Sign in to follow this  
sMiLeY

Makes You Wonder

sMiLeY   

well.........yesterday me and my friend were in a Somali resturant.........we were talking about everything in life............. and in the middle of our conversation, he pointed out something i never thought about b4............. he was like look around and check every table......... then he asked what was missing from the picture?.......... it was obvious that there were no males in the picture.............when i looked at most tables there were mothers with their children..............except one table beside us........... there was actually a male ............BUT the kid was calling the man abti ( therefore it wasn't his father)............He also asked me to remember other creek, italian, and arab resturants we've been to ..........most of the families were complete........... i mean u see a father, a mother and children.............

Well what's the problem with are community???????

Is it that our divorce rate is very high that u hardly see a complete family?.......... Or is that the fathers don't like spending time with their children? but instead they spend it with their qabiil members and friends in coffee shops........

Good point..........i mean in most cases the fathers (for what ever reasons) are not even in the same country as there spouse and children

Bambina   

Wazzzzzuuuup guyzzz I often ask myself wy it's impossible to find both parents at a gatherin wit their children or wy just the women come to a country without their husbands.I mean wy marry bother to marry someone if u know dat person is not gonna help u through hard times?Where r all the somali fathers?Sumtimes I think they dont even care about their families or maybe they think dat being wit their children outside the house is acting like white ppl.If u have different explanations for dat plz feel free to comment.

LadyMo   

I always used to wonder bout dis too.

When I was little my mum would take us to Kindergarten before she went to work in de mornings and my dad would pick us up in de afternoon when he came back from work.

My mum used to take me to all my parents evenings and my dad used to take my lil sis.

I think dis was because I was de tomboy (I had to be coz I had to protect my lil sis at all times- na'mean) & would always get in trouble, my dad wud always say if sum1 says sumthin racist to u, dont look left dont look right punch them right between the eye!

(dats why I was always in trouble)

But my mum on de other hand, boy o boy she'd go crazy if she heard I'd been fightin again, she used to say - naa ma wiil baad tahay! :rolleyes: and wats even worse she would give me de silent treatment-dats horrible I tell u!

Wheneva we used to go out as a family my mums beeper would always go off so she had to leave regardless of where she was! Dad only had Sundays for us coz he used to sleep on Saturdays

(after a long week at work) and mum well she only had de public holidays and even then she mite have to run away.

The only time we were all together were when there was special family parties at our place for example sum1's walqal or afaartan-bax or if sum1 was havin a mehr. Ooh and sumtimes if mum came back early we'd all hav snacks together b4 bed.