Sign in to follow this  
lulla

Beauty secrets....................

Modesty   

Firstlady I cut my hair due to influence from Halle Barry's style. I just to it to a salon, this eriterian girl hooked me up.Of course I covered it up, but it eventually grew to a small ponytail.Advice:Take it to Salon!

Malika, girl what bad experience did ur girl had with lemond face cream? PM me if u can sis..4reals..thanx.

Modesta,,,sis i did get my hair cut short in the solan. It's growing...but went of the Helly Barey style and didn't reach ponytail yet....lol. :D . so any hair tips.

asalaamu alaykum,

Wow this topic has to be most useful topic I've come across in the women's section! Well today is my first day on SOL so i dont' know how accurate that statment is smile.gif Unfortunetly I'm not done reading all the posts so I hope I'm not repeating what anyone said.

Ok here's my beauty secrets, if you can call it that:

Face: I wash with st ives apercot scrub (only once a day though u don't want to be scrubbing your skin away), and because i have a tendency to break out durring the summer I use Clean and Clear acne controle. After that I use, and I know many of you love this, COCOA BUTTER! I'm telling you this does wonders for your skin. It does leave your skin very oily but you can get around this by leaving it on for a few minutes and then using baby poweder, on your face to dry it out. The good thing about this is that later on when you're in school/work and you have to make wudu the powder will wash off but your skin won't be dry nor will it be shiny. If you run out of baby poweder you can just rinse the cream off after you've let it absorb into your face.

What else? Hmm... oh! there's vaseline, the answer to everything. If the palms of your hand get dry frequently as mine, try this... b4 you go to bed at night, put on massive amount of vaseline on your hands and slip on plastic gloves (or freezer bag will do). You can do the same with your feet. NOTE: do not do this during the summer as it can be extermely uncomfortable unless you're lucky enough to have centeral air conditioning in your home. Also, if you apply vaseline on your lips before you go to sleep, you'll wake up with super soft lips!

Ok, I have a little problem and I'm hoping one of you sisters can help me out. You see a few months ago I got my nose pierced, and just as it healed I noticed a little bump/pimple right on the edge. I was told to dry it out with Hydrogen peroxide but that didnt' work out as it dries out the pimple but it ends up coming back. I'm at my wit's end with this thing and I can't seem to get rid of it. I'll appreciate any help y'all can offer!

salaam!

girl, I am having that same PROBLEM with my pierced nose!!!!!!! I will try the hydrogen peroxide....and see if it actually works, even if its temporary!

Also I heard that tree oil will treat it..but I haven't been able to try it either..so I'm going to a tattoo parlor to see what they say....

I thought I was the only one suffering with that problem! I will let you know if I hear of a different treatment!

ZOLA   

CONSCIOUS...I GOT MY NOSE PIERCED ABOUT 3 YRS AGO AND IT TOOK 1 YR FOR MY NOSE TO HEAL...I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM U HAVING...THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED FOR ME WAS A 14KR GOLD NOSE RING ...STAY AWAY FROM SILVER... THE LIL BUMP WILL BE THERE UNTIL U NOSE HEALS COMPLETELY......

A.A

Malaika,

Hey sweety! well How long does it take to heal cuz i had mine for about 2 years...and it looks healed but every once in a while that bumb appears and i have to put like 2 pounds of MAC NC50 smile.gif to cover it all ...on and off ...

MD   

^^^^^^ LOL

WOW girls keep them posts coming i'm learning a lot, never knew vaseline was that good :D

A7LA-SHU   

oh woow. and i thought my mom n my older sis were crazy to use food for their hair, n skin.. aight ladies leave the poor food alone lol.. seriously im not girly girly so i don't do anything to take care of my skin. but since yo'll wanna know some secrets my older sis is darnn good at dat.. so i'll holla at ya latter. untill then please leave the banana and the rest of the food alone hahahah lol

asalaamu alaykum,

Malikaah I was told to use surigcal steel instead of gold... I think it's about time I gave gold a try though! THanks for your help.

Opinionated, plzzz do let me know whatever the tatoo ppl tell you. Jzk for your help too smile.gif

Ok ladies, I have a problem!

It's summertime and my skin becomes oily in this hot, sticky weather ( I live in a place where the humidity is sometimes unbearable). Now in winter, its quite the opposite, I suffer from dry skin.

So what products worked for you to control oil? Plz let me know.

As for the topic.....I don't have beauty secrets, I just use what works for me.

For my dry skin, BodyShop's Shea butter is best. I apply this once, its enough for almost the whole day.

Make-up, I use minimally..unless the occasion calls for it. I love maybellines's eyeliner in velvet black. I like it b'coz I hate liquid liners and also this product doesn't smutch easily.

I'm a sucker for MAC lipsticks, and for lipliner I use Bodyshop's Mocha.

Facial cleanser: Avena. Your face feels clean N' you'll fell refreshed

Hair: Hot Six Oil (forgot the company name)... keeps my hair smooth n' shiny.

Also its a must for a lady to have in her possession body sprays and perfumes!! For consumer friendly body sprays, check out BODYSHOP! Luv that store.