Sign in to follow this  
Nefertiti

Lack of...?

Dear Nomads, one beautiful afternoon when I had nothing to do (for I collect wellfare and do not have a job) I let my mind wander and, all of a sudden, found myself wondering about the world. It seems to me that the world, and its inhabitants, are sorely lacking in...well, practically everything! The world is lacking in space, a decent envirnoment, etc. People are lacking...well, I dont have that much time.

To cut a long story short (although I'm sure you'd love to hear it) I find myself on a desperate search of information...about you! Tell me, what do you lack? What do you find yourself in dire shortage of? What makes you one short of a dozen? What is your missing cabbage in the salad? (okay, I sound like Ann Robinson from Weakest link now...UK will know).

Please do a charitable act and elevate my boredom and give me something to gossip about...

WHAT DO YOU LACK???

Disclaimer: No profanities or "lacking in size" ;) please.

Well, since I'm perfect in almost every way, I was hard pressed to find something I lack...but I suffered and toiled and lost sleep and weight and my hair and had to take some Prozac to stay awake so I could finally think of something....so...brace yourselves...

I lack the component that enables me to make up my mind!

Sound familiar, Nefertiti?

Salma   

I Lack the etiquette of staying in touch with my friends,relatives and colleagues :confused: and that's really causing me troubles.

My aunts, uncles, cousins, all the da relatives keep shouting on me coz I don't answer their emails, calls, SMS, letters or postcards. My friends are fid up with me.

Yesterday i took a long lecture from my Aunt, she kept cursing my mobile coz I don't answer her calls & messages and its very rare when i answer her.

What to do? I think i should hire a secretary or a Tele.Operator :D

I lack the lack of interest of genuine matters of existential and philosophical merit that most people lack the knowledge that they are lacking as they commence to enquire as to what other persons lack. Now this lack of interest is something many people at first do not lack, however, it is possible to lack this lack of interest in some such topics should such desire to lack this lack be sincerely desired. Thusly, you ought to perform some introspection and find what you so described as "desperate information": the wish to discover the what others lack so as to eliminate the lack of knowledge of what others lack; only now, this information will be about "you". What do you lack and why do you lack that which you lack?

Originally posted by Mutakalim:

Lack lack lack lack lack lack etc.

You my friend, have just opened a universe-shaped box of questions.

I lack the ability to do something about the things I care about. I look at what's going on in the world, I see the blatant corruption of a each-man-for-his-own culture, I see the ruthless destruction of our environment but aren't allowed to do anything about it, because I don't hold a citizenship in the countries in which said destruction is taking place. I lack the power or perhaps the confidence and determination to do something about it.

I lack a sense of reality. I believe in people even when they don't warrant any such belief. I think all people are inherently good, and that the world is a magical place, where the fantastical stuff movies are made of, really exists in the world.

I lack money, and thus the freedom to do the things I want.

I lack Somali friends, who share at least some of my interests.

I lack common sense when it comes to finances. If I see a pair of shoes, I will not care about whether my family will go hungry the next day, I will buy those shoes.

I lack any great serious problems. Problems, people often tell me, that would make me stronger. Nonetheless, it's a blessing I thank God for every day.

I lack the confidence to sing in the middle of the street with my coma-inducing bad voice, just because I feel like it.

I lack the maternal instincts that make me want to be a mother.

At the moment, the most important thing I lack = Diet Coke Lemon. Argh!

When i read the question nothing jumped to mind...Did i not lack anything!! Then it hit me, i didn't lack anything that mattered to me...Yeah i am short on money, patience, etc...But those things were of no importance to me in long run...I had what I wanted and was essential to me for example the love of family, friends, healthy mind and body, and desire for life and living...So to answer this question, i lack nothing...Or more accuratly nothing I need...bee bye

Mutakilam dear, I get the sense that you lack the lack of lacking....get it?!

Rising Phoenix...All I gotta say is YA ALLAH !!!

XU, I lack any sort of common sense when it comes to SHOES, which is really worrying.... I think :confused:

Jacaylbaro love thy self before loving others...in other words try some self loving... ;)

Classique, I exactly know the feeling... I never call a family member apart from my immediate kins and I also try to ignore them in public, bloody people!

AND OH...Like many people I also lack MONEEEEY.

:(:(

Warmoog   

I have many shortcomings, but I sometimes worry about a specific one of them because it has the greatest potential to alter the direction of my life when compared to the others. It has to do with being a leader. It’s not that I lack whatever courage, competence, or skills it might take to be a leader either. I lack the desire to lead.

Based on past experiences, being in a position of leadership always becomes a massive burden that I end up detesting innumerably, but I still manage to endure it until the task or endeavor is brought to an appropriate end. I think it has something do with me being the finicky, perfectionist type. I enjoy being on my own and working independently, but I hate the responsibility for other people (and their mistakes) that leadership always manages to place on my lap.

Don't mind me Nefertiti, I'm just unloading my worries at your doorstep...

Damn, where’s Dr. Phil when you need him?