maakhiri1

Dhismihii iyo Mashaariicdii KACAANKA

11 minutes ago, Tallaabo said:

Depopulating the North was not the only answer. He could have resettled the nomads along the coast and then introduced to them a lifestyle where they fished while supplementing their income with their nomadic tradition and also a bit of farming in the mix. 

During the recent drought, I watched to an old  man in Burco, he said, "ABAARTANI waxay nagu khasabtey in kalluun cuno", Waa fahmi karta sida ay u adag tahay ummad in dhaqankeeda la bedelo, haduu khaldan yahay.

Did any SOMALI region plan now for the coming drought , as it will come, and it is cycle?

Tallaabo   
9 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

During the recent drought, I watched to an old  man in Burco, he said, "ABAARTANI waxay nagu khasabtey in kalluun cuno", Waa fahmi karta sida ay u adag tahay ummad in dhaqankeeda la bedelo, haduu khaldan yahay.

😁 For the nomads eating kalluun is like eating creepy crawlies. It is "beneath them". I guess farming is also anathema for the nomad given that only a fraction of the starving population volunteered to move to the south and the east coast. They probably preferred to die a nomad whilst waiting for the rain to come than become southern farmers or fishermen.