Sign in to follow this  
Maf Kees

Remembering our warriors

Maf Kees   

Tribute to our fallen heroes that used to make our enemies cry, bend to their knees and make them scream for mercy like squeeling pigs. Not like these lowlife scumbags of today that target their own Somali people. I'm talking about the real countrymen that would die for every inch of Somali soil. Our people has known desperate times, but these warriors would bring us a ray of hope through the dark clouds. Our most respected but mysterious hero Iman Ahmed Gurey made the Christian Farmers of the Highlands feel the fury of the Muslim Nomads of the Lowlands. Again and again, our neighbours seem to be rescued in history as we try to take over the Ethiopian Highlands and spread light in that dark terrain. First by the Portuguese and than in the 70s by the Russians and Cubans. As much as we respect Ethiopia, the land that gave refuge to our beloved prophet and his ashaab, we Somalis cannot act as if we are friends while they are dividing our country and occupying some of our people and doomed them to be second class citizens.

106366926_b5dbf1e40c_m.jpg

106366918_70c39b48b0_m.jpg

On one early morning in 1976, tanks and armored personnel carriers were storming á la Blitzkrieg into Ethiopia. Their mission: Liberate the occupied Somalis. All odds were against them. Our army had the discipline, the material and the morale. Our airforce fleet was twice as large as Ethiopia's and 5 times more tanks too. Ethiopia did not stand a chance. They could run, but they could not hide. Region after region fell as the panic reached new heights in the streets of Addis Ababa. Dolow, Negeley, Jigjiga, Dire Dawa etc. The Somalis even came as far as reaching Nazrat, just a few steps away from their capital.

106366920_f518e2a850_m.jpg

The Halimos would make sure to make victory a certainty. Look at the fierceness in their eyes. I feel a tear coming up.

106369763_fa82444ce2_m.jpg

106366917_d9c367501f_m.jpg

106366923_b91975cfae_m.jpg

106366924_0c03d7d7ca_m.jpg

At the end, this noble war turned out to be what the 6-day war against Israel meant for the Arabs. We found ourselves in a downward spiral. Our leadership, as ****ed up as it allready was, became worse. The disgusting government started to attack it's own people in the remote areas of Somalia. Stealing their livestock, poisoning their wells, massacring them and what not. Now we know where that path has led us.

Sometimes I wonder wether we are cursed or not. Especially if you look at our people, so jolly and joyful, while we are the last people to smile about anything if you look at the rest of the world. Ilaahey dadkeena waxooda uu sahal. Amin.

http://aduunka.blogspot.com/2006/03/farah-blue-remembers-our-warriors.html

Sayyid   

That's when we Somalis had glamour, greatness and prestige!

Oh, I've seen so many veterans of that war some even with horrific injuries on their bodies marked as a remembrance for the rest of their days!

I saw their army headquarters just outside Addis-Ababa, where all their tanks and areoplanes were and my uncle pointed to it and said "We came as far as here during the war in 1977/78 war", and I was astonished!

I saw Diridhaba, Jigjiga and Godey and people were telling me commander so and so was killed at this same spot and they can even relate where he died and what happened at the moment of his death (Somalis are still patriotic, judging their remembrance of the heroes who perished there)!

We Somalis are great people and our advancement took the whole world by surprise because we were better trained than those cowards (Ethiopians), although they had support from the soviet union.

Somalis were on their own and they trusted their god because the Soviets have betrayed us in the last minute and sided with Ethiopia resulting in the deportation of high level officials from Somali soil, how great we were and the state we find us in is just totally incomparable!

Somalis captured strategy places and areas, which surprised everyone our victorios war was stopped by Jimmy Carter, Soviets and combined Cuban and Yemeni troops.

Jimmy Carter as a priest saw it fit to support the christian ruling elite of Ethipia as Ethipia is not a chrisitan country anymore despite popular believe, the muslims way outnumber them orthodox christians and fundamentalists!

Long live the Brave nation of Somalia, back then we were the strongstest nation in the region, even the Saudis feared us!

Anyhow nothing is lost we can bring it back once we sort ourselves out!

Sayyid   

Yeah, I forget to add that we were not "defeated" because under the treaty we had to "give up" the whole areas that we liberated from the axmaaro qurunley!

We should not forget the support we received from our brethren in Egypt, who sided with us and was even threating the combined forces that were attacking us.

Subsequently after our retreat a coup attempt failed lead by Col. Cirro and Col. Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmad, one was captured and the other fled to the same people he was fighting against, the Ethiopians!

Then they subsequently founded the first rebel group that attacked Somali soil for the first time, brothers against brothers!

We all know what followed, gradually more and more guerilla groups arrived and it was a question about when and not if before the Somali government and regime collopsed and with it our statehood and nation!

It's a great pity and disaster, however funny enough after the collopse the people, who welcomed the Somalis first were the Ethiopians after they fled to Ethiopian soil and til this day Somalis live in Ethiopia peacefully among their Ethiopian brethren, who welcomed them at the hour of their most need, for that we have to thank the ethiopian government and people!

Well another glorification of the past which one might say directly contributed to the client situation that exists in the motherland, pictures of a former dictator that was a puppet in the cold war ( and duly ditched when it served its purpose ) hardly fills my heart with pride.

This is not an attack on Somali's past history, as past administrations had a bit more zest and grip on its people,

The previous models were based on schools of thaught that was generated in some far away land.

what we need in model based on our faith and is true the qur'aan and ahadiith.

wasalaam

ScarFace   

Thats the problem with most african and arab states. THEY DONT KNOW WHEN TO GET OFF THE SEAT....

sometimes its unbeleivable and i wonder what if the late great president of our beloved motherland actually GOT HIS butt OUT OF THE SEAT.

would we be in the same state as now?or would things be different.

BOB   

The best way to keep their Golden Legacy going is to make sure each and everyone of us play his/her Somalinimo part to perfection and be positive, after all Somalia has always been great to us it’s only us (Somalis) who failed to return the favour.

We (The New Generation) are the last hope our beloved Somalia has and we should keep the flames burning and keep on spreading the Somali Love around and tell the kids of today about those Fallen warriors who sacrificed their dear life so that me and you could be born proud and free and above all have a place to call Motherland.

One day my Brothers and Sister One day Insha Allah, the greater Somalia will recapture it’s Glory days where the entire continent used to look up to us and Somali citizens were respected and admired wherever they went.

We played a major role in Central Africa Republic’s aspirations for independence and our army and air force trained those of Burundi and our Commandos (one of the most feared in the entire African continent) helped Samora Machel of Moazmbique to power where he later named one of the biggest and the most beautiful streets of Maputo after our late President Mohammed Said Barre. (I walked on that street proudly more than one occasion) My brothers & Sisters hold your heads high and don’t despair for Glory days are right around the corner for You and Me Insha Allah.

May Allah s.w Bless SOMALIA.

Peace,Love & Unity.