Sign in to follow this  
England girl

London clubs

Hey what clubs in london does anyone in here go to?

Are any of you into drum and base, hip hop and rnb?

......I'm thinking of going out in lieciester square (area) sometime soon, and wondering if there are any nightclubs you can find alot of somalis at!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

she know's all that bro.

just want's to create a small drama,in wich she is the lead actor. and some maskiin like u, gives her some good advice, ans someone else insults her, and the rest of the ppl take sides.

she's probably bored, and just want's to see ppl fired up.

: just an observation

this is the club home gal! it goes from la to bangkok, to melbourne to johonnesburg to london town back to big mudhisho! we bang all nite long! so whats you deal!

do u wanna skank! hit us back!! :confused:

Kashafa   

England Girl,

In case you do go out, Keep your eyes peeled for Shaykh Shaq and Akh Brothaman. They're expanding their party-crashing gig. Goin' worldwide with it. :D . They're cool tho. No fire-and-brimstone here. For the ladies, it's all Ukhtii this and Ukhtii that. Straight shooters too. Expect a "So Ukhtii, what's your Wali's number". :cool:

Gediid   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

I assume you are not familiar with Soomaali culture. Most Soomaalis do not go to club and those few who do won't flaunt it, especially on here, dear.

Welkam to the forum.

Do u honestly want us to blv that you have never seen the inside of a club back in your day,swayed your hips to Kool n the Gangs Tonite,held hands under the moon with the sound of Joanna blaring from you old 124,scrippled the lyrics of shes fresh on ur womans notebook...Come on odey I'm sure you have had ur day in the sun,let the young sister have hers...... ;)

Hey If it was upto me I would not only point her in the rite direction but I would show her where its popping... ;)

Baluug   

So why aren't u showing her then?LOL is MMA that old?Maaan that would be some sh*t,seeing a fellow nomad dressed up in their 80's best...Kinda look like Charlie Murphy on Chappelle show when he was talking about Rick James...Now that was a jerri curl!!

England girl,sorry I can't help ya...A little thing called "I don't live in UK,I live in Canada"...but someone'll tell ya

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

I assume you are not familiar with Soomaali culture. Most Soomaalis do not go to club and those few who do won't flaunt it, especially on here, dear.

Welkam to the forum.

loooooooooolllllllllll ahh fundametal truths i see cast in stone, then baked in iron, plated with lead, with tin painted on and just to be on the safe side glazed with steel.

Originally posted by da girl

I been bought with white english parents...so please give me some slack

come on girl, thats no excuse! these are fundamental truths, inbuilt to your genes from the way back. In the time of the first clubs (during the neolithic age) our forefathers said, "somalis, NO! we're too skinny for that!" and headed back to their camel caravans.

clubs in london, sorry sweet i'm too old far that now, i'm liable to break sweat! though the london jazz cafe is a good venue for gigz and funky music. Anyhow, da young blu'd and youf' in da manor fill us in on where we should be 'cotchin.

Foxy   

There are loads of places to hang out, depending on what sorta music U fancy or crowd....

Try the Bar Rumba. they play all sorts...thursdays...is mainly known for Drum & base....they also play hip R&B and Old funky soul Music as well....not to mention Salsa music and a funky House music......Worth checkin it out...They do especail guest DJ's most week ends as well

cheers

PS they do host comedy clubs as well which kinda kick starts your evening ....

NGONGE   

How wayward are our young these days? I thought Somalis were over nightclubs, fashion shows and all that nonsense. All this was back in the early days when Somalis were aimless, confused and (most of them) new in these lands.

We have evolved since. We now know that clubs are the dens of evil, fornication and alcohol. We know it’s wrong to have Somali fashion shows and ogle at bikini clad girls or half-naked boys.

Take my brotherly advice and don’t go to any of these nightclubs, my young sister. You say that you were brought up by white parents (and a good job they did I am sure). However, this is why you sadly missed out on some genuine Somali schooling and advice. You have to drop the Western ways and come back to your people, sister. Why go to a Western nightclub where non-Somalis will try to chat you up, feel you up or even spike your apple juice?

Listen to my advice and do what most Somalis do. In a month’s time we will celebrate the End of Ramadan and after all our hard work and fasting, it will be time for us to celebrate. There is bound to be at least three Somali parties taking place somewhere in town. Some of our best artists and singers will be there. Go to one of these parties, sister. They will have Somali music, they’ll have R&B and they’ll even have Drum &Base (lucky you’re not a rock chick, eh?).

Go to one of these parties and you can walk in and out with your head up high. You will not have to sneak in like you do in nightclubs. You will not have to worry about your brother, cousin or next door neighbour seeing you there (and if any of them are there, they are not likely to mind anyway). This is a Somali party and no sane Somali is likely to stop you from going to such a party. It’s Eid after all and a girl got to celebrate.

Somali mothers would all faint and pretend to be suffering from cardiac arrests if they ever hear that one of their daughters went to a nightclub. So girls, don’t kill your mothers. Stick to your traditions and preserve your honour and dignity by going to Somali parties (hoyo would most likely approve). Besides, instead of wasting your money in Club Rumba, All Nations (is that still open, old Londoners?) or Moonlight, why not give it to Xassan Adan Samatar, Khadra Dhahir or Saado Cali? You know it makes sense.

PS

Smoking or open consumption of alcohol will still be frowned upon even in Somali parties. Better hide that one, boys and girls. Better still, quit these despicable habits. It’s not good for you, you know.