Sign in to follow this  
mojam

Somalia vs Ghana

mojam   

Somalia will play Ghana for the 2006 world cup qualifying. This is also for the Africa Nations cup qualifying.

lambda   

I dont think that we have a chance agains´t Ghana

but let me remind u that somalia won the east &middle africa cup in the 80´ against tansania and i was there yeah and i will never forget that game a famous somali player called mukhtaar cutti scored two goals in the last minutes of the game and we won 3:2 ..

The good old days .. :(

LANDER   

My portuguese friend always showed me the Fifa world ranking and claimed Somalia had a team. Of course it was always ranked last or before last IN THE ENTIRE WORLD(next to Djibouti :D ). I use to tell him to quit that non-sense Somalia has no team because of war but I guess its true...lol. What a joke. I think ghana will SLAUGHTER this so-called Somalia team look out for a new African record for MOST GOALS in a single game....lol don't mean to sound so synical but its true. Specially with the young upcoming players from Ghana. Remember they won the under 21 world cup a few years ago?? Thats the same group of people coming up now, I hope they qualify for the world cup, I also hope for a miracle and the Somalia team scores 1 goal...at least to save face na mean?...lol

N.O.R.F   

does anyone reckon we can go over and play??? we will do better, trust me!!!

1 Baashi

2 Hornafrik

3 Gediid

4 Lander

5 Shuji (Italian defence)

6 Libaax

7 Jamaal 11

8 Winger

9 Mojam

10 Northerner

11 Baaniyal

Coach: The Clown!!!

LANDER   

lol@northerner

I like playing in the mid-field anyway.

But I'm not sure about Clown as a coach, we don't wanna turn into a joke of a team. :D

^^^^^ my centiments exactlty lol.

Hey North you have picked my Natural position bruv, as long as HA, Ged and Lnder are not useless :D i reckon we would keep the score down to a respectable 0-0, unless the lads upfornt are any good?

Paragon   

LoL In reality it doesn't matter if Ghana beats the crap out of our team. All that will matter to us is to beat the Ethiopians 1-0 ;) . The last time that happened the Ethio-team got mobbed and stoned and ontop of that lost their jobs. lol

I know a fellow who use to complain about the world "Very". His request was people to call him "Foolish" if they wish but not to add the word "very"...coz Foolish doesn't offend him that much... the problem is the word "Very" if preffixed with the word foolish. So as long as we beat Ethiopia sheekadeena waa bandar :D

Baaniyal   

lol@Northerner,excellent lineup mate but i think i would be more effecient if i was used as one of the goal posts. I don't see Ghana blowing Somalia out by more than 3-4 goals. Last year i think it was when Somalia had to play Cameeroon in the first round of the qualifiers for the World Cup. They played two legs both had to be played in Yaounde,Cameeroon. The final score for both games was 3-0 for Cameeroon. So i suggest a Liverpoolian sort of defence,with ten men behind the ball. There is no need to try and score against a team that boasts Sammi Kuffor in their defence. So i wonder what the morning headlines will read --> Sammi Kuffor against Jamac Qawdan?

Scary indeed.

N.O.R.F   

strict training regime:

9-12....Training..ball skills, running, defence, attck

12-2....Food....Baris iyo Hilib, maraq, custard iyo xab xab for dessert the cop shaha

after go home

think we can keep to this??? i certainly love the 12-2 part, don know if i can take the 9-12 tho!

i reckon we would keep the score down to a respectable 0-0, unless the lads upfornt are any good? ... dont worry about us bro we will run rings around them, dont no if we can score tho..

Bachelor   

Is QAT allowed? I believe it will help the players to stay focus, learn new deffensive metheods and develop thier critical thinking skill. ;)

nuune   

as BACHELOR said,QAT will help build their muruq,margiyaha,halbowlaha iyo xididaha,if they got all these,they will win in a matter of seconds

Lefty   

Somalis usually had great number of individual-skillful players but the problem always laid the way the national team were conducted and selected.

World Cup 2002 First round qualifyings, somalia played against one of the best teams of Africa Cameroon and the score ended 3-0 and 3-0. Both games were played in Yaounde, Cameroon because the opponent couldn't dare making the trip to Mogadishu LOL. Those domestic based players who represent the team do their best but that isn't enough. If they allow foreign based young players to be part of the national team, they would make huge difference.

mojam   

The somali team is good... trust me if they held Cameroun at 3-0 both games, they can put a fight against Ghana or any other team for that matter.

Although, Cameroun isn't a really though team, they are the African champions. The FIFA ranking system doesn't say too much about a team but cameroun is the highest ranked African team.

Lefty, I think the our team can do very well with the domestic talent but it needs money and lots of it.