Sign in to follow this  
England girl

London clubs

Shirwac   

Just 'cause someone goes to a club doesn't mean that he/she will do bad things in there. I think some clubs are better than most Somali parties. In clubs you are not going to see a 60 in "dirac" or a 50 year old taxi driver trying to hook -up with a 22 year old.

If your belive in Allah alone doesn't stop you from doing bad things, then by all means enjoy your life to the max and don't worry about what people...F-em. They are not paying for your food, cloth and clubing money. :D

LoL.

NG....apparently, you haven't been to a Somali party for a good while (wot, 10yrs? 20? C'mon!).

Last I knew, there wasn't much difference between bona fide clubbing (without faaraxs trying to molest you) and 'somali' clubbing (with faaraxs definitely molesting you... "wot xaliimo..u think you are too good for a brotha? biatch...u'll prolly give it up to me in a blink if I was an adoon..blah blah blah" - goddamed saqajaamiin :mad: ).

Like anything else, the three rules of partying at Somali dens is 1)wear as little as possible, 2)put your nose up in the air as much as possible, 3)know your niiko/whining. :rolleyes:

England Girl,

Leicester Square is probably the best place to explore if you're into the clubbing scene.

England Chick, there are LOADS of clubs @ west end as ^^^ Zephy told you.. all you gotta do is google for it but i'll tell you one of my favourites

For hiphop RNB etc check out Barrumba

nice vibe and on the 22 Sep you could catch Ms Dynamite performing there...about somali riwaydo and raves forget about it they lame..

Castro   

Originally posted by Aeronwen:

Like anything else, the three rules of partying at Somali dens is
1)
wear as little as possible,
2)
put your nose up in the air as much as possible,
3)
know your niiko/whining. :rolleyes:

Aeronwen, it matters not how thinly clad a xaliimo is as long as she's unable (or unwilling) to niiko.

LoL...... i enjoyed reading your replies, thanx to all of you!

And to the men giving the advice, thanx. But a) I actually don't drink really, as my body thinks most of it is poison to it. b) even thou I go out, It doesn't mean I let anyone disresect me (I aint no piece of meat and I don't let men treat me like one).

The only reason I go out is for my love of music, and meeting friendly down to earth people.

I'd love to go to an Ede party, but I can't just gatecrash, lol!

Club going is a phase, you’ll soon realize that its better to invite a group of your friends and blast your stereo in your basement, because that’s what clubs are.

However, if you decide to go remember that drinks are expensive, and I’m not only talking about alcohol, I’m talking about a water bottle costing you 6 bucks, and not to mention the fights, especially nowadays you can get shot accidentally – and that is not a pleasant place to be exiting from in transit to the preliminary interrogations of this universe.

But if you feel like going, see for yourself – who knows your might like it or hate it.

Laba-X   

"Stick to your traditions and preserve your honour and dignity by going to Somali parties (hoyo would most likely approve). Besides, instead of wasting your money in Club Rumba, All Nations (is that still open, old Londoners?) or Moonlight, why not give it to Xassan Adan Samatar, Khadra Dhahir or Saado Cali? You know it makes sense."

Ngonge, Have you ever been to Any somali Parties? Eid Parties i mean such as Samatar, Saado, Juba, etc..?

I wonder how she would be perserving her honour and Dignity by ging to Somali Parties, which are more or less the same as any rave in Ministry of Sound or Bar Rumba but with exorbitant prices!

It is indeed sad to see people fast away for an entire month and spoil all their Ajar on the last day!

Armz_23   

I totally couldn't agree more raganimo.i strongly believe that we should be a littlebit wiser and strongly recommend the sister to go back to her root, by actually directing her to these so-called "ruwaayad" (which i totally believe that is a same as poppling in a niteclub/rave.

Originally posted by Gediid:

quote:Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

I assume you are not familiar with Soomaali culture. Most Soomaalis do not go to club and those few who do won't flaunt it, especially on here, dear.

Welkam to the forum.

Do u honestly want us to blv that you have never seen the inside of a club back in your day,swayed your hips to Kool n the Gangs Tonite,held hands under the moon with the sound of Joanna blaring from you old 124,scrippled the lyrics of shes fresh on ur womans notebook...Come on odey I'm sure you have had ur day in the sun,let the young sister have hers......
;)

Hey If it was upto me I would not only point her in the rite direction but I would show her where its popping...
;)
Of course, back in the day at Curuba and swinging with Shimaali's songs, I don't consider those to be "clubbing," mind you. :D

Seriously, waraa, I wasn't even that geesi (ciyaal maamo birimo, sugunto, iyo teerso waliba) enough to venture past Dabka to the West and Suuqa Bakaaraha to the East. Those were my neighbourly boundaries as far as I could go, adigana club aan aadi jiray ayaaba i leedahay.