Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

K'naan-An extra, extraordinary performer

Originally posted by MC Xamar:

Interesting fact: My wife knew Keynaan and his mother and brother and sister back in the early 90's when they lived in Dixon and they're from the same qabiil. So that means I'm one degree of separation from K'Naan!!

Fantastic! Now i have a whiteboy as a seedi :D

I think i may have softened on K'naan a bit these days. Of course ever since i saw him on B.E.T,thats why..rest assured i still need some convincing...

This the song that was shot at Somalia? It used to come on tv him and that dude from the Philosopher Kings. Someone told me K'naan was a macalin dugsi? I doubt it but If it true then this is a big switch over. Apparently he is a farax who is reppin for the refugee. I don't see the big fuss in him.

I think K’NAAN represents the new voice of hip hop --- when BET stops degrading black culture, people like K’NAAN will get their voices heard – his music channels historical references that are relevant for the young generation – because how can one know where they’re headed without knowing their past.

I just hope Somalis would support him --- a lot of people are talking too much ish about him. Some accuse him of stealing old Somali poetry and translating them to English, some hate his voice – we have to understand he is our voice.

I remember a concert he did in montreal, seeing all the French people screaming and chanting Somali sayings like ‘sobax’. We can’t shut our most prominent voice to the world at the moment, in terms of media coverage. Our nation is forgotten by most people – for now he’s our brand spokesperson.

Through him, some kids as young as five or six in Koronto unconsciously recite Careys Ciise's [Eebbe ha u naxariistee] saars. This niece of mine surprised me one day when I caught her singing in a not-so-conscious Careys Ciise's style of chanting: Wataa...hadii kale waxaan lahaa...aaheey.

Shimaali did before him by bringing forth Carey's Ciise's style when he incorporated one of his songs in that that Kalifoorniyaa tagee album. To many of us, it forced us to realize how wonderful the contribution Careys Ciise made to our culture truly was.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by hodman:

K'naan is amazing and whoever thinks he sucks is just a hater :mad:

But, dear, don't you know - hating is Somalis chief stock in trade ;)

Frankly there isn't much to hate on. He doesn't represent me nor do I consider him as a role model. May Allah guide us all to the straight path. Anyone who glorifies a rapper is lost.

Khalaf   

Ameen tell um what's up Didi. instead of paying $15 for CD, wasting time, energy, money on a concert....its better to give that money in sadaqah to orphan or needy person....the blessing in it is big big.

^^ finaly some people that make sense.

It is not about hating anyone, It is about glorifying someone who took a different path than the prophet s.c.w. How can you justify that? How can u face allah in qiyamah, when you praised monkey music in this life? where is our pride and dignity to shoot down munkar! Or does our loyalty to our qabiil or friends supercede our loyalty to the sunnah?

What i think we should do is advice our muslim brother to make tawbah and take the way of the prophet s.c.w. Tell him to Worship allah before death comes knocking at his door. That is what i call supporting him and helping him. But if you keep encouraging him to make more monkey music and scream in kafir gatherings, you are just moving him closer to the hellfire (wal cayadu bilah)

O Muslims u need to open ur eyes and wake up.Make tawbah to allah subhana watacalaa and come back to ur dignity and pride. It is clear that we are hypnotized or intoxicated with this new type of KUFR. We are looking for a voice among the kafirs and Izza is only with allah, the rasul, the muminooon and allah said, the munafiquun will never understand!

Castro   

^ I believe Khayr would take exception to your sermon here.

But if you keep encouraging him to make more monkey music and scream in kafir gatherings, you are just moving him closer to the hellfire (wal cayadu bilah)

Hmmm. So if it's not "monkey music" in a "kafir" gathering, it's ok?

So Egal in Minnesota (next weekend) is no problem?

egal_omar_front.jpg

^ Ok I see you want to argue

I think you know the answer' if you dont. here it goes.

NO IT IS NOT OK. monkey music, somali music, hindi music, arab music..whatever music!

“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…†[Luqmaan 31:6]

“[Allaah said to Iblees:] And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for Allaah’s disobedience)…†[al-Israa’ 17:64]

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments…†(Narrated by al-Bukhaari ta’leeqan, no. 5590; narrated as mawsool by al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi. See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 91).

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This is a saheeh hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari in his Saheeh, where he quoted it as evidence and stated that it is mu’allaq and majzoom. He said: Chapter on what was narrated concerning those who permit alcohol and call it by another name.

This hadeeth indicates in two ways that musical instruments and enjoyment of listening to music are haraam. The first is the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “[they] permit†which clearly indicates that the things mentioned, including musical instruments, are haraam according to sharee’ah, but those people will permit them. The second is the fact that musical instruments are mentioned alongside things which are definitely known to be haraam, i.e., zinaa and alcohol: if they (musical instruments) were not haraam, why would they be mentioned alongside these things? (adapted from al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 1/140-141)

Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This hadeeth indicates that ma’aazif are haraam, and ma’aazif means musical instruments according to the scholars of (Arabic) language. This word includes all such instruments. (al-Majmoo’, 11/535).

Yaa akh' lets all make tawbah and follow the sunnah of the prophet s.c.w. IS THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND????

Castro   

Originally posted by Asxabul_kahf:

^ Ok I see you want to argue

Not at all. Just wanted to make sure you'd perform the customary copy and paste for the benefit of all of us.

Stop the sarcacism old man. You know deep down, that what he's telling you is true!

Music concerts encourage the act of zina and gender mixing. People get transfixed and ladies start jumping up and down, with their make up on and expensive perfume they wearing and afterwards its down to the bar!

A place and people, who gather in their thousands not to worship Allaah but to indulge in sin is indeed something to be scared off. What if Allaah takes the ground off their feet and the ground swallows them like it happened in the Zionist country in a wedding gathering, where a whole concert hall collapsed, due to the bouncing, jumping, shaking and screaming of the godless people.

Would you or anyone for that matter send their children to such gatherings?

I've heard lots of things, whereby women have been grapped inappriopately by fellow jungle muisc fans. What can you do as a female, when this happens to you? Afterall you stand in a big crowd and you wouldn't/couldn't possible tell, who the perpertraitor was, so I guess you have to endure with it, until the end of the concert.

Would you or anyone for that matter feel remorse or a sense of guilt?

God help us all! Ameen.