Kosovo are two Albanian states in the Balkans  today. they also have significant minority in Macedonia.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:52 PM, galbeedi said:

They went too far with the Sharon thing, but i understand their logic of every thing American.

With help of America, the Kosovo Albanians became independent state after that province was carved out  from Serbia. 90% of the population was ethnic Albanians, and when they rose up against former war criminal Milosevic, he massacred them by hundreds. 

They were saved by the Clinton and NATO intervention of 1998. Also, it was Clinton and America who helped stop the Bosnian genocide while Europe watched. With the Russians allied with Serbia, the Albanians need an ally. In those years, Turkey didn't have the geopolitical power to protect them or even help them to fend off the Serbs and their former Yugoslav army.

For those reasons , Albania joined NATO and became strong allies of America. They still have good relations with Turkey, but in order to survive in the Balkans they are allying with America. I perfectly understand that.

That is correct, but some self respect is necessary.

Trump is not that interested, but for Israel.

The whole Balkan strategy was based on Globalism, which is already half dead project.

If there is a coup in France or major regime change in Germany and Britain Globalism will be totally dead. Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Hungary are half way out of the Globalists.

BTW Albania is run by kind of federation of tribal chiefs. Moslems will have better success in Macedonia than Kosovo. The British and French are already hesitating about Kosovo.

galbeedi   

Finally, Mr. OO,

you really showed your colors. Times and again , despite my political observation, I become gullible like the average person. I thought lately , you were somehow one of those from Jigjigs. My bad, as our kids say these days.

Albania is a vibrant country that rising economically and Kosovo is doing fine. Yet, for the AXumite Tigray , their best hope for the Albanians are found only in Orthodox run Macedonia. The Balkan Muslims had always done well. Sarajevo, Tuzla, Tirana and many cities between them had always  thrived and will do well.

TIlamook was right .

5 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Finally, Mr. OO,

you really showed your colors. Times and again , despite my political observation, I become gullible like the average person. I thought lately , you were somehow one of those from Jigjigs. My bad, as our kids say these days.

Albania is a vibrant country that rising economically and Kosovo is doing fine. Yet, for the AXumite Tigray , their best hope for the Albanians are found only in Orthodox run Macedonia. The Balkan Muslims had always done well. Sarajevo, Tuzla, Tirana and many cities between them had always  thrived and will do well.

TIlamook was right .

Tillamook is like a toy gun that fires in all directions. Don't make a mistake in looking only one direction. Be it AI, Bot, Tigray...there is something everyday when not having a decent argument.

All the success you mentioned are Turkish investments in Telecommunications, Iron and Steel industries and Electricity generation like hydro plants.

How much the Albanians are loyal between their EU and Turkey remains to be seen. So far Albanians and Moslems in Bosnia, Macedonia are close to Turkey. Kosovo is not and Albanians as you can see with naming their country streets and parks after any American are not reliable.