Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Anwar al Awlaki: Speaks the truth shames allying with the enemy

Ashkiro   

This was posted in the Islamic section last week, that section hardly gets any debates. Anyway I intend not to get involved in this discussion since it requires a great deal of time to debate, but I would like to make a quick point that I believe is missing here. Here’s how I understood Sh. Tawfique: Foreign Policy of Western Countries is harmful and counterproductive, the reason being the advisors of these Presidents for example those whom advice the President of United States on the Muslim World are not the correct advisors, hence the destructive coarse of the War on Terror and worsening of relationships between the Muslim World and the West (wars, terrorism, death and destruction, and racist policies against Muslims in Western countries etc etc), this coarse needs to change, and those that can change it are the Muslim Scholars, instead of waging imperialistic wars (via the advice received from incorrect sources), Western Nations need a dialogue with the Islamic Scholars, this will bring peace and change that is needed. I see nothing wrong with this stance and I fail to see the problem.

guerilla   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam*:

^^^LOL I missed that, been stressed with general life. Link please.
smile.gif

Guerilla, I cannot side with one priest over another simply because I do not share the same faith nor values with them. What you think about the ins and outs of something you have rejected is not going to help, as far as you are concerned they are both lost and misguided soo maaha.

I didn't call anyone lost or misguided, I happen to share a different outlook on life. That doesn't preclude me from saying anything I like on any topic including this one.

I think I've seen enough of this forum

Ibtisam   

^^^You can say what you like of course, but does not amount to much, because you start off point is from a different point of view all together. Re-read your first response.

Ashkiro: I can only agree with that take if i close one eye and squit from the other. I don't know about the US, but strange things are happening in the UK.

Ngonge: Islam is open to helping None muslims help other muslims ;) SOS stand is for him to defend, my stand was not a personal one against Bokero but on principle, go ahead and read what I said to him.

The only thing that can be used against Sh.Tawfique's speech is his naive beleive that the West actually want to fight terrosim as per say and have nothing against Islam.

NGONGE   

Ibti, no you go and read it. We already established how forgetful you are.

Do you want to give me a heart attack? You were talking about Bokero directly in your short lecture in that thread. Now quit being stubborn and placate me by saying that I misunderstood your words or something. smile.gif

ANTARA   

Brother Awlaki is one of the few Culimaas trusted today by many muslims.

He sent an interesting letter of solidarity to the Alshabaab which he recieved a reply for,

Salutations to Alshbaab

We are following your recent news and it fills our hearts with immense joy. We would like to congratulate you for your victories and achievements.

Al-Shabab not only have succeeded in expanding the areas that fall under their rule but they have succeeded in implementing the sharia and giving us a living example of how we as Muslims should proceed to change our situation. The ballot has failed us but the bullet has not.

al-Shabab who are with limited resources in an impoverished country are a manifestation of what tawakul on Allah means. We see in them the meaning of “And whoever has taqwa, Allah will make a way out for him. And will provide for him from where he does not expect.” [al-Talaaq 2-3]

The university of the battlefield that al-Shabab have chosen to study at, which is teaching them lessons in honor and steadfastness will prove to be a better tarbiyyah method than the Islamic universities run by Green Zone Scholars under governments headed by pimps that teach them the fiqh of weakness and humiliation.

The university of Somalia will graduate an alumni of judges, administrators, enjoiners of good and forbiders of evil, capable and tested leaders, teachers, imams, and fighters who are hardened by the field and ready to carry on with no fear and hesitation. It will provide its graduates with the hands-on experience that the ummah greatly needs for its next stage.

But their success depends on your support. It is the responsibility of the ummah to help them with men and money.

Al-Shabab have already started a program of enforcement of law that would bring peace and security to the people. They are also applying hudud and fighting against innovations that have been around for centuries. We ask Allah to grant them success.

I would like to take this opportunity to advise my brothers to be kind and soft with the masses; to excuse them for centuries of ignorance and false beliefs; to teach first and hold responsible last. I would advise you to go by certainty and to leave doubts; to prefer forgiveness over revenge. The masses of the people are suffering from the illnesses of tribalism, ignorance, and a campaign of defamation of sharia. Therefore you need to win the hearts and minds of the people and take them back to their fitrah.

Dear brothers may Allah guide you and grant you victory. Only Allah knows that if my circumstances would have allowed I would not have hesitated in joining you and being a soldier in your ranks.

Assalamu alaykum

Your Brother

Anwar al-Awlaki

al-Shabab: Reply to the Greeting and Advice of Sheikh Anwar

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله

Reply to the Greeting and Advice of Sheikh Anwar

O beloved Sheikh Anwar,

We ask Allah to reward you for your encouragement and words of advice. Your words have reached us and, by the will of Allah, we will benefit from your recommendations. The enemies of Islam are increasing their efforts more and more these days and are directing more attention to the media battle and the battle for the “hearts and minds.” As we have seen even recently, they are continuously throwing accusations at those who want to live by the law of the Creator. For example, we can take the issue of the stoning of the woman in Kismayo. The disbelievers have falsely reported that she was 13 years old, unmarried, and was raped. The reality and truth is that she was over 20 years old, married, and was practicing adultery. This is just one example of how they twist the news, so we would like to take this opportunity to advise our brothers not to believe any news reported about us except from our official Media Department.

Sheikh, we look to you as one of the very few scholars who stand firm upon the truth and defend the honor of the Mujahideen and the Muslims by continuously uncovering the feeble plots of the enemies of Allah. Allah knows how many of the brothers and sisters have been affected by your work so we ask you to continue the important effort you are doing wherever you are and never to fear the blame of the blamers. Keep us in your invocations as you know this path is always full of trials and Allah tests those that He loves. We ask Allah to guide the Muslims and to open their eyes to the plots of their enemies and to give them the strength and success to hold firmly to the rope of Allah. We ask Allah to protect you and all of those who are standing for the truth. We ask Allah to join us together in this world and in the highest of Paradise. O Sheikh, we would not only look at you as only a soldier, but as the likes of Ibn Taymiya during the trials of the Ta’tars.

Your brothers from Shabab Al-Mujahidin.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Resistance:

The only thing that can be used against Sh.Tawfique's speech is his naive beleive that the West actually want to fight terrosim as per say and have nothing against Islam.

Indeed.

NinBrown   

Ng if i understood it well, all Ibti is saying is that in certain situations the UN is just an extension of the occupation/invasions of UK/US/NATO.

So in Afghanistan they are invaded by UK/US/NATO, but to win the hearts and minds of the people...the UN comes and starts to hand out sweets..hence the UN, in this situation is just an extension of the invading force. Contrast this to the time the UN refused to go to Iraq because there was an invasion in progress.

Ibtisam   

^^BarakAllah fii.

Ngonge sii daas baa laag raab. Why can't you overstand like NinBrown icon_razz.gif

Ngonge, my apologies if it seemed like I was issuing a ruling on Bokero [please do dig up the thread to refresh my mind], I am not in position to do so, but what I wanted to say is as above. UN in Afghanistan is helping the invaders, Muslims working with them are therefore part taking in the occupation and suffering of their fellow Muslims.

Antar Not to sure about the reply there brother, what is your source?

So even if he believes that the perpetrators of such acts are wrong and have no basis in sharia, the most he can say about them is that they have followed an invalid ijtihad.
But under no circumstances is he allowed to side with the disbelievers against these Muslims. If a Muslim kills each and every civilian disbeliever on the face of the earth he is still a Muslim and we cannot side with the disbelievers against him

I’ve stopped reading after this point. The above statements seem simplistic (based on un-contextualized interpretation taken from Surah al Maidah 51) and absurd considering the reality of how and where Muslims live in today’s world.

A large proportion of the Muslim populace live in multi-faith, multi-cultural societies and there must be some ground rules to co-exist peacefully which all parties must agree to and then adhere to sincerely.

The issue of siding with the ‘disbelievers’ is a multi-dimensional subject, subject to conditions like

1) Situation - are Muslims at war with non-Muslims?

2) If its not a war, is it still a stately issue concerning the Muslim State?

3) If not 1 & 2, is it an issue of faith and practice?

4) If not 1 – 3, it is an individual issue involving a Muslim and non-Muslim? Perhaps dispute over property, personal or criminal? This is where I would severely disagree with the above interpretation. An individual dispute is an individual dispute and must be settled fairly (depending on the governing body of the state, whether Islamic or democratic – unless the latter ruling conflicts with core Islamic beliefs). A crime is a crime. And a crime committed against another human being, whether Muslim or non Muslim is a crime nonetheless. To side with a criminal ‘Muslim’ brother/sister who has indiscriminately bombed a bus, is a crime against Islam.

I havent covered every issue above or addressed the nuances of the different points, but I hope its clear that applying a blanket rule to a complex situation just doesn’t work – for Muslims or non Muslims. And its rather sad that the Muslim intelligentia often churn unrealistic, one-sided (read: hypocritical) views of not treating others as they would like to be treated.

Ibtisam   

^^^ You have the wrong end of the stick, but still manage to highlight the whole point he is making serenity. Yes

a criminal ‘Muslim’ brother/sister who has indiscriminately bombed a bus, is a crime against Islam.

In this situation you are siding with Islam rather than a none Muslim.

Everything should be read in its context and bare in mind he is responding to the issue of ideological warfare and who as a Muslim you ally yourself with. A Muslim should always side with a Muslim; either by correcting them (i.e. Siding with Islam) or supporting them when they are right.

there must be some ground rules to co-exist peacefully which all parties must agree to and then adhere to sincerely.

There are, and Muslims should follow those rules, as long as it does not come to conflict with their deen and yes a crime is a crime. However again I think you are missing the issue, which is preempting "radical extremist" in cases where there is no crime or there is an alleged crime, but no evidence regardless of what the so called democratic state says, Muslims are required to side with the Muslim.

Lastly, yes we get your point (which is the same point most ulams have been making since dawn), but you are applying a blanket rule to the Muslim intelligentia, particularly as it seems that you have not been following the discussions in those circles in recent times (or if you have it is not evident in your response)

Ibts, I dont have the time for long-winded articles or a debate, but feel free to point out in the shortest and sharpest way, what you disagree with point blank. :D

What you refer to as 'Siding with Islam rather than a none Muslim' can be enterpreted that way or siding with a none-Muslim, especially if the rule of law for any wrong doing is applied by a secular system.

However again I think you are missing the issue, which is preempting "radical extremist" in cases where there is no crime or there is an alleged crime, but no evidence regardless of what the so called democratic state says, Muslims are required to side with the Muslim

You dont have to be a Muslim to agree that verdict based on preemptive evidence or alleged crime with no evidence is nonsense.

Lastly, I didnt apply no blanket rule (please read properly!), and used the word often, which can be changed to sometimes if it will make you feel better ;)

Edit

I agree with the point that when it comes to idealogical warfare, you should side with a Muslim.

ANTARA   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam*:

Antar Not to sure about the reply there brother, what is your source?

Ibtis it is in his website walaal google his name.

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

The issue of siding with the ‘disbelievers’ is a multi-dimensional subject, subject to conditions like

Serenity, walaal is there any doubt they are disbelivers?

Johnny B   

^^^^Siding with the one you agree with in any given subject is relative ... sharing a common belief in a specefic religion is NOT, will not and can not ( read that again ) justify an endless agreemen/diagreement with someone. P.E.R.I.O.D :

Now where does Borkero's Job or his freinds' is applicable here?, my thoughts too...

Stuff och Material !! ;)